Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Guru Point Challenge - Making Feraligatr Prime work!

4-3-4 Feraligatr Prime
2-1 Uxie
1-1 Bronzong Sf
1-1 Floatzel X
1 Q
1 Azelf
1 Crobat G
=21

4 Collector
4 Bebe's
4 Judge
4 Rare Candy
3 PokeComm
3 BTS
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmers
1 Luxball
1 Fisherman
=25

12 Water
=12

The 4 judges is for semi-dealing with Sp's. You basically just use Hydro-Crunch and tank. If they kill you just floatzel and then continue setting up another one and free retreat. You SHOULD be 2hkoing the format when set-up.

The list looks oddly simple but effective. At first glance, I thought "he isn't even trying here..." but when I hold the list up to the light, it looks interestingly, consistant. HOWEVER, you have no starters and the judges can destroy your own setup (12 energies and very little trainer draw in the way). This can whiff HARD very easily. That being said, if I get away from tournament play and went into 'new player teaching' mode, I love the list. If I built this out for a NEW league junior, they'd thoroughly enjoy having the candies, the judges, the communicators, and they'd have no need to fear the 1 basic starts that this list would most likely yield. Warp energy or Warp point would really help that Floatzel X get out there before you need to get KO'd to promote and level up. (1 Guru Point = Nugget)

Last edited by a moderator:
This card is really good in any water deck except Gyarados. Blastoise from Unleashed combined with Feralitgatr Prime is the most common Water-Type combo is the U.S. currently. It was the best idea since SP Pokemon. The combo works like this. You use Blastoise's attack Hydro Launcher to do 100 damage to any Pokemon on your opponent's side of the field. The cost is you return the 2 energy cards to your hand. It may look easy to take down at first but if you Have Fealigatr prime on the bench. You can use Rain Dance to put them back on. If you have Floatzel GL LVX on the bench as well once Blastoise is knocked out you can return the cards to your hand so you can just use Broken Time-Space to put the whole thing back on the field. This will cause a loop that your opponent maybe can not stop. You just do Hydro Launcher every turn to take all 6 prizes from the bench. Very hard to pull off but if u can, you have a powerhouse to work with.

Last edited:
Hm, one that works fairly well is this:

2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime
3-3 Starmie
1-1 Floatzel G Lv.X
2-2 Bronzong
2 Spiritomb

4 Bebe's Search
4 Interviewer's Questions
2 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Palmer's Contribution
4 Pokemon Communication

20 Water Energy

Basically you want to get out a Bronzong, Starmie, and Feraligatr out quick. Starmie does 20 damage for each water energy you chose attached to your Pokemon and then returns them back to the deck. Using things like Interviewers and Bronzong makes getting those energy back really easy so you can dump it all onto a Pokemon and repeat the process. with just 6 energy out, you're pretty much knocking out everything that's more commonly used.

Starmie/Feraligatr

[gal=49822]Starmie HGSS[/gal]
This Starmie is the main attacker of this deck. With the proper energy attachment per turn, it can do massive amounts of damage and will not lose any energy due to the fact that all is recycled back into the deck.
The main point of this deck is to get out Feraligatr Prime to Rain Dance as many energy onto any of your pokemon so you can Cosmic Cyclone for huge damage. The best ways I have discovered to obtain this energy that you are attaching are:
[gal=41024]Bronzong SF[/gal]
which will allow you to do at least 40 damage per Bronzong per turn granted you have Starmie active and Feraligatr Prime benched.
[gal=51508]Interviewer's Question[/gal]
which will help you grab those crucial extra energies to get the OHKO on their pokemon.
These two cards will be your main energy obtainers.

Here is the list:
4-3/1 Starmie (RR-GS/RR)
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime (GS - GS - GS)
2-2 Bronzong (SF-SF)
2-1 Uxie X (LA - LA)
1 Azelf (LA)

4 Super Scoop Up
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Dawn Stadium
2 Broken Time-Space
1 Luxury Ball
3 Interviewer's Question
2 Expert Belt

4 Call Energy
1 Warp Energy
8 Water Energy

So as stated, you want to get out Starmie, Feraligatr, and Bronzong to keep consistent damage output. Keep in mind though, that you should play Dawn Stadium only when you have damage on your pokemon. This way you can "tank" and do heavy amounts of damage every turn. Since it has free retreat you can cycle between 2 Starmie GS and try to keep them alive.

