Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's NO way Tropical Beach leaves. They won't rotate past DRX (though that's what I see rotation heading), and Altaria is before Beach 2012 in the numbering...

I could see rotating up to Mewtwo/Darkrai promos and getting rid of them.

There's no confirmation that they're reprinting some of those in English - particularly Catcher, DCE and Energy Retrieval. They were just in the Blastoise/Kyurem Japanese deck, but they didn't have new artwork or anything special that would cause TPCi to reprint them.

Juniper and Ultra Ball should be in Plasma Freeze as a FA/shiny, respectively. Rare Candy, Cover Fossil and Plume Fossil we should see in our August set. Cheren and Random Receiver were just reprinted in the last two sets.

Plus... reprints don't guarantee a relationship directly with the next rotation; sometimes it is a just because TPCi wants to/needs to get certain alternate art cards released, other times it is for rotation... but not the next one.

It certainly could be DRX-On, but be careful of citing guesswork as deduction; the most one can say about reprints is that it would allow such and such a format if we rotate to DRX on.

What makes everyone think it won't be just like DP when they didn't rotate. This situation seems very similar to that one and it makes about as much sense as the rest of the speculation here.

I honestly hope there is either a DEX-on rotation, or none at all. We can't handle a catcherless format right now. Sure, Ninetales is cute, but it takes up so many deck and a spot on your ever-important bench. Without devo spray, it becomes dead weight on your bench, and WITH devo spray, it takes up too many slots in your deck. Maybe when Genesect is in format and/or another substitute for Catcher is in format, I will change my mind, but right now, we just can't deal with not being able to hit the bench without clogging up our decks. Benchsniping is so important, and Mr Mime will just make it worse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, Dragons-on would be pretty devastating to most decks. There goes my beloved Empoleon (yes, I know he's getting reprinted, but Piplup isn't).

Hey, did you know they're reprinting Rare Candy, Cover Fossil, Plume Fossil and Pokemon Catcher, Dce, Juniper, Cheren, Ultra Ball, Random Receiver and energy retrieval. So they're probably going to do DRX-on, so bye-bye Rayeels and Darkrai decks, bye-bye Tropical Beach, Mewtwo Ex, Shaymin Ex, Tornadus Ex and Energy Switch.

Sorry but if they make a rotacion, there will be 4 sets or 3, they rotated all HS block to start a Season with Black & White, since the normal thing is 4 sets, now could be only 3,they will not cut Dark Explorers because is a May Set, everything behind could be cuted. Tropical BEach is a Promo the only deck that will be out is Eelsbut they could make a Shiny Eelectrick.

There are the formats before:

2007-2008 HP-on

EX Holon Phatoms
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Treiner Kit
EX Dragon Frontiers
EX Power Keepers
"Daimond & Pearl" Base Set
DP - Mysterous Treassures
DP - Secret Wonders
DP - Great Encounters

2008-2009 DP-on

DP - Secret Wonders
DP - Great Encounters
DP - Madjestic Dawn
DP - Legends Awakened
DP - Stormfront
"Platinum" Base Set

2009-2010 DP-on

DP - Secret Wonders
DP - Great Encounters
DP - Madjestic Dawn
DP - Legends Awakened
DP - Stormfront
"Platinum" Base Set
PL - Rising Rivals
PL - Supreme Victors
PL - Arceus
"Heart Gold Soul Silver" Base Set

2010-2011 MD-on

DP - Madjestic Dawn
DP - Legends Awakened
DP - Stormfront
"Platinum" Base Set
PL - Rising Rivals
PL - Supreme Victors
PL - Arceus
HS - Unleashed
HS - Undaunted
HS - Triumphant
Call Of Legends

2011-2012 HGSS-on

HS - Unleashed
HS - Undaunted
HS - Triumphant
Call Of Legends
"Black & White" Base Set
Noble Victories
Next Destinies
Dark Explorers

2012-2013 BW-on

Black & White
Emerging Powers
Noble Victories
Next Destinies
Dark Explorers
Dragons Exalted
Boundaries Crossed
Plasma Storm
Plasma Freeze* May

So if they didn´t had rotation, is because there will not happen one this year, beacuse if I´m not wrong, they had a new format always on Battle Carnival. like was on last year BW-on

If they do rotate, they're keeping in Dark Explorers unless they want to reprint Juniper and N. They'd be cutting out supporters then.

Reprinting does indeed mean you can use the older versions, as long as the text is the same. If it differs, you might need a reference card of some sort. Or maybe that's only for foreign language cards. Not entirely sure.

Am I the only one who thinks given the reprints and all that we got the format is bearly going to be effected by rotation at all?

What do you think the next rotation will be? Mewtwo EX and Darkrai EX might rotate out if they rotate 5 sets out. I've only seen 2 rotations so I'm not sure what to expect (on how many sets to expect to rotate). I know the supporter staples are FA'ed so they will be good. Thanks!

I think since Mewtwo and Darkrai have seen two formats that they will be rotated to DRX-on. This being an important set for balancing to rotate to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back