Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thinking, playing, etc. like a champion.

I have not really seen a toolbox deck run so I am not prepared to type what I think are its card combinations.

I realize Plasma decks are all different, but I lumped them together because, like VictiniCup mentioned, they are starting to be mixed and revised. Lugia EX is back in the game. Plasma in its form of Kyurem, Thunderous, Deoxys, I think is on its way out. Bicycle was important in the deck.

It doesn't sound like the issue is a matter of "work." I'm actually surprised by the number of events you have played in. I thought you would be playing in less. You attend a good number of T1 events. Who are the people at league who you you talk about? I meant to say that you would be the one arranging the car ride, not that you would be a passenger in the car.

Your friends who now work on Saturdays don't play at all anymore? They don't go to league? You all can't get together just to play?

The positive in a loss is learning from the experience: What went wrong in the game, and would another choice have been better, such as using Juniper instead of N? Does losing so badly accurately describe a majority of your games or is that an exaggeration?

Well, that's all a matter of finding the right deck. Now, what deck in this format (that doesn't require Beach) might fit that desciption?
At the moment, the only decks I know of that do this, Keldeo/Blastoise and Rayboar, pretty much need Beach if you are in the masters division. I hear Round needs Beach. You could try not playing any and waiting for your opponent to play one.

What about Empoleon?

I don't think going "all in" with OHKO is the way to go. Besides, it clearly isn't working. Maybe this style of deck is wrong for you. The deck chooses the player?
rolleyes.gif

I'm a hasty player, so I have trouble. What do you do when you find yourself doing this?
Honestly, I don't do it and I don't think I ever have. I have seen a few players do it and, based on what you were saying, it made for an appropriate example. As I said, maybe you could try holding your hands together if you feel that you are about to grab the damage counters prematurely. Try putting away spare damage counters so that there are none on the table for you to grab ahead of the attack. Try going through the opponent's discard pile to check on its inventory. It isn't just detrimental to your focus. It gives away to your opponent that you are losing control of the game from the game-play standpoint.

I see that talking about it has been productive. Focusing more on problem-solving and only sparingly confronting you head on--except about prematurely placing damage or attempting to remove a pokemon prior to the attack--appears to have been beneficial. You were able to acknowledge posts where there was exaggeration and prediction and started looking for a solution to those. Being able to identify them is important. Do you post tournament reports? That may help you get feedback from others. You would want to write in such a way that you:
**are forced to analyze the game's actions:
a) Note play-by-play actions. Who started the game and what was started. Whose pokemon was first KOed and how did the opponent of that player respond? We don't need all the small details, but the follow through of "A KOed X with attack, and then two turns later KOed Y with attack, followed by me KOing M after getting the energy with Juniper."
b) at critical plays, what were the cards in your hand? You have to decide between a N and a Juniper.
**Look at what went right and what went wrong.
a) was there a point when you did not do something, such as retreat? how did the opponent respond? Did it matter?
**help identify times that exaggeration may have compromised your focus
a) include instances where, for example, you thought about or even acted on picking up a pokemon prior to the attack
b) instances where you started thinking "The last Juniper didn't work so this next one probably won't work either" without investigating the probability of missing the cards (are they prized, did you already play them, are you not playing the cards to the fullest potential prior to the Juniper)
c) lost focus because you missed a card on Juniper and thought your opponent was able to capitalize on the "whiff," but was not able to. If they were able to, how did they do it--did they too have to work for it (having to play Juniper and jump through hoops)--and was that the way you predicted it would happen? Remember, you want to be able to plan ahead but not exaggerate. So, instead of "The opponent always has the card in hand when I miss," you need to look deeper and say "I thought my opponent would already have the energy card and I was
[wrong, but he got the energy with Colress] [wrong, and he missed the energy on Colress]" In this way, you learn how the opponent is playing because does not become an endless pattern of losses. You instead see each event on its own terms and are able to learn from each one, if your prediction ultimately was correct but not to the reasons you thought. From there, you learn how those decks are played and what to expect in future games.

Is there any thing I can "crosstrain" in that can help me manage resources in a complex manner?
I'm not sure what this means, but you are allowed to take notes in a game. Probably more useful in best of three, note what the opponent's Ace Spec is, how many energy cards you saw, maybe even some special tricks you observe the opponent likes to make. Like taking a loss positively, you will have to move on from connecting the events into a series of losses and take each one individually to identify where the game got away from you. When that happens, you will learn how those decks work.

