Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO Terms of Service: Change Please?

ChaosJim

The Terms of Service ask that I keep errors in the program confidential. In the past, we've always been asked to put the errors into the public space on the forums (to make sure it isn't just us, to get updates on whether or not the errors are fixed, are being fixed, or are worse than we saw). I'm pretty sure this community oriented approach has been successful for PTCGO. Why must this language remain? Is there a fear I'll find some error and call the national news (and they'll care)?

Am I totally alone in this?

I believe this wording is there specifically for sharing exploits in the software. I hate the legalese that goes above and beyond the intent of the problem just to cover someone's behind. But that's a problem with our legal system really.

No, Jim, you're quite right, and in fact this can be a serious liability issue for PTCGO if they attempt to prevent someone from publicizing an exploit that could cause damages to users.

Remember, kids, the Internet is not the United States of America. You can get dragged into all KINDS of courts!

The Terms of Service ask that I keep errors in the program confidential. In the past, we've always been asked to put the errors into the public space on the forums (to make sure it isn't just us, to get updates on whether or not the errors are fixed, are being fixed, or are worse than we saw). I'm pretty sure this community oriented approach has been successful for PTCGO. Why must this language remain? Is there a fear I'll find some error and call the national news (and they'll care)?

Am I totally alone in this?

It looks like there may be some wording in the EULA this is only applicable to a closed beta, where confidentiality is far more important. I'll pass this up the chain and ask the legal team to investigate revisions.

Back