Now the day is gone
How do we face our fears
With nothing in our hearts, baby?

Where do we go from here?
Now the night has come
How do we face our fears?
Oh, yeah

Where do we go?

That's an interesting song. Not specifically my type of song, but interesting nevertheless.

Speaking of specifics ..... Here I am, with help I completed the pokedex - all of the pokemon seen (but not all obtained). I went to see the professor in his lab in the city and got the Oval Charm (which is good for when you're breeding). For the moment, I'm working on catching a copy of the rest of the pokemon I already saw in the game, and I'm doing pretty good too with over 660 obtained (of 718). However, once I do that .... like the song says, where do we go from here? What else would you do to keep the game from going stale for you? November is still a few months away until we see the next game. Are you getting ready for ORAS? If you are, what are you doing?

Training Pokemon for VGC. And probably some more after that. That's really the only reason I play besides some Battle Maison runs for BP for items.

I agree that the games have nothong much to offer after the "main" story is done and the dex is complete. After that- just battles and building Pokies for tournies.

Stale.

Something needs to change.

But what changes need to be made is the issue.

Working with what is current, it does seem that it is set up to repeat, even with adding a new type and more Pokemon to the roster.

The question at hand is good- but flip it for a moment to ask:

What hasn't been done to make the games stop being a "what now" when we reach the end?

Feedback.

TCG gets feedback, why not for the VG?

Not done like a survey- but people being able to send their ideas on keeping the replay valie of a game so the game does not have an end.

Perhaps a wi-fi battle tower system where you could do a win streak against people on-line in a vgc format with their own team and you get bp to buy things at a mart or whatever?

What abput an otional "king of the hill" wi-fi elite 4 rival (5th challenger in e4) that you could dl a new e4 champ?

Ideas- thats all they are, but nowhere to send them in. And if, only if they listen.

Why not have a "battle only" cartridge that is only for comp play and has battle towers and other related action that is a storage box for the many teams you build?

Again, ideas into expanding on what could bring new life into breaking the repeating cycle of what there has been:

beat gyms, catch them all, defeat the e4 and the champ- only to be left with vgc comp preparation.

I so wish I could talk to GF directly and give them ideas on expanding on ideas to make the games replay value higher..........

I

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that the games have nothong much to offer after the "main" story is done and the dex is complete. After that- just battles and building Pokies for tournies.

Stale.

Something needs to change.

But what changes need to be made is the issue.

Working with what is current, it does seem that it is set up to repeat, even with adding a new type and more Pokemon to the roster.

The question at hand is good- but flip it for a moment to ask:

What hasn't been done to make the games stop being a "what now" when we reach the end?

Feedback.

TCG gets feedback, why not for the VG?

Not done like a survey- but people being able to send their ideas on keeping the replay valie of a game so the game does not have an end.

Perhaps a wi-fi battle tower system where you could do a win streak against people on-line in a vgc format with their own team and you get bp to buy things at a mart or whatever?

What abput an otional "king of the hill" wi-fi elite 4 rival (5th challenger in e4) that you could dl a new e4 champ?

Ideas- thats all they are, but nowhere to send them in. And if, only if they listen.

Why not have a "battle only" cartridge that is only for comp play and has battle towers and other related action that is a storage box for the many teams you build?

Again, ideas into expanding on what could bring new life into breaking the repeating cycle of what there has been:

beat gyms, catch them all, defeat the e4 and the champ- only to be left with vgc comp preparation.

I so wish I could talk to GF directly and give them ideas on expanding on ideas to make the games replay value higher..........

I

It might be interesting to create some sort of a multiplayer function other than just battles. Maybe incorporate teamwork into other aspects of the game that way each person who plays with you can bring a different experience.

^ I like that- seems like they could incorporate an area in the game that you and a wi-fi friend could team up and battle against the AI like the wi-fi tower battles but in story mode instead.

I have been thinking on a game play-style that would have you use like 5 or 6 Pokémon to battle a large Boss Pokémon (legendary Pokémon like Arceus) but not like a final fantasy type, but a first person view in which you are looking through the eyes of a Pokémon on your team to attack the Boss. You would have to move and attack and hit the boss, then "switch" your view to another Pokémon to do another attack to help weaken the Boss to capture it.

The boss would be in a specific field in which when it attacks, it can hit your Pokémon. You would need like one Pokémon to use say Thunder wave to temporarily stop the boss from moving, then you would need to switch to another to use an attack to lower the hit points of the boss.

you would have to travel around of course, and be selective on what pokemon you take to battle the boss pokemon. There would be strategic attacks, the boss would be able to attack multiple pokemon on your team- like for example if you battled Kyogre- you could take a grass pokemon to use say razor leaf to weaken it, then switch to Pikachu to use thunder wave to temporaily stop kyogre so you could attack it with razor leaf. kyogre would be in the water, could dive and surface, use perhaps water gun and surf to hit your pokemon. As the game goes on, the bosses get harder and would require more different pokemon with attacks to figure out how to defeat and capture the boss pokemon.

The game could be rather large, as there are so many legend and mini legend pokemon like the bird and dog and regi's, for example.

After you capture them, you can transfer them to your current version on the 3ds. and then train and level them up and the what not.

As you go on your adventure, you can catch wild pokemon to use in your quest to take on the boss pokemon and transfer them over as well if you wanted to.

It would be a way different way to play, but you could easily make a game out of having a pokemon team that you would have to go into 1st person mode and just actually be that pokemon per say through this battle mechanic.

meh........................ like I would ever be able to actually be a part of making that possible, but it is cool to come up with ideas and hope, right?

Back