Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who will win nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, keep in mind that for this to be a reasonable discussion, you have to say why your person will win the 2012 U. S. Nationals; otherwise, this is going to be a big ole popularity contest.

That said I think that Gino will win. His suaveness, in-game skills, and ability to harness any deck he sees are arguably unparalleled.

There's a lot of good players who all have a chance to win this thing, but really there's only one true pokemon master, and the master will be the one to win it. So Gino Lombardi.

Gino L, is there any other choice? His ability to play the board and anticipate moves that even you couldn't see lend to his pokegod status. Gino is like the Bobby Fischer of pokemon.

I think Gino Lombardi's the safest pick, mainly because of past performance and because he puts unparalleled thought into each one of his moves.

I have a feeling there is some inside joke going on here. . .

If we judge PURELY on past results, Pooka will obviously win.

Am I missing something? Who's Gino Lombardi? Seriously, I'm braindead as far as other players outside of the midwest. #fail

Also, as far as local players in my area: Vince Blasko's most likely to win the whole thing. Heck, if this were still on EPO ratings and not championship points, he'd be right on the cusp of a Worlds invite!

Realistically though, I've got my money on Pooka because he's been running good all year. 60-something CP is no laughing matter, and especially when he's won HOW MANY TOURNAMENTS this year?

Last edited:
How can you not know who Gino Lombardi is? He's pretty much the greatest card player of all time.

Gino Lombardi said:
I won Nationals 2008,
3rd place worlds 2008.
Top 8 Nationals 2010.
I got more scholarships from regionals then I got for winning nationals!
I got state championships from every state in new england!
I got more City Championships wins then my hands and feet combined!

COME THE **** AT ME!

Not to mention the strongest of all time. He can probably bench 10 pounds for each scholarship dollar he's ever earned.

Seriously, how could anyone possibly know? We mine as well guess who will get luckiest, who will flip the most heads in top cut, and who will get their cards stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back