It may be possible that the information is not being presented to you correctly.

Actually, it's one lady's quest to try and find out what separates the great players from the merely good. So far, I only have the faintest inkling.
I think this may be the wrong question. The answers you are getting are not the right ones.

As has been said, great players find people who challenge them. There used to be a group of juniors at my leagues. They sought out various masters division players and played them. Do they get held back by the same things, such as exaggerating events? At least one of them does but he pulls through. Some people are naturally able to not let a loss bother them. Others have a harder time.​

It's not that I'm not happy, period. It's that I'm only happy when I win. When I win, I can get stuff. I feel like I'm in it only for the gold and glory, and nothing else matters. What else is there to this game but the gold and glory? Can you tell me?

Spirit of the Game

As a game of skill, the Pokémon TCG is enjoyed for its complex strategies, entertaining characters, and atmosphere of friendly competition. While the objective of a Pokémon TCG tournament is to determine the skill level of each player involved, our ultimate goal is to ensure that every participant has fun. It is this attitude that Play! Pokémon wishes to emphasize during Pokémon TCG events.
Regardless of the size of the prizes on the line, adherence to the Spirit of the Game helps to ensure that all participants, including players, spectators, and event staff at a Pokémon TCG event, have an enjoyable experience. This spirit should guide the conduct of players as well as the tournament judges as they interpret and enforce the rules.

The Spirit of the Game is composed of the following tenets:

• Fun: The Pokémon TCG is a game, and games are meant to be fun for all parties involved. When a game ceases to be fun, players find other things to do.
  • Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. A player should prefer to lose a game than to win by cheating.
  • Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. If a player inadvertently breaks a rule during a game and becomes aware of the error before his or her opponent or a judge, that player should make the opponent and the judge aware of the misplay.
  • Respect: Players, spectators, and staff should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves. Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in a Pokémon TCG event.
  • Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of a game. The desire to continue playing a game can be soured by players that berate their opponents after winning or losing a match.
  • Learning: Players should strive to help each other increase their Pokémon TCG play skills. It is not a player's responsibility to make his or her opponent's plays for that opponent. However, discussing strategies, offering deck tips, or constructively critiquing game play decisions after the match has been completed helps both participants to become better players.

I realize Plasma decks are all different, but I lumped them together because, like VictiniCup mentioned, they are starting to be mixed and revised. Lugia EX is back in the game. Plasma in its form of Kyurem, Thunderous, Deoxys, I think is on its way out. Bicycle was important in the deck.

Wait, what? I never saw Bicycle in the Plasma decks I saw/played. It certainly wasn't in mine (no room). Bicycle was only for Toolbox, Virizion-based decks, and occasionally Darkrai (because Sableye).

Your friends who now work on Saturdays don't play at all anymore? They don't go to league? You all can't get together just to play?

Occasionally, they appear at Friday's league. I'm not sure how we'd meet just to play.

The positive in a loss is learning from the experience: What went wrong in the game, and would another choice have been better, such as using Juniper instead of N? Does losing so badly accurately describe a majority of your games or is that an exaggeration?

In Masters where I come from (FL), losing badly *does* accurately descibe a lot of my games. Either I can't get my initial Pokemon out in time to start attacking, or I can't get my reinforcements out fast enough when it's KO'ed. Simply put, I lose the rhythm.

At the moment, the only decks I know of that do this, Keldeo/Blastoise and Rayboar, pretty much need Beach if you are in the masters division. I hear Round needs Beach. You could try not playing any and waiting for your opponent to play one.

What about Empoleon?

In Masters where I live, Empoleon (in fact, every Stage 2 deck) has to run Beach or perish. So I don't think that will work.

I don't think going "all in" with OHKO is the way to go. Besides, it clearly isn't working. Maybe this style of deck is wrong for you. The deck chooses the player?
rolleyes.gif

If the "deck chooses the player", then it hasn't found me yet.

I'm not sure what this means, but you are allowed to take notes in a game. Probably more useful in best of three, note what the opponent's Ace Spec is, how many energy cards you saw, maybe even some special tricks you observe the opponent likes to make. Like taking a loss positively, you will have to move on from connecting the events into a series of losses and take each one individually to identify where the game got away from you. When that happens, you will learn how those decks work.

