Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hydreigon partners?

I use it with Landorus and Electrode. Do an early Landorus attack thing and Hydregion one shots Chandelures. And Landorus deals with Eel decks.

Actually, SP.Dark still is weak as Sp. Metal negates 1 and Eviolite 2.
So, I don't think its "powerful" as you say. But, against something other than Cobalion or Kyurem...maybe SP.Darks are powerful.

Every deck uses Sp.Metal now? And why is it bad against kyurem?

Every deck uses Sp.Metal now? And why is it bad against kyurem?
Over HERE some of us use Cobalion with Sp.Metal.
And Kyurem can easily hurt/damage at least any benched Deino or other stages.

@Crinus, Electrode prime can be risky on sever accounts (maybe), but one account I think of the most is that you end up getting your opponent a prize; if you've already given another prize to your opponent early game, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

I'm not saying that decks don't use it, I agree that Cobalion is a very good contender, I play the deck myself and have only lost a single round to TZPS due to a lone cleffa start. But apart from Durant, those are the only decks that play it, and every deck has to take into account that. Kyurem could be seen as a bad matchup for most decks in that respect.

I see the issues though, but there's no reason not to run Sp.Dark for the majority of decks, it allows more damage manipulation.

@Crinus, Electrode prime can be risky on sever accounts (maybe), but one account I think of the most is that you end up getting your opponent a prize; if you've already given another prize to your opponent early game, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Yeah but making those type of sacrifices is quite common in the game, it even goes on at the worlds tournaments.

its a strategy which allows twins to get used and give you more power toward the finish of a game.

Risk factor i was talking about though for Hydreigon is the fact you need to evolve to get both in order to work with both, and with Hydreigon you going to need a rare candy, as someone who ran a similar idea with gatr/blastoise, its hard to make it work because of the speed issues of the deck and the fact you need to so often supply 2-3 prizes to the opponent to get setup, once you get setup with Hydreigon, you best have a backup plan, if not, its over quick.

This is where Cobalion as many have said before comes in handy to work with Hydreigon.

I played Eel/Hydra/Thunderus like 2 weeks ago and got 3rd at a City

I feel Eviolite is too rough, and the space and set up time is not worth it

Though if Chandelure is a lot of your meta, it's an auto win

^ You don't ever worry about Lampent dragging out high retreat bench'd pokemon? I agree it's a good matchup, but not an autowin.

I do believe the general idea for Hydreigon was to be a WALL, and therefore not take any early hits which might lead to a loss.

I'm working on Hydreigon/Tyranitar Prime myself. Still needs more testing before i can make any judgment calls.

I went 4-2 with T-Tar/Hydreigon. Losses were first-turn donk and a Chandelure that had a T2 Vilelume, which killed everything in my deck.

Overall though, I felt every time I got Hydreigon I wished it was a T-Tar instead. Based on that, I took out Hydreigon and put in Serperior instead. Now my deck is awesome and T1 (No Donphan in my meta)

In other words, if you want T-Tar/Hydreigon, you're better off with just Hydreigon or just T-Tar. Hydreigon/Eels seems to be the best play, but everything in that deck is 2+ Retreat, which is really painful competitively (Luring Lighting up an empty Deino cost me the Chandy match, as he just did 60 to all my bench Pokés while I struggled to find more energy)

I went 4-2 with T-Tar/Hydreigon. Losses were first-turn donk and a Chandelure that had a T2 Vilelume, which killed everything in my deck.

Overall though, I felt every time I got Hydreigon I wished it was a T-Tar instead. Based on that, I took out Hydreigon and put in Serperior instead. Now my deck is awesome and T1 (No Donphan in my meta)

In other words, if you want T-Tar/Hydreigon, you're better off with just Hydreigon or just T-Tar. Hydreigon/Eels seems to be the best play, but everything in that deck is 2+ Retreat, which is really painful competitively (Luring Lighting up an empty Deino cost me the Chandy match, as he just did 60 to all my bench Pokés while I struggled to find more energy)

Hmm. I do see how trainer-lock can be a problem, and especially in that situation.

Though, as far as Hydreigon goes, I do want to play it very much. But, not in its own deck with it as the only attacker. I've never liked playing decks with only one attacker as i feel it limits me and also isn't as much fun for me. You would never attack with Eels or, looking at another popular Hydreigon deck, the Ability Emboar in most situations. They just sit there and look pretty and if something happens to them you're pretty much screwed.

But, that's just my current opinion. I need to get out there and try some things for myself first.

Mandibuzz from base ser black and white . Takes one dark ebergy and does 50 damge to one benced pokemon that has dangage already on it.
Posted with Mobile style...

With how much Eel I'm seeing, it seems like Jirachi is really the only viable partner. Maybe something like.......Hydregion/Jirachi/Electrode.

Tynamo is 30 hp. Solosis is 30 hp. Oddish's each have 40. Jirachi just seems way too good to pass up on in Hydregion with the 40 hits to the bench being the only real thing that distinguish it from being a poor man's Tyranitsr.

I mean, is it really worth sacrificing Versatility, speed, and 10 hp for Slightly greater damage output and a kinda cool ability? I'm not really sold on it.

Here's the thing.
Hydra has 150 HP.
Hydra has the ability to tap into Typho, Emboar, and even Eelektrik.
It has also has the ability to snipe the bench 2 times over.
The ONLY problem is setup. You could, in theory, have 2 Deino and 2 Tynamo sitting on bench and have your pick of a wall. All the while keepin your bench from getting captured or even sniped.
Now MY choice is Druddigon which (w/Rocky helmet) makes easier the damage output to the bench if the opponent decides to switch. Otherwise, 2 Druddigon (Active and Bench), may/could help you set up faster/easier.

/rant

That was what I was thinking about as well.
Faster and less cost-effective for supplying energy.
How would you play it out? 4 Skarm?

4 Skarm, your plan is to start with it as often as possible. Or for those picky players at least 3.

Using skarm also allows a variety of other attackers as well, such as cobalion for example.

Back