Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Increased Shiny Rate

TheRolesWePlay

I'm sure most people are familiar with the enhanced shiny rate in XY, and given my recent experiences (hatching 3 shinies, and catching/encountering at least 6 more in the past week alone) I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing similar results as I have or not.

Seriously this is a major step up to my 2 normal shinies since RS released.

Even with the shiny charm, mesudo method, and plenty of time logged: nothing. My last shiny Encounter was in White, a Scraggy which is my 3rd shiny encounter ever. I stink at the "chain" grass method, and chain fishing is also not a gold mine either.

There should be a Pokemon that allows you to choose it's appearence. Like, you are able to select 5 features and select between 10 colors. Eye and hair color could be 2, while say the Pokemon has stripes you could change colors to. Or swap a pattern choice for another pattern.

Meh............. I say even with some influence things like the shiny charm: shinies are still scarce in the majority pool.

In XY, I actually hatched a shiny Piplup without even wanting one. And i found a shiny Scraggy, Tauros, and Floatzel in hordes. The latter two in the same week. The most shinies I've ever obtained in one game.

Back in Diamond version, i found a shiny Starly, not even 5 min into the story mode, and a shiny Swellow from the PokeRadar.

They only seem to show up when I'm NOT trying. So people, stop trying XD

Never have "tried" to obtain one, lol. My last wild encounter shiny (Scraggy in bw2) was by way of my what- 30th consecutive Max-Repel wearing off (was going after the remaining TM's I didn't get during story mode after E4)- and *poof* shiny Scraggy.

So, without trying- and purposefully not looking to have any encounters- I find one :)

Maybe I got lucky, cause I have seen 3 in the game & caught 2 of them.

2 were in random friend Safari's when I was just leveling up random Pokemon.
One was an Espurr, the other Lilipup.

The 3rd was when I was chain fishing (try putting Malamar at the lead position) and using the Old Rod for Luvdisc (stealing Heart Scales) then about 15-20 casts & poof gold Luvdisc.
I quickly switched to the False Swiper and hit it, and then it used Take Down...

Other than those the only non-event/non-set shiny I ever got was a shiny Venipede when I was doing the Route Dexes in Black 2. Needed a Venipede for one of them (near the beginning of the game) and went into the darker grass where they were more common, poof first one was a shiny.
I did catch it, and now it's part of "Team Shiny" which includes the Haxorous & Garchomp you can get in Black 2.

Rumor has it that tipping the various characters highly in game increase your probability of finding shiny pokemon.

^ I heard that as well- either a good rumor or just a coincidence. More testing on that needs to happen in order to confirm this- as I do not really see the point in tipping in the first place as there is no real point but a loss in your cash....... tipping has to due something...........................

It may have been coincidental, but my first play through I didn't tip or tipped minorly, and found nothing. Second play through and I tipped highest option each time and found a shiny ditto in the friend saffari after catching nearly a box worth.

I am not sure if tipping is doing anything or not- this is tough to prove/disprove, lol. Any one else getting results? Lot of tipping, no shiny(s) encountering.

This could be the best Pokémon VG trolling move ever...........................

I have yet to hatch or encounter a shiny. Others I know have at least 3-4 shinnies. Some are FS, some are hatched, and some are wild. I believe it to be the simple matter of beating the odds. You can chain for shinnies (radar and fishing), increase the chances with the item, and try the mesudo method. And also include the RNG method.

All in all- at least the complaint levels are way down on obtaining shinnies in the game for what ever method you choose.

Maybe it's just time for me to get lucky, I've found 2 shinies now in the span of 2 weeks just by going about my normal activities (ev training and leveling). Granted, Liepard and Gulpin, eh, but this is the most shinies I've found since 4th gen (also got 2 on there, but had a lot more played time too).

Back