Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston, Texas TCG & VG Regional Championships - October 13 & 14

Prize support for TCG and VG has been listed on post #1. All Championship points are TBA (to be announced) for both groups.

I'll be there, hopefully it's "cool enough" to be Pikachu.
(It's never cold here ever)

I don't think any CP for 2012-13 had been announced yet.
I bet though it's going to be about the same or similar to last season.

I don't know I could be wrong being that there are 3 regional times.

Last year I barely made it in VGC, I borrowed a friends game (LOL)
I had no idea what I was doing but it was fun.

Last edited:
Waiting on TPCi to clarify what changes if any will be for the VG Regional Championships. I'll post information as soon as I get it.

Friday night side events will posted in the next 48 hours. We'll have something for EVERYONE.

Checking in for Mike.

Regional VG Championships rules have now been added on post #1, In a nutshell, everything stays the same as the April Regionals.

Last edited:
I've decided on the Friday night side events. All side events will be FREE, prizes for each side event, and open to all players.

TCG:

Masters tournament - Open to all Masters

Juniors & Seniors tournament - Open to all Juniors & Seniors

Girls ONLY tournament - Two divisions - Juniors & Seniors / Masters

35+ tournament - Open to all that's 35 +

VG:

Masters tournament - Open to all Masters

Juniors & Seniors tournament - Open to all Juniors & Seniors

Girls ONLY tournament - All divisions combined.

Formats - working on that now, stay tuned.

C'mon Birch, we all know you're gonna play in the 35+ tourny and school us PokeParents on how Pokemon is supposed to be played..........

Regional VG Championships rules have now been added on post #1, In a nutshell, everything stays the same as the April Regionals.

Thanks so much! I was wondering if you (or Team Cook) would be able to tell me if the VG event will be straight Swiss like last year, or if we'll be having a Top Cut. As always any information at all would be appreciated!

Thanks so much! I was wondering if you (or Team Cook) would be able to tell me if the VG event will be straight Swiss like last year, or if we'll be having a Top Cut. As always any information at all would be appreciated!

As far as we know, it will be straight Swiss like last year. We'll notify all the players if any changes occur.

REGIONALS information: Hotel Room raffles:

Book a Friday night room - Get a raffle ticket for a sealed box on Saturday.

Book a Saturday night room - Get a raffle ticket for a Black AND White VG game on Sunday.

Book 2 or more nights - Get both above AND a raffle ticket for a chance to win $100.00

Rooms MUST BE BOOKED BY SEPTEMBER 26th AND IN THE POKEMON BLOCK. SEE LINK BELOW.

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1207275971&key=45F8E

Last edited:
I was the first to book both nights on 7/28. Can we get double tickets?? LOL
I can't wait for the PokeParent tournament. I think I'm more jazzed up for that then the regional Tournament. :p

Houston Pokémon Regionals Friday Night Side Events, October 12, 6:00 pm - 12:00 am. All side events are FREE and open to all players. All side events will have a prize for at least first place.

TCG (Trading Card Game):

Girls ONLY tournament:

Girls Masters - 7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 60 cards, single elimination.

Girls Juniors & Seniors - 7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 pm Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, single elimination.

Juniors & Seniors (All)
- 7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 pm Start - Level Ball Pikachu - 90 HP or less, B&W on, Rares included, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, each player MUST have ONE Pikachu in his/her deck. Receive TWO prizes if Pikachu knocks out a defending Pokémon, single elimination.

Masters (ALL)
7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 Start - No Rares - No Rares allowed, B&W on, 60 card deck, single elimination. Reprinted promos are not allowed.

OLD Masters (Age 35+) 7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 pm Start - No Rares - No Rares allowed, B&W on, 60 card deck, single elimination. Reprinted promos are not allowed.

