2 Tropical Beach
1 Cilan
1 Energy Search
1 Computer Search
1 Level Ball

Energy (11)
9 Water
2 Lightning

Standard Blastoise with a few twists. With the new rules I feel Jirachi is a great tech that turns all my balls into consistency cards (barring a prized Jirachi). Suicune was a suggestion for the mirror match and for Genesect to replace Baby Black Kyurem. I feel like Suicune is good in this deck, because safeguard can wall pretty much any deck, but I'm not sure if I need two, if any at all. Even though Suicune can wall many decks for a long period of time, almost every deck will eventually find a way to ko it. In a practice game I played, I led with Suicune, and even though my opponent wasn't able to ko it for a long time, every time I was one aurora beam away from knocking something out, she retreated it. Since I don't run catchers anymore, and practically every deck has a good amount of EXes that I have to 3 shot with Suicune, I am forced to aurora beam until my opponent could finally find a way to KO it, while I get little to no prizes because they keep retreating. I feel like two Tropical Beach is enough because now that I have Jirachi, it is much easier to access. I'm not sure if I need energy search when I have cilan (easily accessible via Jirachi) so I may take that out. At a recent league challenge, I went 0-2 drop. 1st round was to Empoleon/Dusknoir, in which he got, (in my opinion) everything when he needed it. Second round was to Darkrai due to absolutely dreadful draws. I'm not sure if that means I have to add more consistency cards or that was just an absolute fluke (I never had such bad draws in testing). One last thing is the three tool scrapper. I really hate Garbodor, but I did not see any yesterday, so I may take one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you'd want to, but a single Silver Bangle could help turn those 3 hit KOs into 2 hit KOs. It's only useful when you use Suicune though. A better card may be Escape Rope (works great with Keldeo EX).

Because of Jirachi EX you might want to throw in another Level Ball.

IMHO, a far better tech than Jirachi EX is Mr. Mime to protect your benched Poké against the splash damage of Darkrai EX, Genesect EX, Kyurem, and Landorus EX - just some of the most popular deck Poké right now. Secondly, Jirachi EX is a "1-trick pony," meaning you only get to use it when you put it into play (assuming Garbotoxin is not in effect). It will occupy a valuable bench spot - and can be easily 1HKOd with only 90 HP. Hopefully, you will never start with it; if you do, you've lost the benefit of its Ability (and then face a potential KO).

I found Energy Search very helpful at those time when I needed to get the L energy. Cilan was used for the initial Poké power-up, but afterwards, the ES proved quite useful and I did not forgo playing a card draw Supporter.

Last edited:
I don't know if you'd want to, but a single Silver Bangle could help turn those 3 hit KOs into 2 hit KOs. It's only useful when you use Suicune though. A better card may be Escape Rope (works great with Keldeo EX).

Because of Jirachi EX you might want to throw in another Level Ball.

I've never considered Bangle. Turning 3HKOs into 2HKOs is great but I'm not sure if it will be worth the space since it is just for Suicune. Escape Rope is a good idea, but my only problem with it is that if my opponent has something on the bench that is not a heavily damaged EX, they will almost always send in the card that is not the heavily damaged EX. Another level ball is a great idea; after all, more consistency is never a bad thing

IMHO, a far better tech than Jirachi EX is Mr. Mime to protect your benched Poké against the splash damage of Darkrai EX, Genesect EX, Kyurem, and Landorus EX - just some of the most popular deck Poké right now. Secondly, Jirachi EX is a "1-trick pony," meaning you only get to use it when you put it into play (assuming Garbotoxin is not in effect). It will occupy a valuable bench spot - and can be easily 1HKOd with only 90 HP. Hopefully, you will never start with it; if you do, you've lost the benefit of its Ability (and then face a potential KO).

I found Energy Search very helpful at those time when I needed to get the L energy. Cilan was used for the initial Poké power-up, but afterwards, the ES proved quite useful and I did not forgo playing a card draw Supporter.

I feel like Jirachi is a very good tech in the deck because I now have 6 additional outs to get a supporter. Also because most people have dropped catcher, the only decks I play against that I really have to fear Jirachi being knocked out are Genesect and Dusknoir decks. I don't feel Mr. Mime would help all that much because I already have a good match up with Darkrai, Squirtle is protected from all damage on the bench, Genesect's 20 snipe is not all that relevant (imo), I already have a good match up with anything running Landorus because of Keldeo (imo), and I believe that plasma will not be nearly as popular with the new rules changes (again, imo). I could drop Cilan, but I don't know what I would drop it for.

Last edited:
Just got back from a tournament. Went 1-3 drop with 1 win being a bye. Lost to a mirror and 2 empoleon dusknoir. I really have been having trouble with empoleon/dusknoir so I need help with that. The mirror match I just made a big mistake by attacking with keldeo too early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back