Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unshown/Incorrect Results from Cities and Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarK_Yojimbo

Hi guys, first post so unsure of where I should post this (admins move thread if in wrong place :]). Recently, we had our Spring Regionals in Auckland, New Zealand. However, the tournament results and the results uploaded were not the same. Top 4 finishers were completely different than the shown results on pokemon page. Our TO has emailed Edmund (Organiser for Australasia) but no response has been given.

On another occasion, a City Championship 2 months ago (5th Jan) has still no results uploaded on the Pokemon page. We as players have talked to this City's TO about it many many times, and he said he will pass the info onto Edmund. However, 2 MONTHS LATER, still no results.

We have only 3 big tournaments in New Zealand this year, 2 being city's and one being regionals. I won both cities and top 4 in regionals. According to the Pokemon page, I should have a total of 200 points (50 per cities, 90 for top 4 regionals, 10 for 3rd battle roads), but due to the errored results, I currently have only 60. For international countries, 200 points is required for an invite to worlds and if all these results are corrected, I have an invite for worlds (will be my first time).

I, myself and many other players have contacted the TO's here regarding the situation. Then was told by one of the TO's to ask play!pokemon. I have posted a support enquiry on play! pokemon, but has yielded no responses so far.

TLDR: Out of the only 3 big tournaments in NZ, 1 has not been uploaded after 2 months, 1 has been incorrectly uploaded.

So I am asking if anyone knows a possible solution or can point me towards someone that I can talk to regarding this situation.

You are definitely going to have to submit a ticket about this. I would also contact all of the To's yourself and put some pressure on them. Being as ya'll probably only have one PTO, they have a pretty big responsibility and probably like their position. If they are incapable of fulfilling their responsibilities, put them on notice. Tell them if they can't do their jobs correctly, you'll submit a ticket about their inefficiency. PTO's can't go "straight to the top," but they have more connections than players and other non-PTO organizers do and they should be able to get it resolved fairly quickly, especially if it is important enough to cost you your invite.

What worries me even more is the complete incompetence and their lack of caring. If I had a "local" player that was in the qualifying range and I messed something up, I would be bending over backwards to fix it.

Thanks for the reply. We have contacted the TO for the citys that was not uploaded. Eventually, the TO told us to complain to play! pokemon which started a somewhat heated argument between players and the TO, resulting in threats of bans from his future tournaments.

The sad thing about NZ is that although our community is very tight, it is also quite small. We have no PTO's in our country, so we have to communicate with Australia's PTO. Not trying to bad mouth anyone, but previous experiences from other players in both NZ and Australia say this particular PTO is rather unresponsive when contacted and in general, just unreliable. The TO that hosted our cities have said he has contacted the PTO in Australia, but 2 months later, the issue has still not been resolved. (I am not sure which end is slacking but one of them has to be)

Another player told me that someone in pokegym is part of the pokemon.com team and that communicating through him would get me further than through TO's and support tickets. I submited a ticket 3 weeks ago, but no solution has been given yet.

I really wish that TO's were like you in NZ where making money is not their only goal. As I have stated previously, we only have 3 large scaled tournaments (excluding BR) in NZ a season, so getting 200 points is not an easy thing. We also don't get sponsored tickets for coming first in nationals so going to worlds just seems that much harder. After all the time and effort that us players have spent getting these golden points, we just hoped that the results would be uploaded correctly and without us having to go on a journey to chase after it ourselves.

Anyways, this is not a sob story and I am just looking for more input if anyone has any more ideas.

Thanks for the reply. We have contacted the TO for the citys that was not uploaded. Eventually, the TO told us to complain to play! pokemon which started a somewhat heated argument between players and the TO, resulting in threats of bans from his future tournaments.

