Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The "Gem" Of your collection

iamnotlame

Hey guys, simple question, im unaware of a topic like this existing (but i apologise if there already is), what is the "Gem" of your collection?

For me its my 1st edition base set. For me, like many others here, collecting pokemon is about the nostalgia. As a kid i completed the base set, but I never had a 1st edition base set card. More or less when i first got back into collecting around 2008, i was able to snap up a 1st edition base set, for what i believe to be a very good price.

Unfortunately its not graded. I am seriously considering getting at least the holo's graded, however ive never been through the PSA process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_0fYrca4O8

Your "gem" doesn't have to have the highest value, it doesn't have to be an uber rare, it simply has to be what you consider your "gem".

Pics & Videos are welcome so share away guys!

My:

Illusion's Zorua PSA 10
Pokémon Fan winner
Illus. Izumi Sakaga

Spiky-eared Pichu M
Card Design Contest: Pokémon
Fan winner
Illus. Shizuka Kusakabe

Arceus
Card Design Contest: Elementary
School 3rd Grade winner
Illus. Shoki Nakamura

Well it would probably be my Chinese edition Legend Maker Voltorb and Electrode if this guy will finally send me the cards! Whats he waiting for?

PSA 1 1st edition Charizard <---- not a typo
I really want to see this. Granted, I haven't been looking very hard at all, but I've never seen a card below PSA 5 hahaha

Mine would either be my Karen's Umbreon or 2003 Victory Ring. Neither are graded, but I'm looking to change that soon!

Like I said on the greatest pokemon site for collectors in the world UPCCC, my biggest treasure is my MINT Square Cut, No Stage Blastoise.

Would love to see pictures of this haha

Did you see this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290980067045&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:US:1123

If I had to pick something from Pokemon it would be a 1st edition Base box or the mock Jungle pack

As much as I collect Pokemon, the Gem of my collection is a Yugioh card. My little brother went with me to a Pokemon League at Toys R Us when I was ~12. He bought a Metal Raiders pack and pulled a Mirror Force. He then traded it with some older guys for a Japanese Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. The deal was a complete rip off but he wanted "The Ultimate Blue-Eyes" It is the only card I have that I would not sell, because it was his.

My brother gave me his Base Set 2 Charizard, Base Set 2 Nidoqueen, Base Set 2 Nidoking, Jungle Clefable and Fossil Zapdos.
Those I will never trade away either.

I just got a prerelease Clefable in the mail today!! its in EX-NM I would say but it is fairly miscut( large bottom border and small top bored) I didn't realize that when I saw it online. Upon looking at it closer it also has a printing error in the holo. The holo pattern has a distinct line through some of the stars but it was printed over 2 different foil sheets.

Also I still have my Base set Venusaur that I pulled out of my first pack when I was a kid!!

Back