Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DragonFly

Status
Not open for further replies.

light_gengar

I've been playing with this deck since the series came out, and I think that I have really found the PERFECT deck for Dragonite. Props to ADAM as the person who gave the name for it... I love it. Here goes- hope you like it!

Pokemon: 25
4- Dratini d (ds, thunder wave)
2- Dragonair d (ds, twister)
3- Dragonite EX d
1- Dragonite d (ds)

3- Trapinch d (hp, big bite)
2- Vibrava d (df, sonic noise)
3- Flygon d (hp)

1- Chimecho d
2- Rayquaza EX d
4- Holon's Castform

Trainers: 23
4- Holon Tranceiver
3- Holon Mentor
3- Holon Adventurer
2- Holon Researcher
1- Holon Scientist
4- Rare Candy
2- Warp Point
4- Windstorm

Energy: 12 (16 possible if you count Holon's Castform)

4- d Rainbow Energy
6- Lightning Energy
2- Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Ideal set up would be a castform start, and either a few basics on the bench, or a Mentor (if I go T2).
Starting with any poke (other than chimecho) is fine really, because there is plenty of draw without a castform start and it's nice to start souping up a fighter as fast as possible.

-Dragonite EX d is obviously the main fighter, and Flygon d is there to soup him up.
-Flygon d can also be a great fighter against ex proof/resistant pokes.
-Chimecho makes the deck work really well. With his power, you can play a holon Supporter, and use an energy as your card to discard, and scoop it right back up.
-Ray d EX is ESSENCIAL in this deck. I don't know how many times I have had a battle where I just wish that I could pick off a dying poke from the bench. He's not easily searchable, but with 2 you up the chances of having one when you need one, or Reasearcher for it. In an Ideal setup, I'll be drawing with castform, and when they KO it, Ray d can either pummel for 70 with 2 energy, or start picking off who he wants for 1. From start to finish, he is a great fighter to have in play.

Now I know a lot of people are going "OMG!!one1 Y duz he have two stage 2zorz!!? It's doomsday!!"
Relax... the deck works. Trust me. Try it out (with the appropriate fixes in mind) and tell me this isn't consistant, powerful, and all around fun to play.

Any thoughts/ideas/fixes are welcome. Thanks!

EDIT: fixes made.

Last edited:
which dratini from ds are you refering to? maybe try using the grass vibrava? he can do more damage, has more hp and has two resitances. what will you do when you come up against a dugtrio or holon WP? Energy looks good, but the trainer system seems choppy: maybe try some PETM and copycat? that aside, very good job on this!

Last edited:
-2 Ray d ex
-1 Holon Adventurer
-1 Holon Scientist
-4 Low Pressure System

+1 Spearow
+1 Fearow d
+1 Holon Tranciever
+1 Holon Farmer
+4 Windstorm

Cardraiders fix is very good. I have opted to not play the farmer for a 3rd researcher. Also, I like to go with just grass energy and delta rainbow energy, with some heal thrown in. This allows you to drop the warp points if you'd like. Definately heal energy.

How about this:

Pokemon: 25
4- Dratini d (ds)
2- Dragonair d (ds, twister)
3- Dragonite EX d
1- Dragonite d (ds)

3- Trapinch d (hp, big bite)
2- Vibrava d (df, psy with 1 energy for 20)
2- Flygon d (ds)
1- Flygon Ex d

1- Chimecho d
1- Spearow
1- Fearow d
4- Holon's Castform

Trainers: 24
4- Holon Tranceiver
2- Holon Mentor
3- Holon Adventurer
1- Holon Scientist
1- Holon Farmer
2- Holon Researcher
1- Professor Oak's Research/ Copycat
4- Rare Candy
1- Warp Point
3- Low Pressure System
2- Windstorm

Energy: 11(15 possible if you count Holon's Castform)

4- d Rainbow Energy
5- Lightning Energy
2- Grass Energy

Gives you a little more versatility and hopefully more speed! With Fearow.. things do get out faster and allows a more decisive direction! GL!

Put altaria ex instead flygon d is most faster, just think than you have only draggy, draggy t2, GL

ADAM: Don't need PETM, I have Holon Researcher. Don't need Copycat either, Scientist works (sometimes) just as well. It's all about Synnergy: the holon engine is rediculously efficient and reliable in this deck, and with tranceivers, I can search for the supporter I need.

