Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

P_A

Oh man, I gotta say I'm sooo glad that pokebank/transfer is out, so now we can pick up the pokemon from earlier games. However, ... it's such a pain that once everything is done being transfered, I doubt I'll ever want to use it again - except in dire circumstances - for example if I want to restart my Pokemon X game. I find it worse than tedious that it only transfers box 1 of the earlier games, and once you do that, you MUST go to pokebank to move them to where you want to keep them - either to your X/Y game, or to another box on pokebank ONE POKEMON AT A TIME! God Almighty, what a step back from Pokemon Box! Maybe my memory is faulty (correct me if I'm wrong), but at least with that game we could move a box at a time, and more than one box while using the game! That totally sucks. I'd even be happier if we could move a whole row or column of pokemon at a time. This is gonna take me a month to get everything I want where I want them!

Not only that, but certain pokemon that were traded to me that I later found out to be hacked pokemon still got through (a level 27 Lugia), and pokemon that I know are definitely totally legal pokemon (Black Kyurem) couldn't be transfered. What a joke. I guess the joke's on us.

Well, that's a bit of relief anyway. Now I just need to remember how to separate Black Kyurem and that will solve most of my problem with it.

Certain forms of Pokemon like Origin Giratina and Black/White Kyurem cannot be transferred. If you want to transfer those Pokemon, they must first be changed into the normal form. So you'll have to transfer your Zekrom and Kyruem separately. Then in X/Y when you show a certain NPC Kyurem, they will give you the key item needed to transform into Black/White Kyurem in game. Black/Kyurem cannot be deposited in Pokemon Bank, but you can get them in 6th gen by the method I just said.

Edit: Also for the likes of Origin Giratina, there are similar NPCs which you show the Pokemon to to get the special item for the forme change.

Last edited:
Well that makes sense. Don't a lot of those Pokemon rely on an item to change? And you can't transfer items over.

I had to move Pokemon from HG/SS/PT to B2 and then from B/W/B2 to X. Boy did it take a while.

I hate I had to leave all my great equips behind, and I can never restart my X or I'll lose all my Mega stones, so yeah.

I'd be willing to trade your pokemon to my game with your items on them, then once you get your pokedex in the new game I'd trade them back to you. Let me know if you're interested.

Transferring from B2W2 was certainly easier than managing BW (no idea why they nerfed mass movements in HGSS and BW) At least it's less time consuming than it was with past gens. I do wish that you could easily alternate between Bank and Transfer, would make life a bit easier.

Edit: Also for the likes of Origin Giratina, there are similar NPCs which you show the Pokemon to to get the special item for the forme change.

A little nitpick, but the Griseous Orb is found in the Terminus Cave, not from an NPC, but it is true most Pokemon (Keldeo, Meloetta, Kyurem, etc) get the items/moves needed from other NPCs. (Deoxys excluded which uses the meteors in the fossil lab)

Back