Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flash Fire pull rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have only purchased 11 packs. 8 loose and 3 packaged together with a promo holo.

The 8 packs gave me;

#12 Charizard EX
#35 Magnezone EX

The three pack gave me;

#11 Charizard EX

Which worked out fine as I had bought the 3 pack for the promo and black flip coin.

Plan to buy a box sometime this week. No rush as I got the trainers I was after for the most part in my first 11 packs.

I have a question...has anyone noticed that they pull better out "Kangaskhan" packs than anything else? Out of 5 individual boxes I've opened, I've noticed more than 80% of EXs, SR, FA Trainers have come out of the "Kangaskhan" packs. Coincidence?

~stuckinoh08~

I went to prerelease and post-release (17 packs in total) and pulled nothing to send home about, but the pull rates look incredible from both other people I've seen at re/post-release and the (full) booster box rates.

I guess I just got the luckiest pulls in the world.. but I pulled a Secret Rare Mega Charizard Y(107/106) and a Khanga EX + 4 Holos (rhyperior, druddigon, and 2 carbink) out of 9 flashfire packs.. Not sure which came out of what, but I bought 4 Single Packs, one 3pack blister, and the Charizard EX Box(had 2 XY packs). I actually just came across this thread trying to figure out what chance it was I pulled that Secret rare?

Hahahahahaha!!!

And yes this is most certainly true! I think trollAndtoad is selling a Flashfire box for $90? Thatd be $2.50 a pack which seems like a great deal. Is this correct?

Yes, seems about right. Maybe back in the 90's you could find an authentic pack for $1.50 but not anymore unless someone's really desperate to unload some packs for whatever reason. And it's even less likely that anyone who weighs packs will be willing to sell good packs at that price.

viper111: Ok. Like I said, Pokemon has lost more customers through the years due to them losing interest in collecting or because they caved in to peer pressure and decided they're too old for Pokemon, compared to the amount of buyers that they've lost due to pack weighers. Pokemon is still doing well last time I checked. They have yet to be severely affected by the loss of upset customers.

I used to pick the last pack of any row when it came time to maybe get a pack of cards. I always thought the last pack was the luckiest.

I used to pick the last pack of any row when it came time to maybe get a pack of cards. I always thought the last pack was the luckiest.

I always felt like the best packs were in the middle. But the order doesn't seem to matter much, I've had instances where all the heavy packs were back-to-back on one row while bad packs were on the other side. Other times the good packs were equally mixed in with the bad ones on any of the rows.

So far I've bought 40 Flashfire packs so out of the 400 cards this is what I got.
Caterpie 12
Metapod 2
Butterfree 3
Pineco 5
Seedot 6
Nuzleaf 6
Shiftry 2
Roselia 7
Roserade 3
Maractus 5
CharizardEX 1
Ponyta 11
Rapidash 3
Torkoal 2
Fletchinder 4
Litleo 2
Litleo 10
Pyroar 2
Qwilfish 7
Feebas 5
Spheal 7
Sealeo 5
Walrein 3
Luvdisc 5
Buizel 9
Floatzel 4
Bergmite 8
Avalugg 7
Shinx 4
Luxio 4
Luxray 2
Helioptile 10
Duskull 10
Dusclops 5
Dusknoir 1
ToxicroakEX 1
Espurr 8
Meowstic 5
Skrelp 6
Geodude 5
Graveler 3
Binacle 7
Barbaracle 1
Sneasel 3
Sneasel 4
Weavile 1
Stunky 4
Stunky 6
Skuntank 1
Sandile 9
Krokorok 4
Scraggy 3
Scrafty 1
Forretress 5
Durant 2
Flabébé 5
Flabébé 4
Floette 2
Floette 3
Spritzee 10
MegaCharizardEX 1
Druddigon 2
Dragalge 1
Goomy 6
Sliggoo 5
Goodra 1
Pidgey 11
Pidgeotto 6
MegaKangaskhanEX 1
Sentret 3
Furret 2
Miltank 2
Buneary 11
Lopunny 2
Fletchling 10
Furfrou 6
Blacksmith 4
Fiery Torch 7
Lysandre 2
Magnetic Storm 5
Pal Pad 3
Pokémon Center Lady 3
Pokémon Fan Club 3
Protection Cube 5
Sacred Ash 5
Startling Megaphone 1
Trick Shovel 5
Ultra Ball 2

So I recently picked up both of those 3 pack blisters (seems only Walmart had them, not Target).
At least we get them this time...

