Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Play! Point display

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do check my events and leagues. I should be opt in since I had points earlyier this year.

Last edited:
okay, so I've gotten to the spot that your are talking about, but I can't find were you change your preferences, so how do I get there to change it?

On that edit page.

If your account is like mine then there are 6 pale blue blocks

• Contact & Account information
  • Address
  • Genreal Preferences
  • Pokemon Global Link Preferences
  • Pokemon Social Preferences
  • Play! Pokemon preferences
You want the last one which is just above the Cancel and Save buttons.

Yes, that's what mine looks like, except for some reason mine ends at social Preferences.
Posted with Mobile style...

tldr version: One of the requirements for being eligible for Play! Points and Championship Points is that you have to have logged into your account on Pokemon.com at least once in the past two years. Anybody who has not logged into Pokemon.com in the past two years was recently opted out of the Play! Pokémon Programs. This can be fixed by logging in, verifying your email address, accepting the terms of use and opting back in.

The problems some of you are describing are caused by the player never having accepted the terms of use for Pokemon.com and verifying their email address. The old go-pokemon website had significantly different terms of use. When the new Pokemon.com website launched in Jan of 2010 we attempted to smooth the transition by porting the Opt into Ratings and Rankings and Opt into Player Rewards over for everyone. Our assumption was that over time everyone would log into the new website, which would force them to agree to the new terms of use and verify their address in order to continue. We sent an email to everyone with a go-pokemon.com account to warn them that they needed to do this. Our assumption has proved to be overly optimistic as there are thousands of players who opted in before Jan of 2010 but have not logged into their accounts since then.

The introduction of the new points systems required a new opt in and we decided to simplify things by rolling everything into Opt into Play Pokémon Programs. Everyone who was opted into Ratings and Rankings became opted into Play Pokémon Programs. This went smoothly and the only difference for players is that you can no longer opt in or out of our programs individually. Since this almost never happened anyway, we lost nothing and gained some simplicity.

Pokemon.com ties the acceptance of the terms of use to several things including whether a user has the Organized Play role (they are participating in Organized Play and have a Player ID number and have accepted the website terms of use) or are just logged in to save their mini-game scores. Allowing those players who opted into Ratings and Rankings on go-pokemon.com, but do not have the Organized Play role on Pokemon.com, to remain opted into Play! Pokémon Programs was causing logic conflicts on the website. This was leading to all kinds of problems with awarding and displaying Play! Points and Championship Points.

We recently solved this problem by opting all those people out of Play! Pokemon Programs. We don’t feel the least bit bad about this as we gave them over two years to accept the website terms of use, and they didn’t do it.

The solution to these types of problems is to log into Pokemon.com. If all you are missing is the terms of use agreement, the first screen that pops up will be a request to agree. If you are also missing email verification the first screen you will see is Account Awaiting Activation where you need to click the “Resend the activation email” button. This will send an email to the address in your account that contains a link. You have to click the link to prove you have access to that email address and are not a spambot. After you have completed both these tasks you will need to log in, view your profile go to the Edit Profile tab, scroll to the bottom and opt into Play! Pokémon Programs.

Aside to Pablo; From what I can tell, both the players you mention are in this situation.

Last edited:
Have you linked your MP account to your P!P ID? If not, then that section probably doesn't exist yet.

I was wondering if you have to be opted into Play Points online to actually recieve them. (My little brothers account is wierd and im trying to make sure he can go to nats with me.

I was wondering if you have to be opted into Play Points online to actually recieve them. (My little brothers account is wierd and im trying to make sure he can go to nats with me.

[DEL]From what I remember you receive Player Points regardless, and you have to opt for player rewards.[/DEL]

This is not the correct information you are looking for...that's two posts down...or in post 48.

Last edited:
From what I remember you receive Player Points regardless, and you have to opt for player rewards.

No, please see post 48. One Opt In to rule them all.

In order to earn Play! Points you must have an active Pokémon Trainer Club account with a Player ID number attached to it and you must have opted into the Play! Pokémon Programs. We are keeping track of your particiaption based on your Player ID number. If you opt in today, you will retroactively earn all the Play! Points from events that have taken place since September 1st 2011.

You can tell if you are earning Play! Points by logging into Pokemon.com, viewing your profile, clicking the My Play! Pokemon tab and veiwing your My Stats box.

No, please see post 48. One Opt In to rule them all.

In order to earn Play! Points you must have an active Pokémon Trainer Club account with a Player ID number attached to it and you must have opted into the Play! Pokémon Programs. We are keeping track of your particiaption based on your Player ID number. If you opt in today, you will retroactively earn all the Play! Points from events that have taken place since September 1st 2011.

You can tell if you are earning Play! Points by logging into Pokemon.com, viewing your profile, clicking the My Play! Pokemon tab and veiwing your My Stats box.

Proven wrong. :tongue: Just faulty memory of something I didn't pay too terribly much attention to. Guess that'll teach me to try researching a tad more.

Non Prof judges will earn credits that will count towards their Nationals eligibility the exact same way and quantities that players earn Play! Points. We will notify them via email and post a list of these eligible judges on our site in advance.

Professors will need to earn a certain number of Professor credits within a specific time period. (Think Professor Cup requirements) Details to be announced soon.
Does this mean that the points go into different "buckets" and are considered separately? Could someone who plays and judges miss the requirement because the points were split between the two activities?

Would a Professor who has 10+ Pts through playing be able to play at Nats or would they go by the Professor credit requirement instead?

In order to view Play! Points and CPs I have to log into my account? What do I do if I forgot my account name?

If you can remember the email address you set it up with, when you get to the log in screen click forgot username.
it'll ask for the email address, then send you an email with your username in.
if you can't remember the email I have no idea.
Hope I helped.
Posted with Mobile style...

In order to view Play! Points and CPs I have to log into my account? What do I do if I forgot my account name?
If none of the recovery options work, then contact your local OP coordinator who should be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back