VG (Video Game):

Masters / Juniors & Seniors

"Special" Pokémon tournament. Both groups 7:00 pm Registration / 7:45 pm Start
Single battle format, (One Pokémon per side at a time, six per team) double elimination (Lose twice and you're out)
All Species of Pokémon are permitted, including those normally banned from tournament play, such as Deoxys and Mewtwo.
No two Pokémon may hold the same item,
No two Pokémon may have the same number in the national Pokédex
A team of six Pokémon must be placed in the battle-box or the party before beginning, players may not alter their teams after the beginning of the tournament.
Matches will be conducted via the infrared feature of the C-gear. There will not be a team preview.
All Pokémon above level 50 will have their levels reduced to 50 for the duration of the match, Pokémon will still retain all moves learned after level 50, and Pokémon under level 50 will NOT be raised to level 50, they will remain at their current level. No hacked Pokémon, no funny business, play fair.

Last edited:
To clarify, you get a raffle ticket for the shot at winning $100.00 NOT a raffle ticket that costs $100.00, lol.

Friday night side events / all FREE and open to all players / Prizes to be given out (will post later)

TCG:

Girls ONLY tournament:

Girls Masters - 6:00 pm Registration / 6:30 Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 60 cards, single elimination.

Girls Juniors & Seniors - 6:00 pm Registration / 6:30 pm Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, single elimination.

Juniors & Seniors (All)
- 6:30 pm Registration / 7:00 pm Start - Level Ball Pikachu - 90 HP or less, B&W on, Rares included, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, each player MUST have ONE Pikachu in his/her deck. Receive TWO prizes if Pikachu knocks out a defending Pokemon, single elimination.

Masters (ALL)6:45 pm Registration / 7:30 Start - No Rares - No Rares allowed, B&W on, 60 card deck, single elimination.

VG:

"Special" Pokémon tournament. Both groups 7:00 pm Registration / 7:30 pm Start
Single battle format, (One Pokémon per side at a time, six per team) double elimination (Lose twice and you're out)
All Species of Pokémon are permitted, including those normally banned from tournament play, such as Deoxys and Mewtwo.
A team of six Pokémon must be placed in the battle-box or the party before beginning, players may not alter their teams after the beginning of the tournament.
Matches will be conducted via the infrared feature of the C-gear. There will not be a team preview.
All Pokémon above level 50 will have their levels reduced to 50 for the duration of the match, Pokémon will still retain all moves learned after level 50, and Pokémon under level 50 will NOT be raised to level 50, they will remain at their current level. No hacked Pokemon, no funny business, play fair.

Amazing Tournament Plans Mike I hope to do all of them i hope

To clarify, you get a raffle ticket for the shot at winning $100.00 NOT a raffle ticket that costs $100.00, lol.

Friday night side events / all FREE and open to all players / Prizes to be given out (will post later)

TCG:

Girls ONLY tournament:

Girls Masters - 6:00 pm Registration / 6:30 Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 60 cards, single elimination.

Girls Juniors & Seniors - 6:00 pm Registration / 6:30 pm Start - Level Ball - B&W on, 90 HP or less, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, single elimination.

Juniors & Seniors (All)
- 6:30 pm Registration / 7:00 pm Start - Level Ball Pikachu - 90 HP or less, B&W on, Rares included, 40 cards (no more than two of each card allowed, except for basic energies), four prizes, each player MUST have ONE Pikachu in his/her deck. Receive TWO prizes if Pikachu knocks out a defending Pokemon, single elimination.

Masters (ALL)6:45 pm Registration / 7:30 Start - No Rares - No Rares allowed, B&W on, 60 card deck, single elimination.

VG:

All Pokémon above level 50 will have their levels reduced to 50 for the duration of the match, Pokémon will still retain all moves learned after level 50, and Pokémon under level 50 will NOT be raised to level 50, they will remain at their current level. No hacked Pokemon, no funny business, play fair.

Does this mean no ultra rares either?

TCG:

Girls ONLY tournament:

Juniors & Seniors (All)

VG:

Ok so Are we allowed to use Promos that are like cards the were remade from setsor are those rares too?

Back