Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2014 US Nationals TCG and VGC Information Posted

EeveeLover

Member Services Administrator
This evening (in Florida) TPCi posted the information including requirements and prizes for both the TCG and VGC Us Nationals events.

Here is the link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/national-championships/

Here is the TCG Info:

POKÉMON TCG NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

national_championships_logo_en.png

The US National Championships will be held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, from Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6, with check-in Thursday, July 3.
Events at the Indiana Convention Center will begin Friday, July 4, at 8 a.m., with a variety of tournaments going all day in addition to the US National Championships.
The address of the Indiana Convention Center is:
100 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225-1071
REGISTRATION

Online registration will open in May and remain open until all seats have been filled, or until 9 p.m. Thursday, July 3. Links to the online registration form will be posted when it becomes available.
Players may use on-site terminals to register online Thursday, July 3, between 4 and 6 p.m.
There will be no on-site registration Friday, July 4.
Registration Requirements:
Masters Division: 10 Play! Points and a $30 entry fee, payable online
Junior and Senior Division: 5 Play! Points

• All TCG players checking in on Thursday will receive a Nationals T-shirt, while supplies last.
  • Masters Division players will receive 7 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire with their registration.
  • Registration will be guaranteed to the first 270 Junior Division players, 324 Senior Division players, and 972 Masters Division players. While we will attempt to accommodate every player who wishes to participate, we cannot guarantee seating beyond these limits.
  • The Pokémon TCG US National Championships is open to legal residents of the US only. Residency in this case is defined as a person who legally resides in the United States or one of its territories, not necessarily a US citizen.
Thursday, July 3

• On-site check-in for all preregistered players. Check back for registration details.
Friday, July 4

• Last-chance player check-in: 7–7:30 a.m.
  • Player meeting: 8–8:30 a.m.
  • Between 6 and 9 Swiss rounds will be played, depending on divisional attendance.
All players must be in their assigned seats with completed deck lists by 8 a.m. for the start of the player meeting. Players who are not seated at this time risk being dropped from the tournament.
Saturday, July 5

• Day 2 of Swiss rounds will begin at 8 a.m.
    • Please see the tables found here for information on number of rounds, and cuts based on attendance.
    • Players not in their seats by 8 a.m. will receive a game loss for the first round and will be dropped from the event if they have not reported by the end of that round.
  • After the Swiss rounds are complete, the top 8 matches (quarterfinals) will be played.
  • Time permitting, the top 4 matches (semi-finals) will be played on stage in this order: Junior Division, Senior Division, Masters Division.
Sunday, July 6

• The final round will be played on stage in this order: Junior Division, Senior Division, Masters Division.
    • Players must be checked in and ready to play by 8 a.m., or they will forfeit their first game. Players not in their seats by 8:15 a.m. will forfeit their second game, and thereby, the match.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?

Prizes are awarded to the top 32 players in each age division.
The divisions are as follows:
Junior Division: Born in 2003 or later
Senior Division: Born in 1999, 2000, 2001, or 2002
Masters Division: Born in 1998 or earlier
1st Place

• A Pokémon TCG National Championships First-Place Trophy
  • 500 Championship Points
  • A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2014 World Championships
  • A scholarship award worth $5,000. Click here for scholarship details and restrictions
  • A combination of 72 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 144 booster packs
2nd Place

• A Pokémon TCG National Championships Second-Place Trophy
  • 500 Championship Points (if division attendance is 4 or greater)
  • A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2014 World Championships
  • A scholarship award worth $3,000. Click here for scholarship details and restrictions
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 144 booster packs
3rd & 4th Place

• A Pokémon TCG National Championships Semi-Finalist Trophy
  • 500 Championship Points (if division attendance is 8 or greater)
  • A scholarship award worth $1,500. Click here for scholarship details and restrictions
  • A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 72 booster packs
5th through 8th Place

• 500 Championship Points (if division attendance is 32 or greater)
  • For Masters Division players: A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2014 World Championships
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 36 booster packs
9th through 16th Place

• 150 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 36 booster packs
17th through 32nd Place

• 100 Championship Points (if division attendance is 128 or greater)
  • A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
    • Masters Division players receive an additional 18 booster packs
33rd through 64th Place

• 80 Championship Points (if division attendance is 256 or greater)
  • Masters Division players receive 18 booster packs
65th through 128h Place

• 50 Championship Points (if division attendance is 512 or greater)
  • Masters Division players receive 9 booster packs

And the VGC Info:

POKÉMON VG NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

national_championships_logo_en.png

The US National Championships for the Pokémon Video Game Championship Series will be held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, from Friday, July 4, through Sunday, July 6. Registration details will come at a later date.
The VG tournament at the Indiana Convention Center will begin Friday, July 4, at 8 a.m., for Masters Division players, and a variety of side tournaments and League play will go on during the weekend in addition to the US National Championships. Junior and Senior Division players will play Saturday, July 5, beginning at 10 a.m.
The Pokémon TCG tournament will begin Friday, July 4. More information on the TCG can be found here.

The address of the Indiana Convention Center is:
100 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225-1071

Events at the US National Championships will take place on three consecutive days, with each day’s activities outlined below.

Details regarding preregistration will be available at a later time.

Thursday, July 3
Friday, July 4
Saturday, July 5
Sunday, July 6

WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?

