Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 or 3 Mewtwo in CMT?

iggs17

Is it better to run 2 or 3 Mewtwos in CMT? This is assuming that you are running 4 Tornadus

What are the benefits of running either count?

Hmm this is a good question. I would say it depends on play style.
I myself run 2 Mewtwo just for less odds of starting with mewtwo. Then to make up for the lack of the 3rd mewtwo i run revive.
It all comes down to personal preference

Hmm this is a good question. I would say it depends on play style.
I myself run 2 Mewtwo just for less odds of starting with mewtwo. Then to make up for the lack of the 3rd mewtwo i run revive.
It all comes down to personal preference

If it counts for anything, I agree to this too. Only makes the most logical sense.

I ran 3 at states, last second decision, and it cost me almost every game I lost... I would run 2 with some form of recovery, super rod or revive!
Posted with Mobile style...

im thinking about running a grass type attacker to deal with mono terrakion and because it just fits so well in this deck

im deciding between shaymin ex and virizion NV... any thoughts on which i should use?

im thinking about running a grass type attacker to deal with mono terrakion and because it just fits so well in this deck

im deciding between shaymin ex and virizion NV... any thoughts on which i should use?

Virizion for two reasons. Shaymin EX is pretty much useless at the beginning of the game, but Virizion can give you draw early. Shaymin EX gives up two prizes Virizion only gives up one.

I will say this for Shaymin EX, though, it is resistant to Terrakion, so it might be able to survive three turns if you're running Eviolite.

Virizion for two reasons. Shaymin EX is pretty much useless at the beginning of the game, but Virizion can give you draw early. Shaymin EX gives up two prizes Virizion only gives up one.

I will say this for Shaymin EX, though, it is resistant to Terrakion, so it might be able to survive three turns if you're running Eviolite.

Definatly virizion, i run virizion in my CMT deck and it devistates Mono terrakion. Also, as espeon said above it only gives one prize and draw early game if your stuck.

I don't really see any benefit in running 3. 3 would only be good in the mirror if you want to come out on top in the Mewtwo war and you want to avoid prize issues, but 3 also increases your chances of starting with it just as much as prizing it. I would only consider 3 if you're running Celebi + Mewtwo without Tornadus. If you're still concerned about Mewtwo wars, play a revive.

I like 3.

I'm not THAT concerned about starting with it, seeing as it can donk Tynamos and you should be running 3-4 Switch anyway.

Winning the Mewtwo war really is that important. I've noticed that even Zek/Eels w/ 3 Mewtwo are starting to show up now.

I like much more playing 3 Mewtwo and focus more on them rather then playing 4 Tornadus. Like baby mario said, I'm not that concerned about starting with Mewtwo, because i run many switch and with DCE I can just start putting pressure early on. I've won games because i took 1/2 prizes with Mewtwo, then they kill my mewtwo, I revenge, they revenge, and they think the game is pretty much over, and this is when the hird mewtwo does his job, revenging my last mewtwo, either winning the game or just put my opponent in a spot where they can't do anything and I end up winning. I think I might also play 3 Mewtwo in eels for the same reason.

I'm have the exact same problem; at cities I ran 2 Mewtwo and 2 tornadus - this got me 5th, losing possibly down to unlucky flips. But for a tournament this Saturday I simply can't work out what quantities I should run of Mewtwo and tornadus, and whether to add an additional virizion nv to the list???
Posted with Mobile style...

I've got one of those questions that make me look like a total idiot again...

Does anyone use Max Potion in the deck? I ask because, provided one could make room for it, it looks good on paper... unless even Mewtwo EX is being slammed by OHKOs and only OHKOs. I mostly ask because if I got stuck with an opening Mewtwo EX, it seems like such an easy answer. If I get hammered by something but not OHKOed... Double Colorless Energy after the Max Potion looks like an easy solution (if they are hammering me, they probably have ample Energy).

Most of the time it's just a straight Mewtwo War of OHKOs.

Only deck I have seen playing Max Potion is Donphan/Mewtwo, and that's really for the Donphan.

That's why I asked: I had a skewed view but it is the times when Mewtwo EX isn't being OHKOed that are the outliers. Yeah, bad idea then. >.>

Heh . . . basically the format works like this . . .

Player A KO's something with Mewtwo

Player B drops Mewtwo + DCE and KO's Mewtwo

And so on until someone takes 6 Prizes, runs out of Mewtwos, or gets N'd out of a response.

For what it's worth:

I ran 4 celebi/4 mewtwo weeks 2 and 3 taking 2nd then 1st place at states two weeks in a row.

4 Celebi
2 Mewtwo
2 Tornadus
1 Shaymin EX
1 Gigas EX
1 Tyrogue
1 Shaymin

That's my favorite set of Pokemon lines.

Back