Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Changing Age Groups for Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG1337

I dunno. The change in age groups was supposed to happen last year according to like a million rumors. Any possibility of it happening this year? 12-, 13-17, 18+

It would make a lot of sense IMO.

Has anyone heard anything?

wait...they're going to change the age groups? where have you heard that from? i think it'd be really interesting to see what happens if they do change it, but that'd be crazy to change the age groups after so many years of it being the same way...but i could see why they would want to...

it'd be sooooo good if they did, it would help balance out competitveness among age groups, but idk if pop is willing to institute such a drastic change of what has been the same for so long. Anyone know what age groups are like in other tcgs???

Venusaur said:
I would 3> this cause it would mean less ppl in my age group so more chance to win.

and then you'd win with honor, right? because less people means you will have worked harder.
ladies and gentlemen, i present to you...our world champion.
=/

I tought that the quality of the players was far more important than the quantity...
BTW that seems more logical in some aspects. I´d hate being a 8 years kid and have to play against a 12 years anyway...

Benlugia said:
and then you'd win with honor, right? because less people means you will have worked harder.
=/
Wow, where did that come from?

I remember someone saying that this was going to happen in the future, but now, I don't think it will. Nothing has really been said about it at all in the longest time, so this happening next year would be kind of a sudden surprise. Who knows, though.

Benlugia said:
=/
Jeremy is just being modest, in reality what he meant was
"I already beat all the sucky 15+ players, maybe the 13-14 kids will offer something new for me to beat."

Didn't WoTC change the age groups a bit at the WCSTS back in 2001? I think there was a 10-, 11-12, 13-14, and 15+ group.

Yes, WOTC did do that. I'm not sure if this is going to happen, I'm not really for or against it, whatever happens, happens.

It has been confirmed from my sources that the age groups will remain the same during the 2006-2007 cycle. No changes to the age groups will be made anytime now or in the near future. This is because POP doesn't think that such a change will work out, especially for the 10- kids (one primary reason)...

For the past couple of years I think it is funny that is topic keeps coming up. They haven't changed the age groups in the past, so it would lead me to believe that they would not change it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back