Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Inequality regarding ORAS preorder bonuses

P_A

It's too bad that not everyone can get the same preorder bonuses for ORAS. Some stores are offering a double sided poster, some are giving plushes. Then I also heard that somewhere in Europe they get a steelbook and a keychain. Hey, don't get me wrong - I'm happy that people are getting bonuses for getting the games, since it brings more people to more product. It's just kinda too bad that everyone couldn't take advantage of getting these bonuses at the same time. Maybe it has something with shipping problems from one country to another or increased costs to ship internationally and getting it all there on time, but I suppose if people got things done early enough anything is possible.

Then again, nothing has ever been entirely fair and equitable in pokemon. Take for example distribution of event pokemon. Japan has many more opportunities to get event pokemon than here (like that cool shiny Gengar with the mega stone and the move that can't normally be learned by it - who knows, I suppose there's a possibility we may be able to get it much later), and the Japanese card game players have had huge promo distributions of cards where we only get a select few. So I guess this shouldn't surprise me. It's unfortunate though.

I'm a little upset I was not able to get Blue's Pidgeot they gave out last year because its exclusive to japan. I also did not know they were giving away good swag for preorders. Its normally just junk and I don't pay attention to it. I'll see what they are offering in my area.

I guess marketing is key to drawing in areas around the world as the game grows larger beyond Japan, USA, Europe.

I can see that the USA is "further" along in the franchise then elsewhere in the world when it comes to the video games and cards, so I can see the rest of the worlds view on how "lucky" we are getting what they do not recieve.

IMO- Japan is more "festive" then here in the US, so they are more opt to reward more for commemorative/celebrative reasons. It's more cultural, I guess? <if that makes sence-

I think instead of being sour about what we don't get could be better turned into an effort towards looking into ways to have US distributions be more frequent and semi exclusive to the player base here.

Even though I too am a slight bit sour to not being able to recieve all the event pokies Japan gets- I am at least greatful that we get world wide game version release date synchronization.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess marketing is key to drawing in areas around the world as the game grows larger beyond Japan, USA, Europe.

I can see that the USA is "further" along in the franchise then elsewhere in the world when it comes to the video games and cards, so I can see the rest of the worlds view on how "lucky" we are getting what they do not recieve.

IMO- Japan is more "festive" then here in the US, so they are more opt to reward more for commemorative/celebrative reasons. It's more cultural, I guess? <if that makes sence-

I think instead of being sour about what we don't get could be better turned into an effort towards looking into ways to have US distributions be more frequent and semi exclusive to the player base here.

Even though I too am a slight bit sour to not being able to recieve all the event pokies Japan gets- I am at least greatful that we get world wide game version release date synchronization.

The preorder bonuses in the US suck.
There's no real incentive to preorder, but I will since I wanna secure a game on release.
I would love the steelbook.

Also isn't the plushie only a preorder bonus if you buy both?

Gasp! What kind of a pokemon fan are you? Weren't you planning on getting both? LOL.

huh- I need to double check that Toys R Us plushie deal then-

I wouldn't mind a plushie, but I rarely buy both games at the same time, if ever in a given format, as in the past there was always a 3rd cart (Crystal, Emerald, etc) that I'd wait for instead. Granted that hasn't been the case for a bit now, but I just wait in case.

I suppose everyone here knows what Japanese players get with their preorder now as well. The quick balls are a bit of ... meh, ok, but they might come in handy. However it would be nice if there was something like that done worldwide - for ANY preorders - not just one particular country.

I'm really interested to see what the Charizard plush is for ordering both at Toys R Us. Some thought it'd be the one posted on pokemoncenter.com but that one they're selling for 32.99 instead of the 22.99 price that the promo advertises. Also I read it was actually Mega Charizard X or Y and you don't really get to pick which one you get... ._o; Definitely need more info!

Well, just because I'm the head of the household I have to preorder four copies of the games, one for each family member...I had originally preordered them at Gamestop but I am considering going there and canceling those preorders and getting them at TRUs instead...unless Gamestop pulls something amazing out of their hat in the next month.

Back