Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

It's official: It's Vancouver!

So can the hotels NOT host it in their ballrooms like we have done the past 8 years?

Neither of the Hiltons in Vancouver can hold more than 400 people in their grand ballrooms, not to mention the necessity of a second room equally large for League and Free play. I don't know about the other hotels in the area, but I doubt that the Hilton is involved this year.

Vancouver Convention Centre, in the east building that used to be called Canada Place. If you look on a satellite map it is the building on the pier with the roof that looks like sails. 2nd weekend in August.

From those that live up there, are there any hotels connected directly to the center?

there are hotels nearby (within walking distance) but generally expensive. if you want some cheaper options search for ones in the suburbs and take advantage of the excellent public transportation service as the venue (and airport) is easily reachable that way.

Arctic Beach. Picture of two Vanilluxes using Ice Beam on Pikachu. "Discard cards from your hand until you have one card left. Then, your opponent does the same. Your turn ends." :p

Oww! That one would be devastating to play. I can just imagine the price on one...

Oww! That one would be devastating to play. I can just imagine the price on one...

How about: Mountain Plateau (Stadium) - Once between turns, if either player has 5 Benched Pokémon, he or she chooses 1 of them and returns it and all cards attached to it to his or her hand.

You know, since all Canada is is snow and mountains. :wink:

I so happy i live in alberta!!!
still going to try evan harder the get an invite s0 wish me luck and hope to see u there

ROAD TRIP from San Antonio, Texas! 40 hour drive. We've been driving to most events except for Worlds 2012 of course. Drove to San Diego last year, and drove to Indianapolis. This will be our longest trip yet. Looking forward to it!!!

ROAD TRIP from San Antonio, Texas! 40 hour drive. We've been driving to most events except for Worlds 2012 of course. Drove to San Diego last year, and drove to Indianapolis. This will be our longest trip yet. Looking forward to it!!!

see u there enjoy the 2-4 day car ride

All the same when you live in Europe. I've always wanted to go to Canada though, so it will be nice :)

All the same when you live in Europe. I've always wanted to go to Canada though, so it will be nice :)
Vancouver's actually somewhat convenient for a lot of Europe. There are direct flights for less than $1000 (800 EUR) next August from many major European cities (London, Paris, Manchester, Brussels, Amsterdam, Frankfurt...). Check our Air Transat next spring. I've been stressing to the European video game players that Vancouver is actually not as expensive as it might seem! I flew round trip for about $800 CAD earlier this year in May / June (open jaw Vancouver -> London and Paris -> Vancouver). August is a bit more expensive but still far better than Hawaii and less connections than California!

Also Vancouver is just cooler ;D

Vancouver Convention Centre, in the east building that used to be called Canada Place. If you look on a satellite map it is the building on the pier with the roof that looks like sails. 2nd weekend in August.

So Worlds not being held at a hotel means no open gaming, right?
I heard rumors about the Hilton losing the contracts for Worlds, can you confirm? Looking to book everything as soon as possible!
I'm excited for Vancouver!

So Worlds not being held at a hotel means no open gaming, right?
I heard rumors about the Hilton losing the contracts for Worlds, can you confirm? Looking to book everything as soon as possible!
I'm excited for Vancouver!

It's not a hotel in Indianapolis for US Nationals, and we have Open Gaming. I'd bet it simply is in a different ballroom.

For reference, the Indiana Convention Center room that we've used the last couple of years is a shade under 90,000 square feet. And the one we used 3 years ago was a shade over 90,000.

This one's gonna be big...

For reference, the Indiana Convention Center room that we've used the last couple of years is a shade under 90,000 square feet. And the one we used 3 years ago was a shade over 90,000.

This one's gonna be big...

You are assuming that they are using all three Exhibition Halls. They may not. The main ball room in Hawaii was 24,720. The largest ballroom in San Diego was 34,122 sq feet.

Ballroom A, B & C for sides/open play + Exhibition Hall A for the main tournament will likely be plenty of room.

Back