Prizes are awarded to the top players in each age division.
The divisions are as follows:
Junior Division: Born in 2003 or later
Senior Division: Born in 1999, 2000, 2001, or 2002
Masters Division: Born in 1998 or earlier

1st Place

• A Pokémon VG National Championships First-Place Trophy
  • 480 Championship Points
  • A Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set
  • Other great Pokémon-themed merchandise!
2nd Place

• A Pokémon VG National Championships Second-Place Trophy
  • 440 Championship Points
  • A Nintendo 3DS XL system
3rd & 4th Place

• A Pokémon VG National Championships Semi-Finalist Trophy
  • 360 Championship Points
  • A Nintendo 3DS XL system
5th through 8th Place

• 210 Championship Points
9th through 16th Place

• 150 Championship Points
  • A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
17th through 32nd Place

• 90 Championship Points
  • A combination of 8 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
33rd through 64th Place

• 30 Championship Points (if division attendance is 128 or greater)
  • A combination of 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
65th through 128th Place

• 15 Championship Points (if division attendance is 256 or greater)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY AT THE US NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS?

• There are no eligibility requirements for players in good standing for the Pokémon video game tournament.
  • The Pokémon VG US National Championships is open to all players, regardless of their country of residency.
  • Preregistration information will be available at a later time.
TRAVEL AWARDS AND STIPENDS

Following the US National Championships, the top 4 players in each age division, based on final season Championship Point standings in North America, will receive a Travel Award and invitation to the 2014 World Championships. The top 16 players in each age division, based on final season Championship Point standings, will receive an invitation to the 2014 World Championships.
Players who received Championship Points from the 2013 World Championships will have them factored into their rankings following the 2014 US National Championships.
If a player from the 2013 World Championships who is already guaranteed an invitation or Travel Award finishes in the top 16 of the final season Championship Point rankings, that Travel Award or invitation will pass down.

Another year of not being able to play at nationals after judging all year. Guess i need to quit judging. Let's hear a good reason for that from the company.

Last edited:
And what about those who judge and are not Professors?

Unless a person has a role with us I have no way of tracking any volunteer activities they take part in. I can't see it, I can't track it, and therefore I have absolutely no way to reward them for it.

We have volunteer roles like "Professor" because a company like our must have standards in place for folks who would like to be a part of our programs. While I am sure that it would be very nice for folks to be able to take advantage of volunteer incentives without having to deal with all of the annoying requirements that volunteers are held to; that is not how our program works. This is not some arbitrary thing either. Believe it or not, we have very good reasons for these requirements.

The long and short of it is that anyone who takes the time to qualify and sign up for those programs get the benefits of that membership. Anyone who does not qualify or sign up for those programs does not get the benefits of membership.

Unless a person has a role with us I have no way of tracking any volunteer activities they take part in. I can't see it, I can't track it, and therefore I have absolutely no way to reward them for it.

We have volunteer roles like "Professor" because a company like our must have standards in place for folks who would like to be a part of our programs. While I am sure that it would be very nice for folks to be able to take advantage of volunteer incentives without having to deal with all of the annoying requirements that volunteers are held to; that is not how our program works. This is not some arbitrary thing either. Believe it or not, we have very good reasons for these requirements.

The long and short of it is that anyone who takes the time to qualify and sign up for those programs get the benefits of that membership. Anyone who does not qualify or sign up for those programs does not get the benefits of membership.

I thought the TO's give a list of who they have judge for them? If not that would be an easy way to keep track. And one more question. If you don't have the play points will you be allowed to play in side events and league play?

And thanks for all your answers Biggie.

Last edited:
I thought the TO's give a list of who they have judge for them? If not that would be an easy way to keep track. And one more question. If you don't have the play points will you be allowed to play in side events and league play?
When you log into your trainer club account, scroll down past the leagues and tournaments sections. The next section (in my account) is the judge history section. Do you have that section? If so, then yes there is some tracking going on.

I wonder if what Biggie is referring to is the professor points. Credit for being a judge is just credit without the professor program to back up the credit with points. You have judged but you have no points. If it is the points that are being used to search for the volunteers and then those points converted into the NES, then for you there would be nothing to convert.

Better Question... why not just take the professor exam and get Professorship. If you have been judging for years, you can surely pass the professor exam.

Because unlike a lot of judges i don't to it to see what i can get out of it.

VGC sure wishes we got scholarships and travel awards to Worlds over some badly selling Wii U :(

Gonna guess we don't get a tshirt either. Though I am curious, if that is the case, can I "sign up" for the TCG and pay for the packs/tshirt, but then just play VGC anyways like I'm planning to?

Last edited:
Because unlike a lot of judges i don't to it to see what i can get out of it.

You can play in Nationals without the Play! Point Requirement.

You can play in the Professor Cup.

You have access to a great resource, the Professor part of the Organized Play Forums.

You can buy things from the Professor Store.

only giving 150 cp to 9th-16th really seems like the shaft....

also limiting the number of players per division seems like a terrible idea. seems like we had alot more than 972 masters last year, but i could be wrong

also limiting the number of players per division seems like a terrible idea. seems like we had alot more than 972 masters last year, but i could be wrong

There was, but MA numbers have been universally down this year for whatever reason (probably the entry fees).

With there being the $30 entry fee, I suspect the Masters attendance will be not insignificantly down, but that the overall quality of play will be significantly up. (Not trying to bash on quote-unquote "casual" players at all, but I think it's fair to say that, for the most part, entry fees for premier events is going to tend to weed out the super-casuals who only have enough PP to play because of league and prereleases.)

only giving 150 cp to 9th-16th really seems like the shaft....

That number is there every year, it's not mattered once.

evil psyduck, if you stay out of the program on principle, I don't understand the problem/complaint.

How many play points do you have?

Back