Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fuquay Varina, NC City Championship 1/7/07 (Final Results)

Feraligatr

One additional location for NC. See below for details.

108 W. Vance St
Fuquay Varina, NC

Directions
I-40E or I-40W to the US-1 South exit (toward Sanford/Asheboro). Take the NC-55 exit (exit 95) and turn left at the light onto E. Williams/NC-55S. Stay straight to go onto NC-55 BYP South. Turn slight right onto S Main St/NC-55. Turn slight right onto Wake Chapel Rd. Turn right at the light onto NC-42/US-401/N Main St. Go about .4 miles and turn right at the light onto W.Vance St (Look for the big Pikachu in front of the store).

Date
Sunday, January 7, 2007

Registration Time
12:00pm - 1:00pm

Note: Decklists will be required and available onsite.

Start Time
1:30pm

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified (Ex Deoxys through Ex Dragon Frontiers including Nintendo black star promo cards 029 and above, Ex Trainer Kit 2, and POP Series 2, 3, & 4). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, TV Reporter, etc).

Rounds
Based on attendance. After swiss rounds are completed, cut to single elimination per age group with 1 hour match, best 2 of 3 (top ?? will be based on attendance per age group).

Prizes (Junior, Senior, & Master Divisions)
1st - 18 booster packs, City Championship Medal, Bag of Goodies
2nd - 10 booster packs
3rd - 4 booster packs
4th - 4 booster packs
5th and after - 1 booster pack

Every player will receive Promo Card and Pin while supplies last!!!

Door Prizes
Pokemon Figure (1 per age group)
Pokemon Plush (1 per age group)

If attendance is 30 or more then the grand prize will be 12 Dragon Frontiers Booster Packs.

Last edited:
Two and half weeks to go with 5 CC's left in the Carolina's. This one may be a little cramped but will work it out.

Latest Results

This was the smallest venue in NC/SC with the largest attendance (52 I believe). Everyone was pretty cramped but had a great time. Jeff throws a great tournament but this one will go down in the record books! Here are the results that I know of.
Top 2
Junior
---------
Tristan H
Bill P

Senior
--------------
Bobby M
Curran H

Masters
-------------
Eric N
Kevin N
Aaron C
Jim M
Twitchy
Brian L
Will V
(missing one from top 8)

Randy

This was the smallest venue in NC/SC with the largest attendance (52 I believe). Everyone was pretty cramped but had a great time. Jeff throws a great tournament but this one will go down in the record books! Here are the results that I know of.
Top 2
Junior
---------
Tristan H
Bill P

Senior
--------------
Bobby M
Curran H

Masters
-------------
Eric N
Kevin N
Aaron C
Jim M
Twitchy
Brian L
Will V
(missing one from top 8)

Randy

Don't tell me that's his seventh win... o_O

Top 2
Junior
---------
Tristan H
Bill P

Senior
--------------
Bobby M
Curran H

Masters
-------------
Eric N
Kevin N
Aaron C
Jim M
Twitchy
Brian L
Will V
(missing one from top 8)

Randy

Hey Randy- actual count was 55- and you didn't mention the guest who came to visit! Just goes to show you - there is never a dull moment with pokemon drama! The master that you miss was your buddy Jordon... winner in the masters was Kev! Thank goodness that was a quickie!~ Discard piles were all in the right places- it's all good! :wink: See ya again soon! Winner in the JR. was Bill!

Last edited:
Missing Jordon

You can't be serious. I forgot Jordon H. So sorry Jordon. I racked my brain for the last name but I was very tired last night. By the way, who won the other age groups?

Thanks,
Randy

You can't be serious. I forgot Jordon H. So sorry Jordon. I racked my brain for the last name but I was very tired last night. By the way, who won the other age groups?

Thanks,
Randy

If you had read my post- you would have seen who won- I guess you were busy dealing with a wind storm of your own...(Tad Snatching the packs out of Jeff's hand.)

Bingo, we are sure doing some serious discussion regarding "gracious professionalism. Talk about unbecoming conduct.

Zina says she wont let us out unsupervised any more (I think she just missed the Poke-weekend fun, she was "stuck" babysitting her mother!).

Also, the kids have got me, personally, playing on a beginners mat, since I seem to have some frontal lobe dementia.

Poor Jeff is a King among men for always coping perfectly with all the outburst of rudeness from his own player base.

In fact, somebody should be writing articles in the Cary news about how amazing you guys are in keeping Pokemon alive in NC/SC, inspite of various flick and flack from so called 'passionate players".

As always, thanks for running a tremendous show.

See you next weekend with apology in hand, Randy

and CONGRATS to all the winners!:clap:

Bingo, we are sure doing some serious discussion regarding "gracious professionalism. Talk about unbecoming conduct.

Zina says she wont let us out unsupervised any more (I think she just missed the Poke-weekend fun, she was "stuck" babysitting her mother!).

Also, the kids have got me, personally, playing on a beginners mat, since I seem to have some frontal lobe dementia.

Poor Jeff is a King among men for always coping perfectly with all the outburst of rudeness from his own player base.

In fact, somebody should be writing articles in the Cary news about how amazing you guys are in keeping Pokemon alive in NC/SC, inspite of various flick and flack from so called 'passionate players".

As always, thanks for running a tremendous show.

See you next weekend with apology in hand, Randy

and CONGRATS to all the winners!:clap:

yeah- we had to have that little chat AGAIN with someone after the raffles- but what else is new? Guess that yesterday was the day for all you know what to break loose. My kudos go out to Josh R and Susan P for being such great sports yesterday and lending us their strong support and people skills...little patience can go along way- and they wasn't alot of pateince around yesterday. 4 more of these crazy things for us and this is only the warm up. I'm not looking forward to people when it gets down to crunch time with rankings.

THANK YOU for running this event! The venue was.... erm... small.... but I'm very glad we could make it. Had a great time seeing everyone.

I borrowed a Lugia ex fromsomebody at this tournament but didn't manage to catch their name.. so I forgot to give it back. If you are reading this,could youtell me you're name and when/where I can give it back?

Thanks.

Back