Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Video Game Rules Update -- No ID's

EeveeLover

Member Services Administrator
Today, Section 6 in the Pokemon Video Game Formats and Rules document was updated with the following statement.

"Players may not intentionally play a match to a tie nor agree to record a match as a tie without playing."

According to VG Tournament Planner Chris Brown with TPCi, "The penalty for violating this rule should be a double-game loss. In other words: Intentional draws in the Pokémon VG are now expressly forbidden."

My guess is that this is effective today and will cover the upcoming VGC Regional Events.

This does not affect TCG - Video Game only.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/about/tournaments-rules-and-resources/

Good to see it being clarified, as otherwise since it wasn't stated, that's probably what led to some confusion at Regionals. Sure it's technically about impossible to tie normally in vgc under normal circumstances, but it never said anything about IDs, which just arrived back in the TCG as well (and lets face it, the people running these are mostly TCG guys so I'd just as soon assume it's allowed if I didn't see anything specific), so it's good they wrote it in stone now.

This is a rule I really appreciate. Step up the rules for VGC. I should look to see if they still want native Pokemon and not transfer pokemon.

As it should be.

"Are you tieing?! Tieing!! There's no tieing in Pokémon!!!"
-- A Pokémon League of Their Own

Back