Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cobalion/Electrode Prime/Kyurem

I nuke 2-3 times a game. I'll be a bad person stopping electrode from doing what it wants to do. Sometimes its needed. Also, everyone is going about this all wrong. The goal is spread, not use Cobalion because by the time you're forced to use Kyurem, you will lose because your opponent is too far ahead in setup.

My Kyurem list has no problem with any evolution deck because it focuses on just pure spread. Cobalion is a nice card, but its just not needed.

How do you win if you give your opponent three prizes but you yourself still have to take 6?
Posted with Mobile style...

How do you win if you give your opponent three prizes but you yourself still have to take 6?

You play smart and nuke when you need to. Some times its needed and you have to do it twice in 1 turn just to get energy, then you play twins for your 2 catchers. In a few games I would nuke the third time just to get my last 2 prizes with RDL.

You play smart and nuke when you need to. Some times its needed and you have to do it twice in 1 turn just to get energy, then you play twins for your 2 catchers. In a few games I would nuke the third time just to get my last 2 prizes with RDL.

What decks have you beaten using this strategy? I'm not quite sure I believe that this strategy would work, I have tested it and found opposite results than yours.

I made a deck video review if you guys want to check it out channel in sig. Just my deck feel free to comment

On the deck i wonder about mirrior its pretty much who blows up first is what it looks like to me

What decks have you beaten using this strategy? I'm not quite sure I believe that this strategy would work, I have tested it and found opposite results than yours.

I can beat every deck out there other then reshiphlosion because they kill your attackers in one hit. SEL helps a lot though.

I can beat every deck out there other then reshiphlosion because they kill your attackers in one hit. SEL helps a lot though.

SEL Sounds great in theory (As does DCL for that matter), but dont you worry about losing one of your pieces to Electrodes' BOOM?

To elaborate on DCL... I think it could definately have a place in this deck in combination with Jirachi and Shaymin. It can score easy knockouts after Kyurem has laid a round or two of spread on the field. Whats best is that it does it for one energy so it isnt catcher bait while it charging up to attack.

Also this deck needs to have some sort of Fire Pokemon to stop Durant and Cobalion. Ive been thinking Victini with the 100 attack. Its great cuz its attack is a pretty cheap attack and is a basic. However between Electrode Booming, having to have a full bench and having a 2 energy attack it can be hard to manage sometimes as if you dont play it right the opponent can just catcher it up before its ready and is knock out with the said Cobalion.

Well, I was talking about SEL in my Nuketown deck but not in Kyurem. All I'm saying about Kyurem is it does not need Cobalion because it strays from what the deck is suppose to do and that is to spread. now, I do run Victini in my Kyurem just for Cobalion because I know it will be used, plus it covers weakness and still OHKO's Cobalion with 4 special metal and Eviolite.

I run 2-2 of both ESL and RDL in Nuketown as well as 2 Super Rod.

Honestly the only way I've beaten Mega judge is by Catchering a Zone into play ASAP and keeping it on attack lock while building, and it really only worked once. Its really just not a good matchup. I'm currently experimenting with techs, but most just aren't cut out for the deck (Terrakion? Good luck getting that out every time you need it) I think honestly the only thing you really have going for you is N.

Honestly your best bet is to just hope the ZPST's beat it so you can deal with them instead since Zekrom loses horribly to the late game N's that it will be getting hit with.

I agree with Austin though, the deck is unbelievably solid and one bad matchup won't change the wickedness that is this deck. It only gets better next format too when Mewtwo threatens to be bdif.

I played this at Cities this week in Cali and piloted it to 4-2 missing the top 8 cut.

I personally didnt use Cobalion in my build as I didnt think it was needed in this meta with no Mewtwo.
Instead I used techs like Victini (100 attck) and Crygonal (for Trainer lock).
Victini performed very well in the mirror that I played. However I still lost due to not having another basic to have on the Bench which would have won me the game.

Not to say that this deck is luck based but anything with Electrode Prime definately has a pretty decent amout of luck in it. Through the tourney I was only able to get Electrode off 7 Times.... 4 of those times I struck out and got 0 energy (2 of those times I play Research Records), 2 times I only got 1 energy and only one time did I get more then one energy. Granted I was running only 15 energy total in the deck (something I will be increasing), but thats ridiculous especially for those times I used Records. Also using electrode dumps some really good things sometimes which can be painful....

Im think Double Colorless energry is going to be staple in here as not only does it power up some attacks but its essentially a switch that isnt affected by trainer lock in here. Quite a few games I would get catchered up to an energyless pokemon and not be able to do anything....

my 2 cents...

after cities i completely agree that cobalion (as of right now) is not needed at all in most metas. I used him once in 10 matches...literally. I'm thinking of throwing in zoroark or yanmega. I went 3-2 day one and 2-3 day two. My matches were really close and I started off 2-0 on day two then lost 3 times in a row. It's crazy how bad the TyRam matchup is. Without jirachi it would be near autoloss. Definitely hold onto cobalion for when mewtwo comes out but as of right now find a different partner.

Ive tested a speed kuyrem deck for some time now (i have to admit that i havent played it with Cobalion ) but in my testing this deck can beat Magnetoze prime pretty easy. In my list i play 4 Kuyrem, 3-3 trode prime, 1 cleffa and DCL, and i usually get 1-3 kyurem loaded with enery turn 2 ( i play 2-3 research records to make sure most of my draws with Trode is energy tough). But against Magnezone/PrimeTime etc i usually just spread like mad and drop DCL to move dmg over to magnezone(s). I havent played so much lately som my deck isnt teched/buildt to counter the "new" tier 1-2 decks tough, so i wont go to much in depth on that. But in my experience DCL really works wonders in thes deck.

Guys can we please get back on topic on the deck. This decks seems like a really prominet deck that can do really well and has been for me only losing once with terrible draws. Deck can set up fast then starts to dead draw a bit.; Really like the deck just has a few inconstant springs.

Back