Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Explorers ex/shiny Pull Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna put this out there... I've... found a correlation between Pack Art and the chances you'll get an EX.

It's just... I don't know if it's isolated or true for every box.

Thing is, me and a friend opened 5 boxes and split all the packs into 4 piles, for each different artwork.

And consistantly, there was 2 EX's pulled from Darkrai packs and 1 EX pulled from Scrafty packs.

To test the theory outside of the boxes that we got altogether, I went to a nearby Card Shop that hosts our league on Friday nights and bought the remaining Darkrai and Scrafty packs.

It wasn't a complete half of a box, being 11 packs. But I managed to pull 2 EX's (Reg and Full Art) from Darkrai packs and 1 EX (Reg) from the Scrafty packs.

Seeing my success with obtaining absolute EX's due to pack artwork, I decided to go to the local Wal-Mart and buy loads of Scrafty and Darkrai sealed single packs and see what I could pull.

The results are astounding.

From Darkrai packs, it's actually mediocre, on average pulling half an EX per ~50$ I spent.

However, Scrafty packs are an ENTIRELY different beast!

For every ~50$ that I spend on those, I usually get 2 - 4 EX's. The other day, I pulled 4 FA's from ALL of my Scrafty packs! And those FA's were: Entei, Kyogre, Darkrai, Darkrai!

But yeah, these are just my findings. Right now, since last Friday... I've pulled 20 EX's, and have spent only ~500$. ... I think.

Yeah, I know I have a problem.

I have 6 box opening videos I am editing and gonna post on youtube but I can tell you right now you are just getting lucky...

The first three boxes all of the Chase cards came from Darkrai Packs and by the third box I was able to put the Darkrai packs off to the side and open the FA ex last or very close to it...

The last three boxes I opened the Chase cards were in every pack but the Darkrai packs... 2 in scrafty, 2 in Excadrill, and 2 in venusaur packs...

Since those Boxes I have opened more and I can confirm that the Chase cards are in random packs !

Opened my second box. Tornadus EX direct front right, Groudon EX FA a few packs behind it (forgot what side but like 4-5 rows)

then I opened from the back and hit Kyogre EX about 2-3 rows down.

My friend had the same EX's and kind of the same placements with one exception being Groudon, but I thought to myself, 99.9% chance on a shiny catcher, since he got one in his.

Sure enough I pulled the catcher out of my last 6 packs of the box. (Trading it in my thread, wink wink)

Yeah, my theory is bunk. Bought all the Scrafty and Darkrai from an opened box at a Card Shop yesterday, aaaaaaaaaaand... got NOTHIN'... Wound up buying the whole box, just to see what I missed, and I immediately regret it...

Disregard my previous post... guess I was super lucky.

I always get a kick out of the "all of the good cards are in packs with ___ on them" stories. They're fun and it seems like it happens with every single set. :p

I pulled a Kyogre ex FA and Kyogre ex from my left half of the box. I was so upset lol. The worst ex and I hit it twice in the same box. Fortunately, the right side I hit a Tornadus ex and a Golden Catcher. Overall, I made my money back on the box. I got 6 of every main trainer/supporter apart from Cheren which I hit 7 of. I barely got any twist mountains or Old Amber Aerodactyl. That was nice :D

I hate to sound like I'm advertising, but I think it would be a good idea if everyone recorded their pack/box layout and shared it in the Print Run post... the idea is that, there's no need to speculate about correlations when we can actually sort this out empirically and objectionably...! That is, I'm sure there are all kinds of patterns and connections between the contents of a pack/box and their pack art, or any other pattern... but there's really only one way to find out!

As for the ratio of the chances of getting what kind of rare... chances are that it'll be just like it was last set:
* http://www.pokemonaaah.net/images/20120215.rareratio.png

Er... I'm afraid I don't remember what the ratio was exactly...

while kyogre EX does suck very very badly, if I were to pull a darkrai EX in a box along with 2 kyogres, I would still be happy (becuase of the darkrai obv.)

My box had 2 Tornadus EX (one full-art and one regular), 1 Entei EX, and Archeops. I got at least 4 of each Trainer except for Dark Claw (3) and N (2). I pulled 2 regular Blissey from the same box, which was a little disappointing as I have pulled a lot of those from the Pre-Releases.

And Nick15, I will upload these to your print run thingamabobber.

I've pulled every EX except Kyogre EX so far. I'm so unlucky. =(

1 Darkrai EX
2 Groudon EX
1 Entei EX
2 Raikou EX
3 Tornadus EX (1 FA)

I've traded for 1 Tornadus EX FA and bought a Darkrai EX for $40. I think it's alright.

I got my Darkrai EX in an Exedrill pack, I don't know how to spell that.

I have 6 box opening videos I am editing and gonna post on youtube but I can tell you right now you are just getting lucky...

The first three boxes all of the Chase cards came from Darkrai Packs and by the third box I was able to put the Darkrai packs off to the side and open the FA ex last or very close to it...

The last three boxes I opened the Chase cards were in every pack but the Darkrai packs... 2 in scrafty, 2 in Excadrill, and 2 in venusaur packs...

Since those Boxes I have opened more and I can confirm that the Chase cards are in random packs !

When you post your box opening videos online, would you mind posting a link to them in the Print Run discussion? Your data will be MOST VALUABLE when I start calculating the pack data and card probabilities, as well as empirically determine the odds of receiving certain cards within certain packs! Thanks! :)

Finally got my box today. Once again I was very disappointed with the results.

Kyogre Ex
Groudon EX
FA Entei EX
Shiny Archeops

Ugh. I should be happy I got three and a shiny but they are just to worst I could get.

In other cards I got all holos excluding Eelektross and a playset of each trainer card excluding Twist Mountain which I only got 1 of.

Also bought 24 single packs. Pulled a Raikou EX and 5 Holo Haxorus (my box also had 2 holo Haxorus and 1 RH)

Update from the box I bought... I was planning on buying a second box with a friend... My first box yielded a tornados ex & kyogre ex, neither fa... my friend bought two packs and pulled Darkrai FA... I came really close to punching him in the face lol.

Update from the box I bought... I was planning on buying a second box with a friend... My first box yielded a tornados ex & kyogre ex, neither fa... my friend bought two packs and pulled Darkrai FA... I came really close to punching him in the face lol.

this is how i feel a lot with my one friend. I bought all 3 EX tins and got crap, he buys one and gets a FA Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back