Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon deck websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
espeon, I guess you didn't read his comment at all. He said it himself that the best deck is what you make it out to be and I do the same thing but I do it to championship decks.

There is a huge difference there. When I make my decks, I do it with my favorite Pokemon or Pokemon I like. I have a Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres deck that uses Eeletric as the engine. It also has a few other support attackers to help matchups like Terrakion, Mewtwo EX and shiny Rayquaza. The reason I can play that deck well is because I know the ins and outs of the deck, while my opponent sits in the dark not know what I will do next. So to me, thats the best deck I can us. I've never used it in a tournament because I want to try other concepts like Cresselia EX and Gardevoir. I'm always trying non meta concepts with the Pokemon I like because I enjoy the game better that way. Now I can still play meta decks.

The issue most people are having with you is you refuse to do the research and testing required to make a deck 'BDIF'. Players win their games and bad matchups because they take the time required to learn their deck and use the cards they feel fits their play style. To them its like their baby. Although they came from the same basic idea, each deck is unique in its own way based on the players. You can take the best deck in the format and lose out with it because you dont understand why the cards were in the deck.

My views on net decking have changed a lot from when I started posting but I will still speak like a scrub on it because its the only way I can keep a opened mind about the subject but I however dont like it when people post on like asking for list that won because all it shows is you don't care to see the game grow. That you are only here to take from the community. If other players can take the time to work out the flaws in their deck, then you should be willing to do the same. Just play what deck YOU feel is the 'BDIF' and play it. Learn the deck and make necessary adjustments according to your play style.

And I guess you haven't been around The Pokegym long enough to read the various threads about net decking. Search for some of them and you will see Vaporeon's stance on net decking.

(Vaporeon, please correct me if I'm wrong) He was saying that the best decks don't follow someone else's list. The best decks are created by players testing new ideas themselves.

I agree. The game would not evolve if not for players trying new concepts. Fliptini was dead until someone gave it a chance.

I sometimes make deck ideas like Articuno/Dusknoir and Plasma Klinklang. I even make my own Hammertime and Keldeo/Blastoise list. The reason I look for champion or really good decks is so I can look at them and change them to suite my meta which is what I do all the time. Sometimes if I'm bored online I make a deck that just seems like fun even if only wins 50% of the time. Like some random list I just made called unstoppable tank which had 1 Landorus Ex, 1 Registeel Ex, 1 Tornadus Ex, 4 Bouffalant and a ability Serperior line and it worked pretty well so yeah I do make my own lists and I just look up professional decks so I can make them to what seems best.

Me like a few other people when was revealed came up with various lists for it. So of course I didn't develop Klinklang as a concept, the people including me came up with lists and made Klinklang a concept. I just use it as an example a lot more then they do.

Me like a few other people when was revealed came up with various lists for it. So of course I didn't develop Klinklang as a concept, the people including me came up with lists and made Klinklang a concept. I just use it as an example a lot more then they do.

Plasma klinklang is an incredibly obvious concept. You (and your friends) were not the first.

The biggest problem is your attitude towards the entire situation.

I'd be happy to discuss deck lists with anyone, but I'm not going to help someone who isn't willing to have an actual discussion. Instead of being defensive about what suggestions and comments everyone is making, add some substance to the conversation.

You want to know about deck websites because you want to find good lists? That's perfectly fine. This website, The Deck Out, and SixPrizes do all of that. You still seem unsatisfied. What more are you looking for?

And when you respond, remember that behind the digitized words, silly avatars, and pseudonyms, there is a human being.

I do make my own lists and I just look up professional decks so I can make them to what seems best.

I'm not aware of any professional players in the game. I assume what you meant was "great" players/decks. Most aren't going to give their deck list until their done with that current format. By then the meta will shifted enough not to make it such a strong choice as it once was. Just look at Darkrai/Tornadus during nats, and Durant during cities last format.

I sometimes make deck ideas like Articuno/Dusknoir and Plasma Klinklang. I even make my own Hammertime and Keldeo/Blastoise list. The reason I look for champion or really good decks is so I can look at them and change them to suite my meta which is what I do all the time.