Anyhow out of those 6 boosters I got 2 EX cards.
Charizard EX (the "meh" one again)
Mega Kangaskhan EX

Our box has been pretty good
we got a M Kangastan EX SR, One Good Charizard EX and one Bad Charizard EX, a Toxicroak EX and a FA Poke Family. Still 8 packs to go but I would be suprized to pull anything else at this point.

Guess today was one of those days where a glitch sets me back... Pulled 2 dud packs out of 8 blisters, but at least I got a FA Lysandre and another M Kangaskhan to make up for it. Rest were holos including one Pyroar

My box contained five ultra rares: one of each "regular" Charizard EX, the secret-rare Fire-type Charizard EX, Toxicroak EX, and Kangaskhan EX.

I found it interesting that on each side of the box, the first uncommon predicted the other two. For example, on the right-hand side of my box, there were two consecutive packs for which the uncommons were (in this order) Ultra Ball, Graveler, Trick Shovel. As it turns out, I got 18 sets of three-uncommon ordered triplets: 9 different sets on each side.

Thus, I either got 2 or 4 of each uncommon, excluding any parallel-foil uncommons that I got. Of the Trainer cards, I only got 2 Blacksmith, Lysandre, Sacred Ash, and Trick Shovel; I got four of all the others.

(Annoyingly, 20 of the 36 parallel-foil cards were commons.)

I do agree that some of the rares aren't really rare-calibre in this set. Why is Carbink a holo, for example?

Last edited:
The commons have been weird for me. As in, each pair of packs (a pack and the one immediately below it in the box) have identical commons. I've seen that happen in at least a couple of boxes already.

Only read the 1st page page, but Target and walmart do not break the street date. Vendors do. I say enjoy it, unless you have a business where it hurts you.

Btw, It took me 28 Packs till I pulled an ultra Rare or higher, waiting on my box

Box 1:

Goodra
Carbink
Milotic
Dusknoir
Florges
Druddigon
Shiftry (RH)
Pyroar
Toxicroak EX
Charizard EX (Combustion Blast)
Kangaskhan EX FA
Magnezone EX FA
M Charizard EX Gold (Dragon)

Box 2:

Carbink (RH)
Milotic (RH)
Goodra x2
Florges
Shiftry x2
Dusknoir
Milotic
Pyroar
Toxicroak EX
Charizard EX (Combustion Blast)
M Kangaskhan EX
Toxicroak EX FA
Pokemon Fan Club FA

Box 3:

Goodra x2 (1 RH)
Druddigon
Pyroar
Florges
Milotic
Shiftry
Kangaskhan EX
Toxicroak EX
M Charizard EX (Fire)
Toxicroak EX FA
Pokemon Center Lady FA
M Charizard EX Gold (Fire)

Also pulled at prerelease (16 packs):

Kangaskhan EX (FA)
M Charizard EX (Fire)
M Charizard EX (Dragon)
M Charizard EX Gold (Dragon)
Pyroar
Florges

Seemed to get 2-3 of each trainer in each box too.

Tired of all the talk of pack weighing. As if his thread wasn't bad enough someone then starts a thread specifically about pack weighing which has been deleted. Consider this a reminder for everyone. Anymore talk of it and then next step after reminder will be taken. I don't think any of you want that and i don't want to do it but will if it happens again.

The pull rates have varied a lot based on the box I opened and some of the boxes opened at the league. I got no Megas in mine, but did get 3 FA (1 Trainer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back