Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mew prime help

acbodoh

Ok I'm really not sure where to post this, I'm kinda new to the site so sorry in advance.

On to what I'd like some help with, Mew prime is getting kinda popular where I play. Not in any kind of tourny play or anything like that, just local play with people who like to play. To my knowledge, everyone plays with the sets that are in the current format...what I really need to get help on is a way to fight the mew prime. I played a deck a couple days ago and honestly, I was completely destroyed. He ran 4 mew primes of course, and by turn 2 he had already used see off on turn 1 so he could use machamps attack that instantly KO's my active as long as its basic. I know psychic pokemon is probably the best way to go seeing how mew is weak to its own type. If Anyone could help me that would be great. I Apologize if this is a really stupid question. I'm not asking for an entire deck btw, just some cards you think that would help, any help is appreciated, thanks!
Posted with Mobile style...

---------- Post added 04/08/2012 at 04:47 AM ----------

Oh and I was referring to pokemon in general, not trainers or anything like that.

Mewtwo-EX with DCE is the easiest counter. Otherwise, either of the dragons from the Next Destinies decks (Zekrom or Reshiram) after a turn or two with energy attachmet, or just with DCE does the job. If they damage with the Machamp, you'll have an 80 damage Outrage that KOs, even if Mew has an Eviolite attached.

Also, if you use straight up Zekrom, and the Mew tries to use your Bolt Strike (by pulling a Zourark and using "Foul Play"), it KOs itself with the 40 damage recoil + it's self-weakness. The starter decks each come with two of the dragons that the deck is built around, and you can get their EX forms out of the new tins as well for an instant deck!

Hope that helps a bit.

First off, that Machamp that KO's any Pokemon that is Basic is NOT in the current format (StormFront).

With Mew Prime dumping Pokemon into the Lost Zone, why not try a Lost World deck? Run Mime Jr. and Gengar Prime to get 6 Pokemon into their Lost Zone, then play down Lost World and win the game. :thumb:

First off, that Machamp that KO's any Pokemon that is Basic is NOT in the current format (StormFront).

With Mew Prime dumping Pokemon into the Lost Zone, why not try a Lost World deck? Run Mime Jr. and Gengar Prime to get 6 Pokemon into their Lost Zone, then play down Lost World and win the game. :thumb:

^^ I was looking to the non-rotated Machamp from HS: Triumphant. But, yes, the other one has been rotated otherwise. If they're playing with the rotated one, i'd say DragonClyne725 has a good/fun idea as well!

Or gyarados.

Still needs Mewtwos, though.

@vivrelastche
Yes mewtwo was initially my first thought. But I don't know that I'd like to use too many of him seeing how he can also instant KO it with 1 energy and then take 2 prizes for it. The deck I was playing against was running the 4 mew primes, the machamp from hs, (yes, unfortunately for me haha) and I think he was only running a couple of them, and according to him, one more Pokemon (unknown to me, did not use it and I did not look at his deck).

@dragonclyne725
I also like the idea of using a lost gar deck combined with mewtwo. Its worth a shot, but if it comes to decks that involve the machamp, dunno how effective it would be considering their plan would've lay out all primes and see off the machamp and/whatever else they have (this is an assumption but Im worried they will be running low counts of their Pokemon due to only needing to see off 1 of each, and then use pokemon collector to grab any remaining mew)

Thanks for all the ideas so far. Going to start making decks today based around what you guys have said. Again thanks so much for the help.

Oh I have another question to ask, if my active is cleffa (sweet sleepIng face) and I use eek, stay asleep in between turns, and then my opponent uses machamps attack to kill any basic, is cleffa KO'd even if its asleep?

@vivrelastche
Yes mewtwo was initially my first thought. But I don't know that I'd like to use too many of him seeing how he can also instant KO it with 1 energy and then take 2 prizes for it. The deck I was playing against was running the 4 mew primes, the machamp from hs, (yes, unfortunately for me haha) and I think he was only running a couple of them, and according to him, one more Pokemon (unknown to me, did not use it and I did not look at his deck).

@dragonclyne725
I also like the idea of using a lost gar deck combined with mewtwo. Its worth a shot, but if it comes to decks that involve the machamp, dunno how effective it would be considering their plan would've lay out all primes and see off the machamp and/whatever else they have (this is an assumption but Im worried they will be running low counts of their Pokemon due to only needing to see off 1 of each, and then use pokemon collector to grab any remaining mew)

Thanks for all the ideas so far. Going to start making decks today based around what you guys have said. Again thanks so much for the help.

Oh I have another question to ask, if my active is cleffa (sweet sleepIng face) and I use eek, stay asleep in between turns, and then my opponent uses machamps attack to kill any basic, is cleffa KO'd even if its asleep?

Its Machamp SF not HS that has the "Take Out" attack.
Take Out is an effect, not damage, when attacking a basic, so Cleffa's Sweet Sleeping Face will not save it from being KO'd.

You could also run your own Mew Primes and get the first KO that way. He/she would be afraid to See Off anything, because that would mean your Mew would get the first attack and first prize.

What deck have you been playing with?

Or if you can't afford Donphan, Yanmega Prime works wonders. It even resists fighting in case they set up a machamp manually

Wow...I think there must have been a lot of confusion about the card (machamp). Either that or just trying sneak past me on that. Anyways that clears it all up, I know that once I get that all cleared up with the people I play with things will change. We all generally try to play in current format and some how I guess this card slipped without notice.

@honchvire
Thanks for shedding the light on that card, either way i'll probably just use some rotated cards in a deck just to play against this because I definitely want a rematch so I can redeem myself.

@cabd
Yea I have donphan and yanmega, in fact, ill likely use those just because it sounds fun and it seems pretty fast.

Lol'd pretty hard when you said said hit him for 60 damage with one energy and laugh. Thanks, needed that :lol:

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE IDEAS AND HELP EVERYONE!!! I'm glad that the pokegym community is really friendly, and responses came in crazy fast (did not expect that).
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Heck, if you have both, play both. Really show him by only playing hgss on and STILL kicking butt.

This ought to really mess him up (Just a starting point, change this to suit your taste)

POKEMON: 21
Stage 1: 8
3 : Yanmega (Prime), TM-98
2 : Noctowl, GS-8
3 : Donphan (Prime), GS-107
Basic: 13
1 : Kyurem EX, NEX-38
2 : Hoothoot, GS-66
4 : Yanma, TM-84
1 : Cleffa, GS-17
3 : Phanpy, GS-77
1 : Zekrom, BW-47