This sounds like "I know how to build decks, but my decks suck, so I need to netdeck." If you need to look for really good lists to build your own lists, then you don't know how to build decks.

Players view other lists all the time, but if you're very dependent on other people's lists to build your own lists, then you don't know how to build decks, and you're never going to learn. Playing your own lists (and failing with them) is the key to getting better at the game. There really aren't any shortcuts to learning how to build a deck.

Build your own decks. You will get better at it overtime and it will allow you to truly understand the game and will make you a better play overall. Even though its easier to get decks from other people, you
Need to have lists that fit your play style and meta game. If you get a list from a player in a different area, it might not have the techs it should have for your metagame.

Trainers should not feed trolls.

I struggle with putting together a viable deck without help from my Pokemon playing friends at league. No shame in it; I just came to this game from another that used vastly different construction concepts. With community help, I've managed to build two winning lists for cities (piloted by my children). But they still had to test test test. Without extensive practice among other capable players, NO deck can be BDIF. Regardless of the decklist. Maybe you should spend the time and effort you've been putting into the snipe hunt for decks, into developing a playtest group. So many benefits above and beyond lists can be had from this. An increase in social and communication skills, for instance. Also, a sense of fulfillment is to be had when your group finally 'breaks the format'. And an group of people to which one can gloat effectively, when one's ideas prove unrivalled.

Just a suggestion.

Now, on to "BDIF"

BDIF is an ever evolving thing. The nature of this game as opposed to others, is such that BDIF is much more dependent on the meta of the next tournament. Thus, the only decks that ever really make waves are SD. Good luck getting SD lists from Deckout and 6P, or even here for that matter. Unless you're in the group, you won't see it until it's KOing your poor Pokemon.

Summation
Practice Practice Practice. With other skilled players whom will enjoy your presence and contributions.

I had this same discussion with another member on this website. Your not going to find that "magic" decklist that will solve all of your problems. Theres no undefeated deck out there on the internet that is free of flaws. The best players in the game just go out and play, they dont waste their time flashing their decks on the internet.

Like many have said, just go out and play the game. Most meta decks look pretty similar. Most players make a few minor changes to their decks based on their own playstyle. Your not going to win every game most likely. Your not going to lose every game either. Most of this game is luck but its also knowing the ins and outs to whatever your playing. If your copying other decks mindlessly and not knowing all of their plays, its going to be a waste of your time trying to pilot other decks. Its good to find a deck you like, play it a lot, and then figure out whats good on your own. You dont really need to follow other peoples decks after you play this game after a while. Sometimes its good to find ideas for new cards to play at best but usually its all about how you want to play.

Most websites out there have a lot of the same decks anyway, most peoples builds are the same minus 3-4 multiples of certain decks. Theres probably nothing out there that you dont already know.

Here's what I would like to find. I would like to find a plain, vanilla list of some of the most popular decks. If I'm going to playtest against, for example, a Kling Klang deck, I don't want to have to master Kling Klang. I just want a run-of-the-mill list for Kling Klang to start testing against. I can take care of changing things from there. Some of the sites on here provide that, some don't. It's hit and miss.

Here's what I would like to find. I would like to find a plain, vanilla list of some of the most popular decks. If I'm going to playtest against, for example, a Kling Klang deck, I don't want to have to master Kling Klang. I just want a run-of-the-mill list for Kling Klang to start testing against. I can take care of changing things from there. Some of the sites on here provide that, some don't. It's hit and miss.

Its fairly simple how you find these decks. You go to this website called www.google.com. Then you type in "Pokemon TCG Klingklang deck" and theres going to be many results you will get. I know this takes work since you actually have to click on websites and go through them and try to find the information your looking for (which I notice a lot of people dont like to do but thats just the reality of it) but over dozens of tournament players, pokemon professors, experienced pokemasters post articles daily about these decks and different ways of building them. Lots of these people know what they are talking about, its a matter of knowing how the game works, learning the different plays of the deck, and a lot of studying it along with trial and error.

It just takes some work and people have to learn how to educate themselves (in any aspect of life really) instead of expecting everyone to just give them answers. The answers are there, you just have to find them. Sides you dont want people giving you bad information and try to convince you that its right anyway.

http://www.google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back