By "crosstraining", I mean if there are any activities or games that might help me to hone skills that will be helpful in the Pokemon TCG, such as managing lots of resources in a complex manner or practicing self-control.

As has been said, great players find people who challenge them. There used to be a group of juniors at my leagues. They sought out various masters division players and played them. Do they get held back by the same things, such as exaggerating events? At least one of them does but he pulls through. Some people are naturally able to not let a loss bother them. Others have a harder time.

As I mentioned above, all the players that would challenge me don't go to League. I'm not even sure where I would find them.

As for writing tournament reports, aren't those for times for when you've won or done well, not for times when you've gone 3-2, 3-3, 2-3? That hardly desrves a report. Tournament reports are for crowing about your victories, not bemoaning your defeats.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Wait, what? I never saw Bicycle in the Plasma decks I saw/played. It certainly wasn't in mine (no room).
I first saw it at Nats. It made the decks so much faster.

Occasionally, they appear at Friday's league.
How do your games with them go?

As for writing tournament reports, aren't those for times for when you've won or done well, not for times when you've gone 3-2, 3-3, 2-3? That hardly desrves a report. Tournament reports are for crowing about your victories, not bemoaning your defeats.
You need a way to learn about the decks you played against. You need a way to keep track of what you did and what worked and what did not work. In order to get other people to help you, you need a way of communicating what you did so that suggestions can be made. You need a way to reflect on instances where you lost focus and address how you could have handled it differently.

Unless you're going to record your games, either in real life or on PTCGO, and post them, you have to talk to someone somehow.

By "crosstraining", I mean if there are any activities or games that might help me to hone skills that will be helpful in the Pokemon TCG, such as managing lots of resources in a complex manner or practicing self-control.
I'm not sure. There is a game called Dominion. It is a deck-building game that has a lot of emphasis on resource management and making card combinations. At the very least, it is a very fun game.

Can I PM you my decklist (and a sample Yeti skeleton) to see what could be replaced with Bicycle?

They're some of the easy prey. Not very challenging.

You need a way to learn about the decks you played against. You need a way to keep track of what you did and what worked and what did not work. In order to get other people to help you, you need a way of communicating what you did so that suggestions can be made. You need a way to reflect on instances where you lost focus and address how you could have handled it differently.

Unless you're going to record your games, either in real life or on PTCGO, and post them, you have to talk to someone somehow.

And how is writing tournament reports (good, bad or indifferent) supposed to help with this?

I'm not sure. There is a game called Dominion. It is a deck-building game that has a lot of emphasis on resource management and making card combinations. At the very least, it is a very fun game.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it (provided it's not too expensive).

- Croatian_Nidoking

- - - Updated - - -

Can I PM you my decklist (and a sample Yeti skeleton) to see what could be replaced with Bicycle?

And how is writing tournament reports (good, bad or indifferent) supposed to help with this?

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it (provided it's not too expensive).

- Croatian_Nidoking

I haven't seen the list for the deck. I only played against it. I'll see what I can do.

This will be an issue for you. As said numerous times in the thread, great players get good/better by playing players who challenge them.

The regionals coming up, do you spend the night before at/near the event? Or do you arrive in the morning of the event?

What is it you are doing in a tournament report? How does your answer(s) compare to what I said in post #81 and #85?

The regionals coming up, do you spend the night before at/near the event? Or do you arrive in the morning of the event?

Well, I always spend the night before at the event. I actively enjoy the pre-game tournament. Afterwards, I'll enjoy the sights of the town a little bit (just to relax and unwind), have dinner, and go to sleep. Still, few to no truly challenging players attend those tournaments.

What is it you are doing in a tournament report? How does your answer(s) compare to what I said in post #81 and #85?

Having never done one in my life, what is it one is supposed to do in a tournament report? All the ones I've seen crow about victories, never moan about defeats.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Well, I always spend the night before at the event. I actively enjoy the pre-game tournament.
You should hang out in a common area, like a lobby, where others are playing or may be likely to play. Ask random people you see testing if they would be willing to test a game with you. Along the way, others may watch and they may be inclined to offer advice if you appear to not know what your best plays are. If you cannot get a game immediately, watch games that are going on so that you can pick up general strategies, like how to use cards, and how more specific decks operate.

