Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to trade properly with people you don't know

keniselvis

So...forgive me if this is somewhere else or I am just old. I have accepted a few requests to trade pokemon to people I don't know over the ol' friends/acquaintances/Passerbyers, etc.

Is there a secret way of communicating:

A. What the person would like or is looking for?
B. What I would like or am looking for?

I know there are ways to communicate this through reddit, twitter, the gym, etc. But what about when you are playing and just on your DS? What am I missing?

Thanks!

ken

I dont think there is a way. If there is, I cant find it. There is a game chat setting that you can turn on but you have to change that setting on the 3ds parental control setting, which a lot of people dont know about or how to do. If you trade with random people like do when the request pops up, they may not have the setting enabled as its disabled by default. Pokemon XY says they have to be your friend so I dont know if they must be on your list or not.

I just wish there was a more aged up 3ds system because I'm a little tired of all of the parental controls and censors. Do you know you can't nickname a Pokemon Spicy?

Oooooo, sooo spicy! Sounds somewhat kinky. What a joke.

As for trading with passerby's, you could catch some innocuous looking pokemon in the friend safari and name them "Not that one" "Next 1 pokerus" (when offering a pokemon with the pokerus), "Go Back" "Need starters" or maybe even "Need legendaries" (that one might be too long - lol). Any name that you think you could use during a negotiation.

Last edited:
Oooooo, sooo spicy! Sounds somewhat kinky. What a joke.

As for trading with passerby's, you could catch some innocuous looking pokemon in the friend safari and name them "Not that one" "Next 1 pokerus" (when offering a pokemon with the pokerus), "Go Back" "Need starters" or maybe even "Need legendaries" (that one might be too long - lol). Any name that you think you could use during a negotiation.

Thats a really good idea. I think I may start doing that.

Well, I wish I could take credit for it, but I found the idea on another site. I just expanded upon it. The one I saw only used "Not that one".

I guess it would be a good idea to find out how many characters we can use so we can come up with some easy to figure out messages.

How about: "I'm in love!" "One more trade" "Any shiny?" "No, I'm good" or "Lvlong+prspr"

The only fly in the ointment is when you try to trade with someone of a different language. I have a pokemon named, "!Read Names!" but if they don't speak or read English, you're back to square 1.

In any case there are 12 characters in pokemon names, so there are quite a few combinations of messages you can use. I also have pokemon named "Humans-Yummy", "ShwTypeUNeed", and "I like eggs". Almost forgot. I also have one named, "NdQuad/Quint"

Hope that helps.

Back