Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Sun/Moon Speculation Time!

Benzo

Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator
So what do you think we will see in the new games that come out this Fall?

What would you like to see in the games?

I would like to see a metal Eeevee evolution. Have Eevee hold the Metal Coat hold item and breed it with Mawile.
Possible name for the metal type Eevee I would like to see: Mercureon ( after the planet Mercury, since the games have the theme)-

Breeding with Legendary Pokémon to get either new type combos like Electric + Psychic type or the sort.

This of course is early speculation, but trying to generate discussion is all. The only info out about the new games so far is the Man-made Diance + Klink "hybrid/fusion" (just using those words for description of how I see the image) Pokémon-

Anyways, speak your thoughts! Speculate!

Well, I hear the bird is a woodpecker so I'll enjoy it. Its also rumored that the fire starter is a peacock. I just hope it stays that way and not turn into a bird person.

I have soooo many ideas I'd like to see - literally, as the name of the games suggest, the sky's the limit! As of late I was seriously considering not picking up my pokemon games again - they've gotten stale. Don't get me wrong, I have all the latest games (B, W, Ruby, Sapphire, Alpha, Omega, X, Y .... and a few others including old Pokemon Box!). I've loved many different aspects of lots of them. Maybe the cure for my apathy is an expansion that not only has some new pokemon, and Mega pokemon, perhaps even some new types like "light" or "gas" (gotta catchem' all!), but an expansion that also EXPANDS from what they already built upon. It would be nice to be able to dig to the underground again, or the lost zone, grow berries and create pokeblocks that help your pokemon learn never before possible moves - or the ability to actually have 5 moves instead of 4. How about the ability to explore ALL the regions? How about the ability to liberate mistreated pokemon from bad owners and bring them back to the light? How about being able to fuse pokemon together? Oh man, this could seriously turn into a post that no one reads in it's entirety! I better stop for now. More later.

Couldn't help myself. Had to put up another post!

How about chances to battle people who have more than just a few pokemon (like maybe 5 or 6) earlier in the game? Berries that can randomly change your type, but when used with the right ingredients in a pokeblock (or pokepotion) gain the ability to change to a specific type for a battle (or a day, or maybe even permanently!) Or how about being able to change your ability (power) to another? (yes, I know that can be done now with the right item, but how about an easier way to do it?) How about having giveaways of special pokemon (special types/movesets/abilities) to those who contribute to the pokemon community - like LO's, LL's, TO's, PTO's, professors with over 100 lifetime points, pokemon website owners/ helpers? How about a loyalty giveaway to those who can produce 10 copies of different pokemon games? How about an even better giveaway for those who can produce 20 or more? More later.

All I ask is that they finally get rid of that 2x2 square grid. That is ancient, atrocious game design that Square ditched over 20 years ago in pretty much the same type of game.

As an Organizer, I'd like them to give us some sort of decent VGC prizes. Download codes, or something similar, for unique Pokemon, like that Pachi that won Worlds last year. But especially a more robust hack checking utility that can be used effectively within the time constraints of a standard tournament. The former would drive attendance. The latter would help keep the players they already got.

How about more bird pokemon? More sky battles? More inverse battles for sure! Battles where you have a time limit? More puzzles? Yeah, I would like any and all of those things.

Getting rid of the "grid-walking" would be nice. The 3DS can do so much, it seems it would be a sin if they didn't use the system (or NX when it is released) to it's fullest potential.

Battle mechanics could use an upgrade, with Pekken being out- that-would-be-Awesome to see the battles done in that style (turn-based, that is going to be hard to ditch for Stat reasons).

Gym Leader battles could be more intense. Instead of having to defeat them in order to advance in the story mode, the gyms could "advance in level" as your Pokémon leveled up.

So many ways to get a Pokémon to evolve (heck, we have one that evolves when you hold your system up-side-down)- what if a Pokémon where to evolve (besides mega in battle) when you use a specific attack during the battle? And it stays permanent after the battle?