A few things that can stop this: This deck has a main attacker with a Base HP of 80 which means you must be very careful, especially with expert belt. It can be KOed with relative ease by most pokemon in the metagame.
A full on power lock on your turn means you won't be able to do much damage unless you already have energy on the field. (Mesprit LA, Grumpig TM)

Thanks for reading!

For many months I played this deck.

Pokemon: 21
Suicune Entei legend 2-2
Kyrogue Groundon 2-2
Feraligatr Prime 2-1-2
Uxie 2-1
Jirachii RR 4
Relicanth 1

T/S/S: 25
1 Luxury Ball
4 Legend Box
3 Bebe's Search
3 Rare Candy
2 Indigo Plateau
4 Pokedrawer +
3 Sage's Training
3 Warp Point
1 Burned Tower
1 Cynthia's Feelings

Energy: 14
7 Water
2 Fire
1 Fighting
2 Rescue
2 Call

Start with a Jirachi and start using its attack. You can go for Bebe's, which lets you get one half of a legend into your hand. Then use detour to get the other half. You can also do Sage's. Be warned 2 Sage's a turn burns throught the deck pretty quickly. Legend Box is just luck, but I find that if I don't have any Legend cards in my hand, there are enough legends in this deck to almost guarantee one. When Jirachi is knocked out, you can search for things like totodile's, Feraligatr's, Rare Candy or even a Pokedrawer in some cases. Croconaw is only ever needed in trainer lock. My stategy with the legends is, try to start off with Entei Suicune and use that for some cheap prizes. While doing this you set up your Kyrogue Groundon (this may not take long due to rain dance and legend box.) Kyrogue Groundon is great for late play, because it has 180HP (with Indigo Plateau in play) and can deck your opponent extremely quickly in some cases. Another great thing about legends is that Gengar Prime cannot Lost Zone them. They are not Pokemon when in your hand. They Seeker, you pick up a legend, play it down again next turn and rain dance the energies back on!

Thanks for Reading!

Another great thing about legends is that Gengar Prime cannot Lost Zone them. They are not Pokemon when in your hand. They Seeker, you pick up a legend, play it down again next turn and rain dance the energies back on!
Is that really the case? Last I checked, they were Pokemon. You can search your deck with anything that searches your deck for Pokemon.

Pokemon: 23

4 Spiritomb AR
4 Totodile HGSS
4 Croconaw HGSS
2 Feraligatr Prime HGSS
2 Feraligatr HGSS (CL also acceptable)
2 Uxie LA
1 Lunatone SV
1 Solrock TM
1 Azelf LA
1 Skuntank G PL
1 Unown Q

Energy: 14

11 Water
3 Warp

T/S/S: 23

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Broken Time Space
3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Twins
3 Seeker
2 Copycat

So, this is my first crack at a guru challenge, so here it is:

This decks name is Spreadgatr, and it revolves around two things, spreading early game with the regular Feraligatr, and finishing off foes with the Prime.

Ideally you would start with a Spiritomb AR and Totodile in hand, and use your Spiritomb to evolve it to a Feraligatr HGSS. You would then employ the same Strategy to get a Feraligatr Prime up and running. Using Feraligatr Prime's Poke-Power: "Rain Dance" attach 3 energy to your Feraligatr HGSS. You would then start spreading damage around the board with Feraligatr's "Spinning Tail" attack. Once your regular Feraligatr is knocked out, your opponent will have quite a bit of damage on their Pokemon. Using Feraligatr Prime's "Hydro Crush" attack, you could then easily knock out your opponents Pokemon. Once your Feraligatr Prime is nearly unable to battle, attach a Warp Energy to move it to the bench. Then use Seeker to pick it all up, and Play it back down with ease. Do this and you'll cruise to victory.