The sad thing about NZ is that although our community is very tight, it is also quite small. We have no PTO's in our country, so we have to communicate with Australia's PTO. Not trying to bad mouth anyone, but previous experiences from other players in both NZ and Australia say this particular PTO is rather unresponsive when contacted and in general, just unreliable. The TO that hosted our cities have said he has contacted the PTO in Australia, but 2 months later, the issue has still not been resolved. (I am not sure which end is slacking but one of them has to be)

Another player told me that someone in pokegym is part of the pokemon.com team and that communicating through him would get me further than through TO's and support tickets. I submited a ticket 3 weeks ago, but no solution has been given yet.
I really wish that TO's were like you in NZ where making money is not their only goal. As I have stated previously, we only have 3 large scaled tournaments (excluding BR) in NZ a season, so getting 200 points is not an easy thing. We also don't get sponsored tickets for coming first in nationals so going to worlds just seems that much harder. After all the time and effort that us players have spent getting these golden points, we just hoped that the results would be uploaded correctly and without us having to go on a journey to chase after it ourselves.

Anyways, this is not a sob story and I am just looking for more input if anyone has any more ideas.

No (bolded), you need to send all the pertinent information to pokemon through the portal, support ticket.

chuzzoe

I know that this is not an issue that NZ alone is facing.

There is a Regionals here in Australia that has a greater outstanding issue. Electronic Pairings. System Crash. No Printed Pairings. Have fun working that one out.

Edmund is aware of all issues and actively trying to resolve them. He is busy. His time is better spent doing things he needs to do rather than reply "I know. I'm working on it".

This could be avoided if the TOs/Professors did the right thing in the first place.

I know that this is not an issue that NZ alone is facing.

There is a Regionals here in Australia that has a greater outstanding issue. Electronic Pairings. System Crash. No Printed Pairings. Have fun working that one out.

Edmund is aware of all issues and actively trying to resolve them. He is busy. His time is better spent doing things he needs to do rather than reply "I know. I'm working on it".

This could be avoided if the TOs/Professors did the right thing in the first place.

Not trying to be skeptical, but is he really? Our cities results have missing since Jan the 5th, that is THREE MONTHS and nothing has been fixed yet. Also our points last year were also uploaded wrong and even after nationals nothing was done about it.
It is very discouraging to play pokemon anymore because we spend a LOT of money/time to make competitive decks/watch videos/playtest but at the end, to not get an invite due to the organisers.

We got the case in France: the results of a tournament were those after round 3 instead of those after the end of tops. The problem has been shown, the TO opened a ticket on support.pokemon.com and gave them the TOM tournament file. Problem got fixed quickly after the ticket.

Not trying to be skeptical, but is he really? Our cities results have missing since Jan the 5th, that is THREE MONTHS and nothing has been fixed yet. Also our points last year were also uploaded wrong and even after nationals nothing was done about it.
It is very discouraging to play pokemon anymore because we spend a LOT of money/time to make competitive decks/watch videos/playtest but at the end, to not get an invite due to the organisers.

I don't understand how people can assume things when they cannot physically see what a person is doing. 90% of the players who are affected understand that these things take time - yes, even months - this is a delicate situation and attention to detail is required. Remember this is not Edmund's fault, this is the TO who ran the event's fault. If Edmund takes time to get it done, deal with it.

There are other priorities, and He knows about the events. He is working on them. I know because I touch base with him weekly. Most of the events that were affected are fixed and uploaded, and now await tagging.

^ Any update on this? I have still yet to see any progress shown on the play!pokemon page after 4 months. Yes he could be sorting it out. Yes it could be a problem with pokemon themselves. Yes it is the fault of the TO's hosting the events. But would some update really hurt that much? You say he is busy and rather spend the time on trying to fix it than replying to the players, but 5 minutes taken to reply out of this 4 months period is really going to prolong him fixing it? I don't think so.

I have spoken to the TO that hosted this event and he has taken action on fixing his software which will probably prevent future errors. You can't blame the players and myself for being frustrated as nationals is approaching in about a months time. Also as worlds approaches, the airfares are only going to increase and knowing that you have cemented your place for an invite will make planning for worlds much more easier.

You are more able than anybody else here to give any update on that problem. Most people here will only share their thoughts.

Stick to the pokemon.com support, remind them regularly about your problem not having any update, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back