Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

23.feb.2013 - City of Geneva. The international City in the middle of Europe !

falcom4ever

Hello,

I am organizing a City Championship in Geneva, in Switzerland the 23th February 2013.
The city of Geneva has a very good geographic situation in the middle Europe and we expect to have a lot of foreign players this year. This year I am trying to do the things bigger and it is also a test for bigger tournaments in the future and maybe a yearly International tournament!

Why coming to Geneva?

First of all, the access is very easy and not so costly from most of major western European cities.
The lowcost company EasyJet flies from most of Europe to Geneva for a reasonable price. You can come with a direct flight from UK, Sweden, Portugal,… If you book advance, you might be able to come with the cheapest price. That is why I am posting in advance!

If you live in France, Italy and Germany, it should not be a big deal coming by rail or car. There are free parkings around the venue.

Geneva is also one of the safest cities in the world. If this tournament has the expected success, I believe that Geneva will become the home of the biggest tournaments in Europe in the future !

Here are some information:

Rafael Katsuya
[email protected]

Address:
Ecole des Bossons
Chemin François-Chavaz 64
1213 Onex
Suisse

Date:

Start of inscriptions:
10h00
Start of the first round:
10h45

Format:
BW-ON
Maximum of player:
Participation fee:
7CHF (6€)

Preinscriptions by sending an e-mail to :
[email protected]

You can find here more details like how to access the venue !

Last edited:
February 9 is also the date of the European Challenge Cup in Arnhem (Netherlands) ... So maybe it's not the best date to try to interest international players, when there is already an international European tournament on that same day...

I think he's either the organizer, the HJ, or one of the prominent Judges in the area.

Okay, hopefully I got the information on time :)

The date is officially moved to the 23th February 2012 in order to allow players to come to both tournaments.

Please come in numbers !

The date is published since several weeks on the official organized play page of the Benelux region.

If The date is published since several weeks on the official organized play page of the Benelux region. then it really needs to be on the pokemon.com event locator

Well if the information is only in dutch, it is normal that people like me do not know ^^'... But it is no more a problem, as the date was officially moved.

With this conflict at least I was able to book a flight to Schiphol Amsterdam.

Well if the information is only in dutch, it is normal that people like me do not know ^^'... But it is no more a problem, as the date was officially moved.

The announcement and information on www.pokemon-organizedplay.nl is in 8 languages, namely Dutch, French, German, English, Danish, Spanish, Italian. The Swedish text still awaits updating.

Besides, all OP Coödinators and distributors in Europe were requested by TPCi not to organize a City Championship in the weekend of 9 and 10 February 2013. Intitially the tournament was scheduled a week later, but the big hall of the venue could not be hired exclusively for the event that weekend. That also caused the delay in sanctioning the tournament on the Tournament Locator.

The announcement and information on www.pokemon-organizedplay.nl is in 8 languages, namely Dutch, French, German, English, Danish, Spanish, Italian. The Swedish text still awaits updating.

Besides, all OP Coödinators and distributors in Europe were requested by TPCi not to organize a City Championship in the weekend of 9 and 10 February 2013. Intitially the tournament was scheduled a week later, but the big hall of the venue could not be hired exclusively for the event that weekend. That also caused the delay in sanctioning the tournament on the Tournament Locator.

Thanks Sandshrew, but this topic is not about the dutch thing ^^'...

Back