Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A legitimate desire for deck help!

EmeraldGuardian

Hello all. Not sure if anyone is actually out there (looked like I saw some tumbleweeds rolling through as I scanned). I used to come to this site all the time when I was a kid just to talk Pokemon. Many years have passed and I now run a league, but I'm a total amateur at best. I could use some help with my current deck! It feels a little too sluggish.

I created this deck to try to counter things like Night March decks by shutting down Item cards with Noivern GX. Problem is, I rarely seem to be able to get Noivern out fast enough to achieve said goal. I would really like to get better with deck strategy so I can coach our league kids on building better decks.

Here's what I'm running right now:

Eevee (w/ Energy Evolution) x4
Umbreon GX x1
Espeon GX x2
Noibat x4
Noivern GX x3
Hoopa x3
Darkrai (Prism Star) x1

Evosoda x2
Great Ball x2
Professor's Letter x3
Mysterious Treasure x3
Devoured Field x1
Hex Maniac x2
Skyla x2
Cynthia x3
Ninja Boy x1
Acerola x2
Teammates x1
Wally x1
Wishful Baton x1
Muscle Band x2
Bodybuilding Dumbbells x1
Choice Band x1

Double Colorless Energy x2
Dark Energy x7
Psychic Energy x5

I'm thinking of removing Darkrai, upping my Wallys and Ninja Boys, and removing the Mysterious Treasures. In retrospect, they probably don't do me much good.

Knowing that the strategy is to shut down Item cards to prevent the opponent from getting up and running quickly, thoughts on ways to improve here? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hiya EG, we had a problem and a number of us couldn`t see this forum for some reason. That`s all fixed just now and the spam cleaned up so hopefully someone can come by and give you advice!

Noivern is a novel item lock strategy. You seem a little light on draw power. Maybe the problem is getting to your Wally and Ninja Boys and other cards rather than their count. Maybe a single Hoopa & no Darkrai in favor of 3 more draw supporters?

Back