Porblems this deck faces are cards like Nidoqueen RR and Garchomp C "LV.X" These cards heal off the damage you've done and therefor make it hard for your deck to spread damage. For this reason, we've included the Lunarock Combo, which prevents healing via Solrock TM's "Heal Block" Lunatone SV's Poke-Body "Marvel Eyes" prevents damage done to Lunatone and Solrock by Pokemon "LV.X" so it's a 2-4-1 deal. Remember for these Poke-Bodys require both Solrock and Lunatone to be in play.

This deck is very slow, which is why we've employed the high Twins count. Twins is a card which lets you choose any two cards from your deck if you are behind on prizes. This deck will often be behind on prizes whilst setting up, so Twins is the perfect card to turn a weakness into a strength. Spiritomb also helps us as it slows down our opponent, It does this with its Poke-Body "Keystone Seal" preventing you and your opponent from playing Trainers. You don't run many Trainers, so this hurts your opponent more than you. It also speeds up your evolution, which is crucial in a quicker start.

Unown Q is to give your Spiritomb free retreat, Azelf LA is to fetch cards from your Prizes, and Uxie LA is to draw more cards from your deck.

The last card I'd like to talk about is Skuntank G. Its purpose in this deck is to ward off Gengar SF's "Fainting Spell" If you knock out a Gengar SF, "Fainting Spell" puts a 50/50 chance on your Feraligatr going down with it. Skuntank G's "Poison Structure" will knock out Gengar SF, without endangering your Feraligatr.

Well that's my Guru response to this challenge. Good luck everyone!

Usually, if he moves it to the subforum the results are finl, you can still showcase ideas, but the points will be zero.

Im assuming RA is doing this, otherwise this is a never-ending cycle.

Speedgatr

This is nearly an Donk deck that revolves around Hydro Crunch and Crobat G drops.
Here is the list:

Pokemon: 19

4 Totodile GS
3 Croconaw HS/GS
4 Feraligatr Prime HS/HSP
3 Crobat G PL
2 Bronzor
2 Bronzong SF
1 Uxie LA

T/S/S: 30

4 Poketurn
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Cyrus conspiracy
4 Pokedrawer +
4 Rare Candy
3 Bebe's search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Broken Time space
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmers Contribution

Energy:

11 :water:

Strategy:

Set up fast with everything and use Crobat G to boost Feraligatr's Hydro Crunch to try to OHKO things
Bronzong SF: Is used for getting energys.

My friend uses a simular list so this has been a little tested but for the most it's [del]red face powder[/del] theorymon.
Uh? It keeps changing to red face powder when I'm writing rogue1 (-1).

Sorry for my English!

Last edited:
BlastGater

I think that if you pair Feraligatr Prime with blastoise UL and a 2-2 Garchomp C. You can abuse the SP engine
and have extra sniping power. Here's the list:

Pokemon/27

3-2-3 Blastoise UL
3-2-3 Feraligatr Prime
2-2 Garchomp C X
4 Sabeleye
2 Crobat G
1-1 Floatzel GL

Trainers Supporters Stadiums/22

4 Cyrus's Conspiricy
2 SP Radar
3 Energy Gain
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
1 PONT
4 Poke Turn

Energy/11

4 Double Colorless
7 Water

Last edited:
OK. I read those posts up there ^^ and they're all good-great posts! WOW!
MagneGatr is good, but the cross types slows Frally down IMO. If you can get around that, AWESOME.

The BEST theoretical combo that I can think of, is a Feraligatr, a POLITOED, and an all water cast of companions.

for example, the list COULD look like this:
Pokemon: 21

2-1-2 Feraligatr
1-0-1 Politoed
3 Sableye (not water... yeah, but GREAT set up card)
4-3 Gyrados SF
2-2 Wailord TM

T/S/S:

3 Collector
4 Candy
3 Bebe's
1 Lux Ball
3 BTS
1 E Belt
2 PONT
3 Seeker
2 Palmer's
2 Fisherman

Energy: 15
Water x15

With this setup (and BTS and Candies) you could get Politoed and feraligatr out on the bench T2-T3 with a sableye start, and that could let an easy gyra or wailord out and switch using politoed.
also, with Gyra and Wailord having MASSIVE hp, once in trouble, you could just Leap Frog away, regardless of Special Conditions to keep the attackers alive and Rain Dance allows easy and relatively quick attacking.
this whole thing kinda jumped out at me while typing. Don't exactly know if it'd work... but i have a good feeling.