Having never done one in my life, what is it one is supposed to do in a tournament report? All the ones I've seen crow about victories, never moan about defeats.
You should summarize your games. What did you do to set up a play, what were critical plays (both yours and your opponents), what KOed what and with what and if it had a lasting impact on the game then what was that impact. You should focus on addressing what I said in post #81 because you need to work on that.

I can say it is fun but I did not know it would help me with pokemon awesome!

Yeah, I don't know what to say about the effectiveness of playing one game in order to get better at another. At best, it would be a subtle learning than a noticeable change. I chose Dominion because it has more emphasis on card combinations, choosing the cards you need to make combinations in your deck and then playing them in a certain order when conforming to limits on actions. Maybe seeing them there will help see them in Pokemon. Not sure.

In Pokemon, knowing what your opponent's deck can do is a big advantage. Croatian_Nidoking, would it be helpful for you to continue the card combination list I started? Write down the decks that you know, then write down those deck's signature card combinations that make those decks work.

For Plasma and Bicycle, speaking generically, run less Skyla.

In Pokemon, knowing what your opponent's deck can do is a big advantage. Croatian_Nidoking, would it be helpful for you to continue the card combination list I started? Write down the decks that you know, then write down those deck's signature card combinations that make those decks work.

I already know what my opponents' decks can do, e. g. Darkrai runs Darkrai, Sableye, often Absol, and occasionally Garbodor; Virgen runs Virizion, Genesect, Bouffalant, and sometimes Tropius; and so forth. It's just that all too often, my opponent outspeeds me or I jump the gun on things or I panic when I have no Trainer cards that can help me. How could I make a deck - any deck - run as fast and as smoothly as possible without access to Beach?

For Plasma and Bicycle, speaking generically, run less Skyla.

Seeing as I run 2 Skyla in everything, that would practically force me to run nil, which would not be good. You need at least one. And 1 random Bicycle in a deck would be...odd.

- Croatian_Nidoking

First of all, y'all need to quit being jerks to her. It's obvious she is trying to get help--sometimes it's hard for people to look past the negative and actually see the good advice. Some people are naturally more pessimistic, and she's trying to improve but some of the suggestions were very abstract and she's been trying to get to the practical.

Second, applause to ShadowCard for being patient and caring enough about SOTG to help her. Bravo.

Now, third, in which I address Croatian_Nidoking. I've had a lot of the same problems as you, hun. I've been playing on-and-off for around 10 years now (maybe 3 or 4 seasons total, probably), and other than my 04-05 season as a Jr (10-) player, I've basically scrubbed worse than Cinderella. One of my dreams is also to get to Worlds someday, and at times, I have been fed up with losing enough to consider just judging events. Thankfully, my friends all encouraged me to keep playing, and with that I've been able to play against Worlds-qualifying players that care enough to help me learn.

It's hard when you feel like you can't win. OK had 4 CCs; my first two I went 0-X and 1-X, and seriously considered just quitting the game and judging. I was playing Darkrai variants, and not doing well with it--a good deck, yes, but one that I couldn't work right for me. My friends and I all strongly believe in "your deck," a deck that you do well with. Testing various decks (either on PlayTCG, PTCGO, in person with friends using proxies, whatever) helps you find that deck. They'll come up with a random deck idea, test it, and fall in love with the deck. It just happens that way. They got me to try Tooldrop (which is kind of rampant here; 3, including mine, at our last CC). I proceeded to get 4th and 3rd place in our next 2 CCs, the latter of which I was undefeated until last round.

It took perseverance to even do that, though. When I wanted to try a different deck, they told me no, I had to learn Tooldrop. I played it so often that I practically had my list memorized--and it was a list I didn't build myself, which made it even more surprising. It took getting a little frustrated when I'd lose repeatedly to Darkrai. It took talking through my games with my friends, asking "Is this a stupid move?" "What could I have done better?" "Do you think I should play this or this?". It took learning to play calmly, turn by turn, while also thinking of what I'm going to do next. I had to learn to not let my emotions get the best of me--which, as you know, is hard for us girls!! My boyfriend's told me repeatedly to play calm and not let my emotions get ahead of me. The second you lose control of your emotions, you lose control of your gameplay. Even between rounds, my friends made me stay calm, because even that matters.

