Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please help, need information on State Championships for class

Darkash

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I'm doing a project for AP Statistics currently, testing to see if there really is a "curse of the first" in Pokemon play. Towards this end, I just need to know, for each state, if the top seed was eliminated in the first round of finals. So, if you know the information for a given state, please post with the state and whether the top seed moved on or not. I'll post a list of which states people have given me information for when it starts coming in. Thanks.

EDIT: After hunting through the old States topics, here's a list of the states I still need info for:
CO -
KY -
OR -
ME -
CA -
MS -
MN -
PA -
IA -
VA -
UT -
WI -
NB -

Thanks, BS and Ryan, for the stuff posted so far, added it to my list.

Last edited:
MK C. (Shadowzangoose64) went undefeated at the North Eastern Regionals, but had lost at the Top 8. He used LBS and he lost to a Mewtric.

As for States: Daniel L. (Twinkle, I think), he went undefeated and lost in the first round of the Finals. This was NY States. He was using Queendom and he lost to Gengar.

Last edited:
Florida States:
The top seed, Eric Craig, was eliminated by the last seed, who I believe was Aaron Curry.
I'm 90% sure about this information, I'll check back later.

In CT states, I went undefeated with my Gengar deck during swiss and lost in the 1st round.

I've blown it twice this year :( 6-0 in the swiss at MI, loss in T8 and 6-0 in the swiss at the IN GC and lost in the T8. CotF!

Chuck and Fulop have done it as well.

If i remember correclty top seed made it past the first round.

Washington States:

the 15+ undefeated player (6-0) ended up 3rd. (lost in the top 4, with a cut to the top 16)
the 11-14 undefeated player (5-0) ended up 1st (8 - 0) with a cut to the top 8.
the 10- undefeated player (5-0) ended up 1st (8-0) with a cut to the top 8.

Good luck on your project!

Thanks to everyone who has posted, got your information. Could still use a few more States.

ryanvergel said:
Florida States:
The top seed, Eric Craig, was eliminated by the last seed, who I believe was Aaron Curry.
I'm 90% sure about this information, I'll check back later.
ya ryan, that is correct. i was playing DSL and eric was playing LBS.

Actually, I only need info from States. For those who know something about Stat, I'm using States as a representive of the population of all pokemon premiere events. (minus prereleases, of course) Thanks anyway.

Back