I'm a noob, but I got commended on my on-the-spot deck making (theories) today.
Buuttt.... anyways, idk if this is the IDEAL list because I needed to cut a few T/S/S for more energies to make use for Rain Dance. Please think about the concept (Frally + Politoed + 2 heavy HP water attackers. G'dos and Wailord are just good examples cause they're stage 1. there's also a seeker/BTS combo going here that would work GREAT w/ raindance.)

thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:
I really think that a straight Feraligatr might be fun because of the Call of Legends Totodile. I picture the list as something like this:

Pokemon: 20
4 Totodile Col
2 Croconaw HGSS
3 Feraligatr Prime
2 Uxie
1 Unown (return)
1 Unown q
2 Bronzor
2 Bronzong Sf
3 Spiritomb

Trainers: 24
3 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Rare Candy
2 Fishermen
2 Engineers Adjustment
2 Seeker
2 Broken Time Space
2 Dawn Stadium
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Memory Berry
1 Lucian's Assignment

Energy: 16
14 Water
2 Warp Energy

Strategy
Set up Feraligatr as quickly as possible and try to fill you hand with energy via draw power and Bronzong. Use Memory Berry to use Totodile's Aqua Tail while tanking with Dawn Stadium. Unown (Return) can be used to return energy to your hand as well as Seeker. Fairly simple concept but could be fun.

Possible techs

Suicune Entei Legend
Can be used to snipe the opponents bench for 100 damage each turn.

Pokemon with the attack Grind (Trapinch RR, Tangrowth CoL, Tyranitar SF)
These pokemon can use grind to do damage for each energy atached. I personally like Trapinch to hit Luxray Gl for weakness, and Tyranitar to hit Gengar for weakness.

Hope you guys like this idea as well.:thumb:

3 Totodile
2 Croconaw
3 Feraligatr 'prime'
4 Squirtle
3 Wartortle
2 Blastoise UL
2 Blastoise PL
2 Uxie
1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf

3 Broken Time-Space
4 Interviewer's Questions
3 Rare Candy
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication

3 Rescue energy
3 Warp energy
14 Water energy

This could be used in tournament play, but i wouldn't recommend it. The strategy here is that you use the Platinum Blastoise to hit the bench and use Dig Well to find water energy, then switch to the Unleashed Blastoise to hit anything that can be knocked out at this point. Uxie and Uxie Lv.X are used as the draw engine of the deck. Unown Q is used to help get Uxie Lv.X to the bench after leveling up. Azelf is to rearrange your prizes and possibly get Uxie Lv.X. Feraligatr is used to play down water energy to your different Blastoise's. Broken Time-Space is used to improve speed. Interviewer's Question's is used to help get energy into your hand; between Dig Well and Interviewer's, you should never have to worry about energy. Rare Candy is also used to improve speed. Palmer's Contribution is used late game to recover water energy, etc. Pokemon Collector is used to help fill your bench. Pokemon communication is used to help get evolutions after using a Pokemon Collector to find something you dont need at the moment. Rescue energy is attached to your attackers to recover them upon knockout. Warp Energy is used to help bench Uxie Lv.X or switch anything that needs it. watr energy is the energy used to attack with.

Thanks for reading.

How about:
2-1-2 Feraligatr Prime
2-1-2 Kingdra Prime
2-2 Lanturn Prime
2 Cleffa
2 Shuckle (promo) w/ fermenting liquid
2 Kyurem
20 Pokemon

4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Life Herb
3 Pokemon Catcher
Items 11

3 Prof. Elm's Training Method
2 Interviewers Questions
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Twins
1 Fisherman
1 Engineer's adjustments
Supporters 11

14 Water Energy
4 Electric Energy

Mostly Shuckle is just used for draw, Cleffa for stall, Feraligatr to add water E to shuckle for draw, Kingdra for sniping, then Lanturn/Kyurem for attacks. This is close to my actual deck, and it is also my first pokemon deck.

Back