Cardraider:
-The Ray d EX is ESSENCIAL in this deck. I don't know how many times I have had a battle where I just wish that I could pick off a dying poke from the bench. He's not easily searchable, but with 2 you up the chances of having one when you need one, or Reasearcher for it. In an Ideal setup, I'll be drawing with castform, and when they KO it, Ray d can either pummel for 70 with 2 energy, or start picking off who he wants for 1. From start to finish, he is a great fighter to have in play.
-Thank you for the idea of doing 4 windstorm instead of the stadiums; it makes ALOT more sense!
-Loading 4 tranceivers is also a great idea ( I only had 3 at the time :p) but I am not a huge fan of Holon Farmer. In fact, I'm going to go as far to say that I HATE that card- But with personal prefference set aside, Farmer CAN be a life saver in a long game. (I think people should do it if they have an issue with having enough energy/pokes, obviously).
- I don't agree with the Fearow line. first off, spearow isn't a delta poke (if I'm not mistaken) which throws off the synergy. Secondly, I typically do not have an issue of getting the appropriate pokes out (I'm running 2 lines.... that's it. if there is an issue after that, Researcher to the rescue!) with castform draws, it's rare not to have what you need at a given moment. (of course, no deck is perfect, and castform isn't God). Lastly, 1-1= eww....

Dobsonr: Warp points are the best thing since sliced bread. I think that warp points are excellent disruption (as well as a great way to remove status conditions or just to run away!). I've run into many games where someone will slap out a Basic for me to KO while they continue to build their fighter(s) on the bench, and I play a warp point and watch their faces just wash white. Also, it can throw off their whole game plan at times.

MrMeches: Maybe one Flygon EX d would be nice... very interesting... But I would be afraid that I would be taking the place of Flygon d to place another energy to a needy dragonite fighter. I might test it with this card to see if it works though.

SAMA: Altaria EX d would be horrible in here. I knew someone would bring up having him instead of Flygon d, and my response for this is: Altaria EX would, as ADAM mentioned, create another poke that wouldn't do a thing to a poke with safeguard capabilities (which aren't much of a threat anyway, but still a deciding factor.) Also, Altaria EX d can only attatch an energy to Dragonite EX d... and it's much better to be able to attatch an extra energy to ANYONE rather than just one poke.

Now I know a lot of people are going "OMG!!one1 Y duz he have two stage 2zorz!!? It's doomsday!!"
Relax... the deck works. Trust me. Try it out (with the appropriate fixes in mind) and tell me this isn't consistant, powerful, and all around fun to play.

Sorry about the heal energy suggestion, i was thinking of putting it on flygon, but it makes much more sense to have energy that can be played on all your pokes. Plus its 5:30 in the morning lol. Thus you are right about the warp points, I play them as well. You make a good point about Ray d ex, he is a great card, I'm just not sure if it is needed yet, at least not when I play. Great job on the list, I was waiting for months to build this and it is awesome. Beats raieggs pretty effectively to boot! You should add your match-ups, and I'll post some of mine soon.

hmm...there is no flygon ds i think you mean HP.
remove a mentor for 1 h.lake it could be good if you start with dratini/trapinch

1 stadium is too inconsistant. I'd much rather rely on holon mentor (also receivable via Tranceiver), and use the current active pokemon as a punching bag/sacrifice if necessary.

stadium = 1 card out of 60.
Mentor = 7 cards out of 60. way more reliable.

swift + Strength charm OHKO safeguards I think the stadiums are more neccessary than windstorms crystal beach lock eats raieggs

^Umm, why not?

Researcher get's d pokemon, and Ray ex d is a delta pokemon.

OT: I built a deck almost exactly like this when I got my first draggy ex, and it was called Dragofly.

3-1-3 Draggy ex
4-2-5 Flygon
1 Chimecho
1-1 Fearow
4 castoform

Thephenom: The engine works. built it and you'll see why it's better than Scott/holon lake. Plus, with the emergence of big delta decks, this would hurt more than help sometimes (like if the opponent is struggling, he can use it against me.) I think that the windstorm are the best idea for the deck... this deck not only needs to counter stadiums, but also a couple of tools.

Pokemontoya: Crystal Beach would shut me down if I played holon's castform as energy. Also, This thing doesn't have issues with Rai-eggs... everything in it dies in 1 hit from draggy.

Moltres: I know... that's why there are 2. ALSO why there are Researchers.

Moza: What was your Flygon Line? (ex/regular ratio)

light_gengar said:
Cardraider:
-The Ray d EX is ESSENCIAL in this deck. I don't know how many times I have had a battle where I just wish that I could pick off a dying poke from the bench. He's not easily searchable, but with 2 you up the chances of having one when you need one, or Reasearcher for it. In an Ideal setup, I'll be drawing with castform, and when they KO it, Ray d can either pummel for 70 with 2 energy, or start picking off who he wants for 1. From start to finish, he is a great fighter to have in play.

Read Dragonite ex d's second attack and tell me which one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back