3 Rare Candy
2 Pluspower
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Switch
1 Super Rod

4 Double Colorless Energy
10 Fire Energy

Pokemon - 18, Supporters - 14, Trainers - 14, Energies - 14, Total - 60

Strategy: Reshiram (BW) is your main attacker using his 2nd attack, Blue Flare for 120 damage. Build multiple Typhlosions on your bench to use Poke-Power: Afterburner. Take advantage of the energy acceleration to constantly hit opponents for 120 each turn, while using Pokemon Catcher to achieve key knockouts on your opponent's own energy accelerators (Eelektrik for instance). After well over 100 games testing with this deck I find Reshiram EX worthwhile for only two major purposes: achieving OHKO's on Kyurem and Chandelure; both of whom are mostly played in decks that lack any sort of energy acceleration (The exception being Feraligatr/Kyurem decks). In most cases, an early OHKO of a full charged Kyurem or Chandelure with your EX swings the game in your favor as your opponent struggles to attach energies quickly, ensuring you another prize or possibly two.

How the deck wins: Constant damage overwhelms most opponents - but most other energy acceleration decks have the same characteristic. In matchups against other acceleration decks, TyRam holds its own by being able to trade prizes favorably against EX Pokemon. Reshiram is perhaps the most ideal non-EX Pokemon to take down Mewtwo EX. TyRam struggles mostly with Trainer-lock, but that doesn't mean that you can't win those games. A turn 2 Typhlosion is often times overpowering enough to swing the game drastically in your favor as your Trainer-locking opponent can't keep up with your acceleration. Beware though; f you don't get a quick Typhlosion, you're in for a long game. I'm a little over 50/50 against Chandyplume with this decklist, and a little under 50/50 against Truth.

How the deck loses: This deck absolutely relies on Typhlosion's Poke-Power in order to attack every turn, so the biggest reason that this deck loses games is because it couldn't get set up quickly. Opponents are often to blame for this by using constant N's or Judge's (Judge is the worst), or simply setting up a single Vileplume early in the game. However, with the early game (Turns 1-5) being the most important turns for this deck; it also makes TyRam one of the decks most reliant on its opening hand.

A few bad matchups for my TyRam list: Vanilluxe/Vileplume at 35/65. The Truth at 40/60. Durant at 45/55.
A few good matchups for my TyRam list: Six Corners 65/35. Zekrom/Eelektrik 65/35. CoKE 60/40.
Even matchups: Thunderdome 50/50.

I am currently playtesting another version of this deck, one that does not include Ninetails, and I'll update anyone who is wanting to know how it turns out.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
-2 Pluspower
+2 Rocky Helmet

Your match ups are off as well. Your last round of 6C went 0-4, which put you at 45/55 against it.

Cheers.

I think for your reshirams it should be 2 Reshiram EX (ND), 2 Reshiram (BW)

Bumping my Reshiram EX count up to 2 would only succeed at making me start more often with him (which is not ideal by any means), but also be playing away from the strengths of the deck. This deck excels at taking out opponent's EXs without having to use your own EX in the process making for a lot of 2-for-1 prize trades in your favor. He's really only a main weapon against Kyurem and Chandelure.

How does this deck run with only 1 Communication?

This particular version ran well using 10 draw supporters + Roast Reveal. But I must admit that since I've tried taking my 2-2 Ninetails line out, I've bumped Communications up to 3. I have consistently gotten Typhlosion built on Turn 2 ever since the change, but it comes as a tradeoff for 1) More mulligans and 2) Getting donked more often with fewer basics (CMT tends to do that). I guess it's more of a pick-your-poison situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back