Rotom- could use some more evo's
Castform- a sand form?

Types I would like to see more of:
Steel
Dark
Fighting
Fairy

Zygard- all those forms, seems to me Legends could use altered/less base stat "mini's" for battles.

A boost (non mega) to a good handful of Pokémon so that they can be tourney worthy to boost the battle roster.

How about more bird pokemon? More sky battles? More inverse battles for sure! Battles where you have a time limit? More puzzles? Yeah, I would like any and all of those things.

I'm always willing to support more bird Pokemon. Maybe Pidgeot can get 2 more megas. That would be sweet! I too would also like to see Sky Battles being its own thing. The game just gave it to us but never really did anything with them.

I'd like to see customization for the trainers make a return. Going from XY where you had tons of options to probably my least favorite design in terms of trainers (the RSE ones), I do miss them. Or a return to the older models of BW would be sweet as well. Or even better, an option to at least resize your trainer with customization so you don't always look like a midget with every other "adult" character you face in the game.

I'd like to see genderless Pokemon be able to breed at least with other genderless types of the same species, fairly ridiculous Ditto is still the only option after all this time. That would also open up my next suggestion of breedable legendaries, so that way you don't have to SR for ages (even with 3 guaranteed 31 IVs that's still a substantial amount of resetting).

Guess the other main thing for me would be more content to do after the main story ends. Considering the original RSE games had a whole fun area of different battle styles and themes with the original Battle Frontier, it really pissed me off that all they did was lazily transpose the Battle Maison (which I never liked) from XY to ORAS; they couldn't even bother making new maison girls, just the ones from XY are now "visiting". And of course, the most weirdest part is that it basically established ORAS as a prequel to the original RSE as the dev's lazy excuse was that Battle Frontier was being built, Pike Queen Lucy even has a cameo. Which really messes with any storyline when you consider primal forms or their lore are nowhere to be found in RSE of course.

Anyways rant aside, I've always liked the GSC/HGSS way of linking it to another game area with Kanto/Johto and letting you collect that area's 8 badges and then having a showdown with the original champ, Red. Or again, a revisit of the original Battle Frontier facilities (or I guess the Subway) would be cool. The World Tournament in BW2 was also sweet in letting you download and facing off against the actual WC teams from that year, was kinda disappointing that only turned into a 1 year thing even though BW2 lasted long enough to warrant a second update. And being able to face Gym Leaders and E4 members of all generations was also a nice touch. But really, anything than the old standard of a Battle Tower (or worse, a shrunken version called the Battle Maison) would be great to have.

Also give back Steel its Dark and Ghost resists. The loss of those 2 resistances really hurt the type even when it was made one of the SE options vs Fairies. They were never overpowering resistances to have in the first place given how more uncommon than not attacking ghost/dark Pokemon are, and it made Pokemon like poor Metagross a lot harder to use now that they're being hit for SE damage instead of neutral.

Hey, you know, I was just thinking that we've had quite a number of pokemon that look like cats of some sort - some of which are decent to have. However pokemon that look like dogs are less and are kinda useless. How about givin some dogs some love? Ummm, I suppose that could have been said better, but you know what I mean.

More cat and dog Pokemon would be nice but I would like to see more bird and sea life. Seems appropriate for the games location.

It would be interesting (to me anyways) to see a part of the game that is Pokken style included into S/M. An area of the game you can go into and fight Pokken style. You could earn things like Rare Candies, pp up, ect..........
You could earn IV Capsules to use on a Pokemon to boost or decrease an IV stat of your choice.

Would be nice but it means they would have to model the Pokemon for a fighting game and give them all movesets. I dont think they will do that.

Looking at Magearna's design and type- it looks like you breed a Klinklang and Diance together-

I know that it was stated that at least 10 new Pokemon will be added to the full dex, I wonder if there will be a more blended typing through breeding that will be the bigger focus this time around to give older Pokemon the boost they need.............

Back