Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virizion/Lugia/Dusknoir

castre

I don't post much on here, but I had the idea of this deck. I don't expect this forum to get too popular, but I need two or three opinions.

Virizion EX to accel Lugia EX quickly. 4 plasma energies to work off of Lugia EX. Some shadow triad to grab plasma energies back. Dusknoir for damage spread to allow Lugia EX to OHKO easier for prize advantages.

This deck obviously had more potential before catcher errata (Lugia in general for that matter) but I just need a few opinions on how I would form this deck.

Colress Machine for quicker acceleration helps, cannot decide between 3 or 4. If I run 4, it's more likely to draw into one, but one will be a dead draw later in the game (but can also be fodder for ultra balls). With such quick acceleration, turn 2 or 3 OHKO's are likely.

Any opinions are welcome!

Very cool deck, but not such a "new" concept; a player here ran his deck version at a tournament awhile ago... You'll find that Genesect EX is real important to include in the deck too.

Red signal for catcher effect?
And also for backup attacker?
Essentially yes: Red Signal wounded opponent's benched Poké, Sinister Hand any additional damage counters onto that defending Poké (if needed), and Plasma Gale for the KO... wash, rinse repeat.

Again, yes. Genesect EX, even without G Booster, is an effective attacker.

The problem with Genesect/Lugia is that both require Plasma Energy. You're limited to four in your deck, and Lugia discards one each time it attacks. Attaching a Plasma energy to Genesect has to net you more gain than an attach to Lugia would, which is hard to do. Shadow Triad makes it possible to recycle the energies, but it's a Supporter. So you'd need to play very, very carefully with your Plasma Energy.

The problem with Genesect/Lugia is that both require Plasma Energy. You're limited to four in your deck, and Lugia discards one each time it attacks. Attaching a Plasma energy to Genesect has to net you more gain than an attach to Lugia would, which is hard to do. Shadow Triad makes it possible to recycle the energies, but it's a Supporter. So you'd need to play very, very carefully with your Plasma Energy.

You could use Shadow Truad to get back your Plasma Energy or you add Thundurus Ex to retrieve the Plasma Energy.

You could use Shadow Truad to get back your Plasma Energy or you add Thundurus Ex to retrieve the Plasma Energy.

or run Porygon Z....

Back