Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

IGN Gives Skyward Sword 10/10 - Best Zelda Game Ever

Oh, you WILL, buy it.
Link and Zelda will make sure of it.
If not, you'll be sent to Ganon himself and become a slave till you die. XD
Nothing beat OoT in the world of N64 or even during its time, but NOTHING will beat SS on the Wii. NOTHING!!
You buy, you buy now!!

For those of you who are doubters, I know someone who personally reviewed it, who was just as doubtful that it would be better than OoT. After he played it, (he has played all the other Zelda games), not only did he say it's far better than OoT, he said it's easily the best Zelda ever.

It has also been confirmed that the Boss fights are the hardest (and best) in any 3D zelda to date, and that the game is far more difficult than OoT or TP.

Some really beautiful themes in this game. Some of the best I've heard in any Zelda game to date.

(video is spoiler free, just shows the SS logo... unless you consider listening to music a spolier)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ezK4fIS7F0&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited:
Will we need that weird gun controller extenstion to play this, or can we make do with the wiimote and nunchuck?

Gun controller? If by that you mean motion plus (not sure how on earth you would call that a gun controller extension....), then the answer is yes, you need it. It's well worth it. IIRC, the special edition of the game comes with a controller and motion plus for $20 more. Not to mention... it's a pretty sick controller.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/116/116779.html

He's probably talking about the Zapper, which isn't needed. It was recommended for games like the crossbow training game, but it was never actually needed

Absol, are you referring to Wii Motion Plus?
If so, YES, at least that's what I thought until I saw the commercial.

Absol, are you referring to Wii Motion Plus?
If so, YES, at least that's what I thought until I saw the commercial.

Do none of you read? Absol is talking about the zapper that came with the Link's crossbow game.
You have all been trolled by Absol - and you all played into it.
:wink:

Did you see that my post was posted after all was already said. W/due respect. :)
But, trolled? XD
Call it a "first-response" response to what he said as it didn't really register for a minute.
But, Wii Zapper? In the newest game? Don't see it or even believe it. :)
Also, trolling is as hard to detect (for some) than using sarcasm in text form. lol
/finished rant

Do none of you read? Absol is talking about the zapper that came with the Link's crossbow game.
You have all been trolled by Absol - and you all played into it.
:wink:

In my defense, I made my post first thing in the morning (and was a bit groggy), and didn't see his other post on the 2nd page. I didn't realize there were 2 pages. :p

I know several people who've already completed the game, and they say the game is good, but not nearly to the extent that the reviews are trying to make out. The control scheme for 1 is extremely awkward, and up to the end of the first dungeon the game isn't that great, but it does get better once you get full access to the overworld. All I'll say is to ones who are hyping the game to the hills. Prepare for you expectations not to be met.

Last edited:
Uh...unless those "people" are from some other universe, the game isn't even out yet.
And...early parts of a game are always made to get the person used to the game.

Uh...unless those "people" are from some other universe, the game isn't even out yet.
And...early parts of a game are always made to get the person used to the game.

Some people get early copies for reviewing purposes and a few other reasons.

Also agreed, early game tends to be boring, I always found OoT to be weak until Dodongo's Cavern for instance.

And Gamespot provides the lone outlier giving it a 7.5/10 among heaps of rave reviews and massive hype. Are they crazy or just blessed with foresight?

Their review is generally considered bad among other reviewers due to bad inconsistency. They praise MW3 for keeping the same formula, yet bash Zelda for having similar game play to previous games in the series? Not to mention, the reviewer seemed not to have a clue to how the control system actually worked.

When all the other reviews give something 10s and 9s, and one random guy gives it a 7.5, the little red troll flags should come up.

This article right here sums up pretty well why everything coming from gamestop should be considered total trash:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/11/gamespot-amends-their-7510-skyward-sword-review.html

Last edited:
Back