Most of all, though, I had to learn that it's just a game. A children's game at that. When you have an "I must win" attitude, it makes every loss harder. I've seen it destroy some really good players. It's the biggest difference between the good and the great. The great take a loss, make mental notes (even in the middle of a game) of what they could've done better, and move on.

My most practical advice, which seems to be what you most desire, is to befriend people both at league and major tournaments. When you go to regionals, talk to your opponents--heck, talk to people who aren't your opponents! Friend them on FB. Try to play them online, if you can. See if you can play the local ones, or invite them to your league. Maybe even do small tournaments at your league (after or another day)--that's what we do in OK, in both of our big areas. At my league, we have sign-up/"league" time and then a tournament, then go to another location and have another tournament. These will also attract the "better" players, which can then give you more competition and help you find mentors.

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Asking for help here was a great first step, but try to keep people's advice in the back of your mind, and stay positive about it. When someone says to learn self-control, ask yourself what that would mean for you and observe yourself in your games, and see what hurts you. If you notice yourself getting hasty (like the moving the Pokemon example), or getting frustrated with the fact that X card you needed is prized, try to control that in the future, doing whatever is necessary (deep breaths, choosing not to let it bother you, etc).

And definitely take advantage of the fact you live in FL!! I wish I lived closer to where Regionals are held--we have to drive quite a ways to get to ours. Consider that a definite blessing and be happy that you get the chance to compete in major tournaments with minimal traveling. :)

…Definitely feel like I chased a few rabbits, but I hope I got my point across. Best of luck, and I hope to meet you at Nats or something, girlie! :)

Now, third, in which I address Croatian_Nidoking. I've had a lot of the same problems as you, hun. I've been playing on-and-off for around 10 years now (maybe 3 or 4 seasons total, probably), and other than my 04-05 season as a Jr (10-) player, I've basically scrubbed worse than Cinderella. One of my dreams is also to get to Worlds someday, and at times, I have been fed up with losing enough to consider just judging events. Thankfully, my friends all encouraged me to keep playing, and with that I've been able to play against Worlds-qualifying players that care enough to help me learn.

It's probably easier for you; you live in OK, where the players are a lot less competitive (although you're next to TX, a very competitive state as far as I've heard). I live in FL, quite possibly *the* most competitive state in the Union. The milieu matters.

It's hard when you feel like you can't win. OK had 4 CCs; my first two I went 0-X and 1-X, and seriously considered just quitting the game and judging. I was playing Darkrai variants, and not doing well with it--a good deck, yes, but one that I couldn't work right for me. My friends and I all strongly believe in "your deck," a deck that you do well with. Testing various decks (either on PlayTCG, PTCGO, in person with friends using proxies, whatever) helps you find that deck. They'll come up with a random deck idea, test it, and fall in love with the deck. It just happens that way. They got me to try Tooldrop (which is kind of rampant here; 3, including mine, at our last CC). I proceeded to get 4th and 3rd place in our next 2 CCs, the latter of which I was undefeated until last round.

Problem is, I don't really have any friends with which to test with. I'm a loner. And every time I try to playtest on PlayTCG or PTCGO, it's either the bottom-feeders (on Beginner) or I feel like I'm being forced into a suicide charge (on Expert). It's hard to learn from either situation.

It took perseverance to even do that, though. When I wanted to try a different deck, they told me no, I had to learn Tooldrop. I played it so often that I practically had my list memorized--and it was a list I didn't build myself, which made it even more surprising. It took getting a little frustrated when I'd lose repeatedly to Darkrai. It took talking through my games with my friends, asking "Is this a stupid move?" "What could I have done better?" "Do you think I should play this or this?". It took learning to play calmly, turn by turn, while also thinking of what I'm going to do next. I had to learn to not let my emotions get the best of me--which, as you know, is hard for us girls!! My boyfriend's told me repeatedly to play calm and not let my emotions get ahead of me. The second you lose control of your emotions, you lose control of your gameplay. Even between rounds, my friends made me stay calm, because even that matters.

I feel your pain. And I have problems containing my emotions more than most people. How did you learn to play calmly and not let your emotions get the best of you? Were there any tricks or techniques that helped you stay calm?

Most of all, though, I had to learn that it's just a game. A children's game at that. When you have an "I must win" attitude, it makes every loss harder. I've seen it destroy some really good players. It's the biggest difference between the good and the great. The great take a loss, make mental notes (even in the middle of a game) of what they could've done better, and move on.

