Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pre-registration open now for US Nationals!

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
showimage.php
copied and pasted (with permission) from the OP forums: :thumb:
We’re offering the opportunity for players to preregister for U.S. Nationals via our support portal, located at www.pokemon.com/support.
Preregistration is open now, through Monday, June 24th.

Players using the preregistration option will still be required to check in at the event during the on-site preregistration hours. Video Game players will be expected to pass ROM check and lock their Battle Box at check-in.

All players who use this preregistration tool and participate in U.S. Nationals will be automatically entered into a drawing for Pokémon TCG booster packs!

How to Preregister:
1. Log into your Pokémon Trainer Club account
2. Navigate to www.pokemon.com/support, or follow the Customer Service link at the bottom of any page at www.pokemon.com
3. Click “Ask a Question”
4. Select “U.S. Nationals Preregistration” from the drop-down menu
5. Select your competition (Video Game Nationals or TCG Nationals) from the Competition Selection drop-down menu
6. Provide all of the required data: First name, Last name, Player ID, and Date of birth
7. If you are a parent, you can preregister up to 3 of your children by using the “Add a Child” drop-down menu
8. Please include “U.S. Nationals Preregistration” in the Summary field
9. If you are a parent who’s not playing in the event, you can use the non-child fields to preregister one child, and use the “Add a Child” drop-down menu if you need to preregister additional children. Please just indicate in the Details field that you are not preregistering yourself.
10. If you have earned a bye via an approved qualifying event, please indicate the number of rounds and where the bye was earned in the Details field. (Example: I have a two-round bye from Spring Regionals: Salt Lake City.)

Players must meet the Play! Point requirements of the event in order to be registered. Players using the preregistration tool who do not meet the prerequisites will not be registered for the event.

Players will receive a confirmation of their preregistration via a reply in the support portal on or about June 25th. We recommend bringing a copy of the message to the event, in case any issues arise with your preregistration.

Last edited:
How are those of us who don't have children supposed to pre-register?

While it is implied in the announcement, it is worth emphasizing that those of you who register online must still check in at preregistration on Thursday for the TCG and on Friday for VG. If you miss check in you will need to go through late registration early in the morning the next day.

We will do our best to allocate staff resources so that check in for those who register online is faster than preregistration for those who don’t. It is also worth emphasizing that anyone who registers online but does not check in during preregistration will not be entered into the raffle.

Oh course the biggest incentive for participating in online registration is that it takes some of the pressure off of the computer operators. Besides being a nice thing to do for some of our most dedicated and overworked staff members, it is also helps us get an accurate roster posted sooner, which in turns helps us get the tournament started faster.

Pete/Dave.

I have had a player with byes ask me if they need to do anything special to get their byes if they preregister. Should they put that they have a bye/byes in the details of their ticket? At nationals do they need to be in the special line for players with byes like there was in previous years or do they need to be in the online prereg check in line? Do they have to go to both to check in AND claim their byes?

Pete/Dave.

I have had a player with byes ask me if they need to do anything special to get their byes if they preregister. Should they put that they have a bye/byes in the details of their ticket? At nationals do they need to be in the special line for players with byes like there was in previous years or do they need to be in the online prereg check in line? Do they have to go to both to check in AND claim their byes?

As per the instructions:
"10. If you have earned a bye via an approved qualifying event, please indicate the number of rounds and where the bye was earned in the Details field. (Example: I have a two-round bye from Spring Regionals: Salt Lake City.)"

As per the instructions:
"10. If you have earned a bye via an approved qualifying event, please indicate the number of rounds and where the bye was earned in the Details field. (Example: I have a two-round bye from Spring Regionals: Salt Lake City.)"

Missed that line, Thanks

While it is implied in the announcement, it is worth emphasizing that those of you who register online must still check in at preregistration on Thursday for the TCG and on Friday for VG. If you miss check in you will need to go through late registration early in the morning the next day.
If you won't be arriving until after on-site preregistration closes, there is no reason to preregister, is there?

Players must meet the Play! Point requirements of the event in order to be registered. Players using the preregistration tool who do not meet the prerequisites will not be registered for the event.
The prerequisites won't be checked until after the last BRs are submitted, correct? We don't have to wait until we can fulfill the prerequisites in order to preregister.

I don't know if it is me, or something is amiss, but it will not let me submit the ticket.

Edit: There is no submit button after the information has been input.

Last edited:
This makes me very hopeful that we will also get online pairings this year! This is a nice step forward.

For masters it is required that you have 15 Play! Pokemon Points. I have 17, but all were from last season. Do those count towards this year's Nationals?

---------- Post added 05/26/2013 at 04:03 PM ----------

I don't know if it is me, or something is amiss, but it will not let me submit the ticket.

Edit: There is no submit button after the information has been input.

Same here..................

For masters it is required that you have 15 Play! Pokemon Points. I have 17, but all were from last season. Do those count towards this year's Nationals?

---------- Post added 05/26/2013 at 04:03 PM ----------

Same here..................

I believe Play Points are reset each season.

If you won't be arriving until after on-site preregistration closes, there is no reason to preregister, is there?

The prerequisites won't be checked until after the last BRs are submitted, correct? We don't have to wait until we can fulfill the prerequisites in order to preregister.

While you wouldn't be entered into the drawing, there is still value to preregistering, in that your name will be pre-entered into TOM in anticipation that you'll be attending, and a registration card will be printed with your information on it. This, in and of itself, is very helpful to the registration team. Ultimately, up to you though.

We cannot make people submit their events on time, so no. The last BRs are on 6/16, over a week in advance of the deadline to preregister. I would hope that all organizers have reported their results by that time, given that 7 days is the deadline for event reports. However, as mentioned, we can't make people report on time, and we won't spend a large amount of time chasing down late reporters.

Thanks,
Prof Dav

Back