Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WoW CCG

pokeguru

If this is a duplicate, sorry - haven't seen it about yet.

Anyway, the CCG of the game, World of Warcraft, is coming out soon. Some of the cards look pretty fun, looks like a fun game to get into, looks aimed at the teen market where they aimed the WoW computer game. Also has extra mini games in the boosters and codes to redeem items in the computer game.

Its coming out in the UK over the next few weeks, not sure when its out in the US. Anyone else think it sounds fun?

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/wow/en/

~Cole

I might look into it. I want to see what their organized play structure is going to be like though first.

This game is horrible. My store owner likes and and people in the shop like it. But not me. I thinks its dumb i don't like WoW cpu game and dont like the tcg. Word!

garsh0p said:
upper deck... horrible company =(
No Bandai CCGs = Horrible Company
Upper Deck = Decent Company

jesschow12 said:
tried the game,too similar to duel masters.......
How? The only thing that's really the same as Duel Masters is that you can play anything face down as a resource. Last time I checked you can't play anything on your opponents turn accept for shield triggers and in this game you can. They have cards that stay in play other then creatures (don't think Duel Masters has those) and I know Duel Masters doesn't have Weapons.

Gdog121TheChamp said:
This game is horrible. My store owner likes and and people in the shop like it. But not me. I thinks its dumb i don't like WoW cpu game and dont like the tcg. Word!
That just sounds like something a WoW hater would say. How many times have you played it to say that?

Anyway the game didn't seem bad (I think the best way too describe it is it's a combination of MTG and VS). What's bad though is I heard that they are going to be real hard to find for at least a few months and that I should expect to pay at least 6 bucks a pack (possibly even 7 or 8) at least for that time. I mean the day of the prerelease he sold 2 boxes he got off of someone at Magic States and he got 6 bucks a pack already. Hopefully they'll go down the the $3.99 retail soon though otherwise there's no way I'll even try to get into it since it will be way too costly.

How? The only thing that's really the same as Duel Masters is that you can play anything face down as a resource. Last time I checked you can't play anything on your opponents turn accept for shield triggers and in this game you can. They have cards that stay in play other then creatures (don't think Duel Masters has those) and I know Duel Masters doesn't have Weapons.

well

shield = hero
instant ability = shield trigger
ally=monster
both have summoning sickness
both TCG are slow games

thats all i have observed....

UDE - horrible company for TCG's. Anyone who played YGO competitively knows what I'm talking about. I haven't tried the game, but I expect it to be big just off of the name (and the fact that about a week ago the prices for a box online doubled overnight)

A couple of my friends bought starters the other day... two of them apparently pulled one of the $50 cards (the ones with codes you can redeem for some ingame tabard item) each, I think it was like, Lando Longshot or something. That sort of price is messed up.

It's basically VS System with a fresh coat of paint.

UDE= A horrible company. YGO has like 500+ for a SJC and then u have VS who has like 70-110 ppl for a 10K event and yet they get more prize support. Shouldnt YGO be UDE's #1. UDE rips off ygo prizes for players because they feel sorry for VS. Now with 2x older fan base games with VS/WOW for UDE i hope they know what there doing.
WOTC= A less horrible company. I dont care if they have MTG. MTG= nothing to me. I hate that game. Ppl say its the greatest. To me its horrible. My store owner tried gettin me into it 3x and i still dont like it. Lets see they tried ending pokemon because it was getting bigger than MTG. I hear they are ending Duel Masters pretty soon. Now there notorius for ending jpns best game. Duel Masters. They due that u know o im sorry were out of product to mess up a game.
SCORE ENT= Just dont ask they are a horrible company. You might have saw or herd of these tcgs.(DBZ/INUHASA/Tekken thingy) They are bad and dont know how to handle anything so saying more is pointless.
Bandai= Horrible! (Digimon/Gundam) There new addition Naruto tcg is gaining popularity but they still dont know how to print product and produce events. When it first came out the only way to get naruto was to order it from the company itself and thats why the product wasnt good because you couldnt find it. Making fans waiting a long time.

Nintendo= The greatest. The one and only Pokemon Trading Card Game. Who flys you out to play into worlds, nationals with a hotel for a place to stay or travel allowance. Gives you scholarships. Prize support that is excellent. Advertises properly. Has events nonstop. League+Primier events! They care about the players & fans.
This is my oppionions on tcgs and other companys. So if your offended your intitled to your oppionion.So just dont react like a 10 year old.
Word Up!

Nintendo= The greatest. The one and only Pokemon Trading Card Game. Who flys you out to play into worlds, nationals with a hotel for a place to stay or travel allowance. Gives you scholarships. Prize support that is excellent. Advertises properly. Has events nonstop. League+Primier events! They care about the players & fans.

As a game, Pokemon is the best.

OP is a completely different story.

My son is into WOW, computer & TCG & it does seems interesting. He pulled one of those code cards & sold it on e-bay for $300. I can't imagine ANY card worth that kind of money.

Gdog121TheChamp said:

Wow, I'm glad Gamefreak sure has nothing to do with Pokémon. :rolleyes:

Marril said:
A couple of my friends bought starters the other day... two of them apparently pulled one of the $50 cards (the ones with codes you can redeem for some ingame tabard item) each, I think it was like, Lando Longshot or something. That sort of price is messed up.

It's basically VS System with a fresh coat of paint.

Um, 1 of the 3 Loot, better check again, there each going over 150$ respectively,
I cant get upset at a company that if I pull 1 card, I can get 300 or so for it.
JMO,
Drew

I am listing every single person that says "OP is the greatest" under the Koolaid drinker category.

The WoW is obviously directed at the already WoW computer players. Which is alot of people, so I'm interested to see how this game goes.

Back