Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Told you were on cities schedule then ignored

comicsplus

It’s been a long three years since we first started getting heavy into Pokémon at Comics Plus of Macon. Since we first asked we were egger to come on board the Pokémon family. We welcomed all players and parents with open arms and provided everything we could. We even moved the store to accommodate the growing size in tournaments that could be held for Pokémon. We got so involved myself, the owner, started playing and came in the top 25 last year at regional’s plus spreading my knowledge into the younger players we ended up having youngest player who is under ten make the top 5 in Georgia in rankings and with pushing Pokémon everyday in the store as a family friendly game that the whole family could enjoy.
Well, the reason for my rant is I’m very heart broken and saddened at recent events. Back at the 2013 Fall Battle Roads, Tymon Martindale asked us if we would hold the city championships again. Of course we said yes. We have been letting Pokémon do events in our store since 2011 with no questions asked! So, in the months we had planning and the reputation for the events. We had a local venue cater the event this year and this was going to be announced this year at the event. I now have to refuse this donation and probably never am able to accept help again from this contributor. This also makes me look bad in the eyes of the community. The local paper had already decided to do another feature on the event.
Why you ask are we not holding the event this year? I can’t tell you. No one has called the store, my cell, sent a facebook message or even a message through the website. However, my Pokémon guys told me last week that Rodel Flores that said Tymon has been trying to get a hold of us and was unable and if he didn’t hear from us he was moving the event. The store hasn’t closed, the store did move to a larger location in Macon. We moved caused we are growing.
Why this happened? Not sure. Reasoning? I banned a Pokémon Player. Why would you ban a player? When a player does nothing except try to constantly persuade other players to leave the store, cause inner store problems, engages problems with other stores and interferes with store sales, I banned this player. This was a long time coming because I was trying to weigh the pros and cons as this player is a professor but now I see the rebuttal. Are we being punished? I think so.

Have you called or spoken to Tymon?
That would seem to be the first step to take.

William,

I tried for over a month calling the store and your cell phone leaving messages to try and confirm the date and time with you for the city championship at your location. Since I didnt hear back from you and had to turn in my order or and if I didnt have an event worked out I would of lost the city kit all together so I was able to get another location to host the event. I wanted to hold it at your store but never heard back from you, nor have I gotten any message via facebook. If you want to talk more about this please pm me your phone number since the ones you have given me in the past are lot letting me get in touch with you.

thanks

I checked my phone records for my store and my cell. I have NOT received a phone call. There was no voice mail on either phones. The store phone is a digital voice and records up to 6 months. There is also NO voice mail on my cell. As for confirming? You confirmed at battle roads and didn't realize a confirm to confirm the confirm was required. Obviously decisions were made and now we know......backlash.

Guys, I really, really hate to be "that guy". But as entertaining as this has been, it's probably a good idea to take this off of the public boards. Now, whether that goes to PM or the Prof Boards is your decision. But I've found that airing out dirty laundry in public like this is generally not a good way to build a business, a franchise, or a product. I hope you guys manage to work this out!

Back