Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston, Texas TCG & VG Regional Championships - October 13 & 14

Ok so Are we allowed to use Promos that are like cards the were remade from setsor are those rares too?

No.

Time change for Friday night side events - All side events have a 7:00 pm Registration time and 7:45 Start time. This will allow more time for traveling. Post #37 has been changed.

We've got two vendors secured for Regionals so far, looking for more. The vendor room will be open all 3 days.

So far, we have $800.00 worth of gift cards or certificates to give away and that doesn't include what we're giving away for booking rooms.

Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:
So what happened to the +35 tournament??

It just magically appeared on post #37.

VENDORS Information:

As of now, we have....

Space Cadets (Oak Ridge North, Texas) - Selling booster packs, theme decks, tins, singles, sleeves, mats, deck boxes, and a ton of Pokemon stuff. They don't buy cards but they do consignment so check with them ahead of time if you want them to sell something for you. I've been told they'll have more than they did in April and they had a lot back in April.

Strikezone (Houston, Texas) - Buying & selling singles (check their website for prices). They do not buy in bulk. Selling booster packs, theme decks, tins, singles and some Pokemon stuff. Like Space Cadets, they were a HUGE hit with the players back in April.

We might be adding one or two more vendors, just waiting on their response. Yes, T&T is one of them.

The Vendors will have their own room directly across from the main tournament room and it will be open all 3 days.

All vendors will price their own stuff, I have no control over pricing.

Last edited:
Just stopping in to add a couple tidbits that the players will like.

Times and weekend extras.

Times:

Swiss Rounds will be 30+3 and Top Cut Match Play will be 75+3

Weekend Extras:

Saturday Extras:

Bring a Friend -- Current players who bring a NEW player to the event will receive a FREE Pokemon poster if their NEW player friend plays in the TCG tournament. The NEW player also receives a Pokemon poster. Bring more friends, receive more posters! (A NEW player is someone who has not participated in any Pokemon league or tournament, and has never been issued a Player ID (or POP ID).

Poke-Raffles -- Everyone gets a free ticket for the raffles!

Pokemon Spirit -- Wear your Pokemon t-shirt and double your chances of winning in the raffles. Wear your Pokemon t-shirt to get an EXTRA ticket for the raffles. ((PRIZES))

Custom Pokemon T-shirt Contest -- Design and make your own Pokemon t-shirt! ((Winners win prizes))

Create-a-Card Contest -- Design and make your own Pokemon card. The theme is FUNNY! Make a FUNNY card! ((Winners win prizes))

The Mystery of the Giant Pokeballs -- Guess which Pokemon is inside the Giant Pokeball ((Winners win prizes))

ALSO: Coloring Corner

Sunday Extras:

Bring a Friend -- Current players who bring a NEW player to the event will receive a FREE Pokemon poster if their NEW player friend plays in the VGC tournament. The NEW player also receives a Pokemon poster. Bring more friends, receive more posters! (A NEW player is someone who has not participated in any Pokemon league or tournament, and has never been issued a Player ID (or POP ID).

Poke-Raffles -- Everyone gets a free ticket for the raffles!

Pokemon Spirit -- Wear your Pokemon t-shirt and double your chances of winning in the raffles. Wear your Pokemon t-shirt to get an EXTRA ticket for the raffles. ((PRIZES))

Custom Pokemon T-shirt Contest -- Design and make your own Pokemon t-shirt! ((Winners win prizes))

Pokemon Drawing Contest -- Draw a Pokemon from scratch! ((Winners win prizes))

ALSO: Coloring Corner

Important VG information has been posted to Post #1.

All the rules and prizes have been added.

Cut to the chase - Swiss PLUS top cut in VG. Check post #1 for details.

Nice to hear about Top Cut.

Kinda sucks that it's a max top 8, tho...

Might attend this, although, from reading all of the extras going on.. my chances went up 80% because this tournament sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never played in Texas before.

REGIONALS information: Hotel Room raffles:

Book a Friday night room - Get a raffle ticket for a sealed box on Saturday.

Book a Saturday night room - Get a raffle ticket for a Black AND White VG game on Sunday.

Book 2 or more nights - Get both above AND a raffle ticket for a chance to win $100.00

Rooms MUST BE BOOKED BY SEPTEMBER 26th AND IN THE POKEMON BLOCK. SEE LINK BELOW.

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1207275971&key=45F8E

just booked two nights! see u guys there!!

Just Booked for 3 Nights and to my suprise I booked the Last room (The one with the 2 beds) lucky me so I think I need to get my deck ready and my VGC team as well as for side events

Just Booked for 3 Nights and to my suprise I booked the Last room (The one with the 2 beds) lucky me so I think I need to get my deck ready and my VGC team as well as for side events

Just spoke with the hotel, trust me, you didn't book the last room BUT thanks for booking, lol. See ya soon.

To all:

Don't forget about the raffle drawings for booking a room or rooms.

I got a sealed box, a Black AND White 2 (both), and a crisp $100.00 ready to give away.

Last edited:
Two things.

1. VG information added to post # 1.

2. Contests, Activities, and Event Extras!

Saturday only
- CREATE-A-CARD Contest – Get creative and design a FUNNY Pokemon card. Winners will get prizes!

Saturday only - GIANT POKEBALL – Guess which Pokemon is inside the Giant Pokeballs. Winner gets a prize!

Sunday only - DRAWING CONTEST – Submit your best Pokemon drawing. Winners will get prizes!

Saturday & Sunday - BRING A FRIEND Program – Invite a friend (NEW player) to play in the tournament (card game or video game). You get a prize, and your friend gets a prize.

Saturday & Sunday
- POKEMON RAFFLES – Pokemon Prizes and gift certificates are being given away all weekend long. All tournament participants will get a raffle ticket.

Saturday & Sunday - POKEMON SPIRIT – Show your Pokemon Spirit and wear your Pokemon shirt to get an EXTRA raffle ticket, and double your chances of winning the raffles.

Saturday & Sunday
- POKEMON COLORING CORNER – Crayons and pages to color.

WOW, the hotel reservations are rockin' & rollin'. It looks like we're running low on doubles but don't worry. You can always ask for an adult roll-a-way or air mattress when booking a King room. Being a newer hotel, the roll-a-ways are just as cushy as a regular bed and it's FREE, just ask for it.

Team Cook is there any word if T&T would be there?

No word yet cook about dragon vault cards??

I've sent an email and asked in the PTO forums. I'll get you the answer as soon as I get it.

---------- Post added 09/22/2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

Team Cook is there any word if T&T would be there?

T&T has not responded to the invitation to be a vendor at Houston Regionals. I'll let you know if they contact me. In the meantime, we already have two excellent vendors returning from the April Regionals. Scroll up for that information.

Last edited:
Back