Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Amiibo" and Pokemon?

Benzo

Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator
For Nintendo this time around for this years E3 conference, they introduced a figuring game accessory called "Amiibo".

Here is the info on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK9ip7Z3Xjw

Now, it does say that they are working on it to work with the 3DS games in the future.

Pokémon, being what it is (the best, of course)- what if...............

Nintendo decides to incorporate the figures with Pokémon games?

What do you all think?

This is something different but they kind of did this with Pokemon Rumble on the Wii U. As for the Pokemon games, I cant think of a way for it to be used effectively.

well-

This being hypothetical and all if they decide to make use of amiibo with the games- the figures could act as a way to:

interact the figuring with other games, like maybe Smash Bro, like, you train your Pokémon in the game, "transfer it into the figure, then make it playable in Smash Bros.

or-

some RPG game that allows you to have a Pokémon join your party in the quest.

maybe the figurine could be a Pokeball that you can carry it around and then trade it to another person who has a Pokeball without your 3DS.

perhaps the figurine could be interactive with the Wii-u and a future game like an XD remake or sequal.

I know I am just tossing out thoughts and ideas, or wishing- but this could be a new thing to boost the game play up a bit.

Personally- I like my idea of the Pokeball tradeing mechanic. Carry a few on you, trade. Heck, I will expand a bit on the idea.

The Pokeball figure could be a mobile wonder trade sort of thing. You walk by someone, they have a Pokeball- the trade happens and you get a random trade with out wi-fi or a 3ds.

And even though like I said this being an "if they do mix amiibo with Pokémon games" sort of discussion and the "they could make it do this......" sort of discussion- I would not be surprised if they do nnot already have some sort of plan to make a good full use on a gadget with the top game titles.

Heck, look at the Zelda games: a link figuring for a Zelda game to equip or alter weapons (since link carries so many as it is)- look at the possibilities that could be done with the technology for what it can do if they took a different approach to changing how games are played with a player being able to make personal changes in the game to make the playing different each time you play? And you did the changing to it?

This allows for the player to build into the game, limited in changing the game itself but the content with in as far as taking like a personal data disk to a friends and plug in your customized character to change up the game play to make it different, add a level, ect.. I hope you see my point.

I see what you mean but all of this this can be done just carrying you 3ds with you. Doesn't seem like a good idea to carry more things with you. I can see them doing the pokewalker again. I enjoyed that. Perhaps with a console version of Pokemon they can do something like that.

IMO, this could be pretty cool for the tcg, it'd almost be like YGO in a way and how it's depicted in the anime. Whereas they already have Rumble for figurines and stuff otherwise.

Back