Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SoCal Battle Roads

Son_of_Apollo

Let me just say this now. I hate player caps. And I've been turned away from a tournament I drove two hours to. But we've gotten to a point where flighting just isn't worth it anymore. Battle Roads shouldn't be going till midnight. All I'm saying is, keep starting online pre reg for all the events, but keep the player cap in mind. It's not good, but it's far better than the alternative.

Now that i'm done ranting, are there any updates on when/where we'll be having BR's in socal?

From PTEGames:

??? — Las Vegas (???)
??? — Henderson (???)
??? — Bakersfield (Paladins)
??? — Bakersfield (Russos)
??? — Lancaster
??? — Cameron Park
??? — Modesto
??? — Carmichael
??? — Hollister
??? — Elk Grove
??? — Roseville
??? — Concord
??? — San Diego
??? — Pasadena
??? — Montclair
??? — ???
Posted with Mobile style...

Interesting that there's no Temecula. Lik said he would be running another BR in Temecula for spring. Or maybe it's just not posted yet?

I believe that PTE is not running all the tournaments, so there may very well be one in Temecula. Or maybe that's the ??? at the bottom. =)
Posted with Mobile style...

I am just waiting to get my schedule for Lancaster and Bakersfield. Then will decide if I need to set up pre-registration.

You talking about the Morgan Hill event this year?

Morgan Hill Cities saw people turned away from the event because of the lack of space. Traditionally that venue had low attendance so the big turnout for cities was perhaps shocking to the organizer. However the organizer did post in his website that slots were limited and he warned that if players wanted a spot they should preregister. Most of the Masters players who got tuned away didnt preregister.

I'm told he's getting another BR. Pretty shocked about that one.

Should we be shocked or should we be thankful that he is hosting battle roads and cities in his small store? Besides Game Kastle (Santa clara) it is the only other venue outside of the PTE network that hosts battle roads and cities in the NorCal area. Probably we should try to accept the space limitations of the morgan hill venue and because of that only limited slots are available.

Wow. He might know somebody. That's kinda crazy. Next thing we know, he'll be hosting major events....

He doesnt host prerelease so I think he is limited to battle roads and cities. I guess the lesson that we need to learn from the previous Morgan Hill cities is that if you plan to attend his pokemon battle roads and cities make sure you preregister because he really does have limited slots in his small store.

Now as for whether he was right for turning away people for his cities Im aware that some masters players planned to call TPCi about it so hopefully TPCi and the Morgan Hill organizer may have agreed on a protocol on how to handle player overflow in his next pokemon events.

Last edited:
Back