(Italics mine.) I've grown up in such a cut-throat environment that oftentimes I've felt that the only options were to win or go home. Maybe that's why I've let things get out of control so much. Maybe if I did calm down and keep this in mind, it would help me out of this funk?

My most practical advice, which seems to be what you most desire, is to befriend people both at league and major tournaments. When you go to regionals, talk to your opponents--heck, talk to people who aren't your opponents! Friend them on FB. Try to play them online, if you can. See if you can play the local ones, or invite them to your league. Maybe even do small tournaments at your league (after or another day)--that's what we do in OK, in both of our big areas. At my league, we have sign-up/"league" time and then a tournament, then go to another location and have another tournament. These will also attract the "better" players, which can then give you more competition and help you find mentors.

Like I said, I have trouble making friends. I even have trouble recruiting people for my League. Can you give me advice?

- Croatian_Nidoking

It's probably easier for you; you live in OK, where the players are a lot less competitive (although you're next to TX, a very competitive state as far as I've heard). I live in FL, quite possibly *the* most competitive state in the Union. The milieu matters.

Don't think about where you come from or whatever. Like I said, we have Worlds-qualifying players even here, and these are the guys I play with weekly. Being able to play with the competitive players helps you improve, and yes, it's different for every state. But I will say, the Okies have gone down to TX and won stuff before, so we're not necessarily weak up here. Haha. Regardless, my point is that it might be "easier," but it's still hard to get up to the ranks even here.

Problem is, I don't really have any friends with which to test with. I'm a loner. And every time I try to playtest on PlayTCG or PTCGO, it's either the bottom-feeders (on Beginner) or I feel like I'm being forced into a suicide charge (on Expert). It's hard to learn from either situation.

Well, often you can communicate with your opponent. Maybe not so much on PTCGO, but definitely on PlayTCG (after all, it's necessary on the latter). Tell them you're trying to improve your skills and ask for help with that. Also, focusing on the fact that you're a "loner" doesn't help anybody. Like I said, stay positive! This game is meant to build friendships. For me, it was the majority of my social life growing up (I was home schooled). You just can't put yourself in a loner box.

I feel your pain. And I have problems containing my emotions more than most people. How did you learn to play calmly and not let your emotions get the best of you? Were there any tricks or techniques that helped you stay calm?

Honestly, I still haven't perfected this. I don't think anybody ever does, especially girls. It really just ties in with focus, and thought processing. If you can put yourself in a zone, honing in on the game and nothing else, then emotions kinda go away on their own, I guess. It sounds really weird, but in some of my tough T4/T8 match ups (like when I had to face my boyfriend in T8), I just had to focus on the game and let everything else go. That kind of focus looks different for everyone, though. I can't really tell you how to control YOUR emotions, because you're different than I am. All I can say is, breathe. Haha.

(Italics mine.) I've grown up in such a cut-throat environment that oftentimes I've felt that the only options were to win or go home. Maybe that's why I've let things get out of control so much. Maybe if I did calm down and keep this in mind, it would help me out of this funk?

Absolutely. The funk is only there because of that cut-throat mentality. Once you let go of that and learn to enjoy the game again, instead of thinking of it as an investment of time/money, then losses won't bug you so much. It might help watching some of the kids at your league play. Whenever I get frustrated with my performance, I like to watch Jrs/Srs and just see how much joy they get out of playing. It reminds me of why I play this game in the first place--because I was them once.

Like I said, I have trouble making friends. I even have trouble recruiting people for my League. Can you give me advice?

- Croatian_Nidoking

Just be friendly. Honestly, that's another thing that you can't really get advice on. You'll find people that click with you, you just have to talk to people to try to find them. Not everyone's going to like you (there's people at my league I butt heads with… all the time), but that's okay. There'll be people that you meet that absolutely adore you and will become your best Pokemon playing pals. (I had to do the alliteration.)

Best of luck making friends and relearning to love Pokemon. :D

You're first goal should be to quit making excuses. How about you try that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

^ ...and your first goal shoudl be to keep out of this thread. As Nikki said, you're being too hard on me.

Nikki, thanks for all those kind words. You've been even more supprtive than ShadowCard has, if that's possible. I guess that comes with being a girl. :)

- Croatian_Nidoking

Back