Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lysandre's Trump Card banned WORLDWIDE

EeveeLover

Member Services Administrator
[gal=55977]Lysandre's Trump Card[/gal]​
The Trainer card Lysandre’s Trump Card is being removed from Pokémon TCG tournament play.

As of June 15, 2015, Lysandre’s Trump Card (XY—Phantom Forces, 99/119 and 118/119) will be banned from all sanctioned Play! Pokémon tournaments in most of the world. (The ban will go into effect in Japan on June 20.)

This card has created an undesirable play environment because it:

• Eliminates one of your opponent’s victory conditions (running out of cards in your deck)
  • Allows repeated use of powerful Trainer cards
  • Allows drawing through your deck quickly with minimal repercussions
  • Extends the time of battles

All sanctioned tournaments will be affected by this change, including Pokémon National Championships occurring after June 15 (except in Japan) and the Pokémon World Championships in August.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/lysandres-trump-card-banned/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, its about time they are taking the game seriously. I would love to see more cards added to that list. Please get right of Trainer Lock as well.

I think it's a great move! We have been loosing some players in our tournaments lately, they felt that if you don't play a Specific deck (Seismitoad comes to mind), you don't stand a chance on winning, plus playing against Seismitoad (especially when there is an infinite pool of Hypnotoxic Laser, Crushing hammer, Enhanced Hammers and the like), is not even fun.

While part of me wants TPC and Creatures to talk about card effects before release, another part of this makes me happy that collectors will be able to get this card for a cheaper price now.

Man, I really thought you were going to pull a fast one and this would be a Professor Cup-exclusive one again. I mean, once I ruled out April Fool's Day...

So HOW are you supposed to counter Night March and Flarion decks? Play Seismatoad only? Very boring format now.

I blame Seismitoad.

The argument of it eliminating a win condition is weak considering natural decking out is a rare occurrence, and the only mill deck out there (or pretty much ever possible with besides some ancient Fossil Moltres tactics) is Durant in Extended I guess? I do agree it kinda promotes reckless play though with disregard for what you toss into the discard since you can always get it back at least once. And yeah, now what do you do against stuff like Night March? No Lost Zone mechanics these days to remove them from play even.

I blame Seismitoad.

The argument of it eliminating a win condition is weak considering natural decking out is a rare occurrence, and the only mill deck out there (or pretty much ever possible with besides some ancient Fossil Moltres tactics) is Durant in Extended I guess? I do agree it kinda promotes reckless play though with disregard for what you toss into the discard since you can always get it back at least once. And yeah, now what do you do against stuff like Night March? No Lost Zone mechanics these days to remove them from play even.

I think we should TPC for allowing the BW sets to exist so deep into the XY sets. If we had a hard rotation very early on, we would not be seeing such overpowered cards. I feel the XY sets should have been a way to repair the format but instead it continued to imbalance it.

I think it's an interesting move it just leaves stuff like night march and flareon hard to slow down.

I think it's an interesting move it just leaves stuff like night march and flareon hard to slow down.

I don't think LTC did a good job at slowing those decks down though, since these decks use a lot of draw cards, which is even better now because of shaymin EX. Maybe Im using the card wrong but once they spent their cards, I LTC, and the very next turn, or the turn afterwards, they had access to all the cards again. All that happened was I wasted a supporter. I think there should be a better, non supporter way to deal with these cards since the offending cards in these deck are items. This is also the reason why I want a 10 to 15 card side deck in Pokemon because all EX based decks and those worth using are all very over powered, but like you said, this is a step in the right direction.

Back