Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokeken Tournament

vaporeon

So it turns out this is a thing. This is supposed to be a Pokemon X Tekken inspired game... So far I'm not impressed. I'm a huge Tekken fan and somethings are required for a good fighter. From the game play I saw, there are basic combos, nothing flashy and attacks don't look very punishable. I saw what COULD be considered a bound but I'm not too sure. The game just feels blocky and not polished. Now I do know its not finished yet but I expected more considered Namco is working on it.

The game is coming out in 2015 in japanese arcade first. I want this to be good. Given Nintendo's track record with fighting games, I'm not to hopeful but I want this to be big. Now put Pidgeot in the game.

Well-

it has been said that non-fighting type Pokemon will be able battle as well-

so, I guess it can sort of be said that if it has arms and legs it could be in the game-

I so want to see Mr. Mime really dish it out- I am not sure if it would be scary or hilarious!

Tekken would normally be one of the last things I'd cross with Pokemon, but this doesn't look too bad. Maybe a bit odd they're deviating to a more "traditional" fighter game considering they could make up a Smash Bros esq game with nothing but Pokemon fighters and it'd sell like hot cakes, but Tekken is more arcade friendly, which this apparently is (arcade game).

Well I don't know of any Pokemon arcade games, so this aproach to going "tekken" is to me interesting in bring a "real time Pokemon" battle vs how the battles are for turn-based set souly on speed stats or things like trick room and the sort.

Well I don't know of any Pokemon arcade games, so this aproach to going "tekken" is to me interesting in bring a "real time Pokemon" battle vs how the battles are for turn-based set souly on speed stats or things like trick room and the sort.

I've been wanting this for a while now and on top of that, I always though it would be cool on a tekken engine. I like real time fights more because it takes away things like luck and stat bias, like you said with fast and powerful pokemon.

Pokemon has had a few forays into the Arcade market with Tretta, and the other disk game (can't remember name), but this is the first real time one as far as I'm aware.

Looks as if they want to include this game into Regionals/Nationals/Worlds-

interesting.........................................

Back