Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The calm before the storm: SPR - April 21, 2007

Gosh, I don't think that I can go to the Southern Plains Regionals ever again based on the location change. 15 hours and 51 minutes is SO MUCH longer of a drive than 15 hours and 15 minutes to Houston. Mike Cook you've made a huge mistake booking a Regionals that is SO FAR AWAY from me. First you booked Arlington which was far away, then you book Houston that was also far away, and now you're having it in Conroe, Texas. Say, you Conroe people have it so nice being so close to your Regional Championships and it's an unfair advantage. You Conroe people probably have the luxury of eating breakfast or perhaps even peforming some basic hygine while I'm stuck driving some sour additional thirty-six minutes. That's an unfair advantage Mr. Cook. Shouldn't I be able to enjoy my english crossant with a side of grapes?

You're right, Phil. How dare I want to play in a premier tournament, especially with the invite format that we have this year.

Im not going to say anything else, because sounds to me you've made up your mind.

But I will add this: I will support where ever its going to be held (Houston OKC, or Kansas). Doesnt matter to me...Because one way or another I will be prepared far in advance. (Another Example: I have my trips for Nats & Hawaii already booked and ready to go, in case I dont win either of those trips).

But good luck in trying to change where they are held. Daunting task for only one individual, a task that I do respect.

Rofl at Phil's post. Basic hygeine>>>getting to a Pokemon tournament on time, god forbid.

Last year, the point Jordan pushed was extremely valid: Why hold it in Houston when it doesn't represent the entire region well? I agree with him there.

However, I believe that POP took the measure to NOT define regions this year, so Oklahoma is stuck driving up to Missouri/TN/IL, where there will probably be two regionals, or down to Conroe (6-7 hours). The Southern Plains is now just a title, and no longer a specific "region": just a vague representation.

7 hours.....sounds familiar. It's just unfortunate. West has more players and yet continually gets less events. States and Regionals are way unbalanced.

Yupp, way off. The Woodlands is about 3 hours South of Dallas and 45 mins North of Downtown Houston.

To all the people who are gripping...I have changed my stance on this issue. I believe that if you truly want to attend an event, then MAKE it happen...Dont just sit around and whine about it. Whining doesnt solve anything IRL. You have plenty of time to get things in order. Like me for example. I have had the money saved for 2-3 Regionals (regardless of location) for about the last 2 months. I didnt wait around to see where it was at. Therefor I have made my trip to Regionals happen by DIRECT ACTION......

Clay, that only works with people who can get there on there oen terms...There is only ONE way i can go to regionals, and thats by a parent dricing me there. So I cant take the initiative more than saying" Hey, mom, will you drive me 7 hours for a tournament?" which the answer is, and forever will be no...So then what am I supposed to do?

I think the reason that regionals is in the South Texas area is because Mike (the PTO) does not want to drive 7 hours to organize a tounement when he can do it closer to where he lives.

Lets talk about DOOR PRIZES.

Remember last year? One person in each age group got to choose a GameBoy or sealed box of booster packs, then ALL the other cool stuff we gave out.

SUGGESTIONS, I want to hear them. What would you like this time? Give me some ideas. Keep it reasonable of course. What's on your wish list?

Suggest 3 items per post please.

A new car.... lol j/k

maybe if u win um like a free dinner/hotel room for next years southern regionals .... ? possible....

um.... well since gameboys r kind of old now.... a sealed box/ Nintendo DS Lite.... sounds good....

Gift Cards are always good to somewhere.... Sleeves/Deck boxes are also always a good thing....

If I think of something else i'll post it.....

O and i'm really gonna try and make it to Regionals this year if work will permit it.... I really hope so

Lets talk about DOOR PRIZES.

Remember last year? One person in each age group got to choose a GameBoy or sealed box of booster packs, then ALL the other cool stuff we gave out.

SUGGESTIONS, I want to hear them. What would you like this time? Give me some ideas. Keep it reasonable of course. What's on your wish list?

Suggest 3 items per post please.

Regionals in a BETTER place next year to accomidate to all parts of the region?

yeah Dallas/Ft. Worth location is just better for everyone.... but hey if you luv da pokemanz like i do you'll be willing to drive/beg for a ride no matter what....

I just talked to my dad , even if they have to wheel his corpse in WE WILL BE THERE! He doesn't plan on just giving it away by default =)

Man, when you guys make it down here (which I'm confident you will :D), that guy needs an honorary award or something.

Whicker, if your dad will drive you down to denton ( about 1 hr into texas) you can ride with me and my group the rest of the way. We're going up their that friday night.

Regionals in a BETTER place next year to accomidate to all parts of the region?

Why on earth would you quote my Door Prize post and post this? Is this your way of ruining a great thread? Oh, I get it, YOU LOVE TO SPAM. I'll give you a pack of cards if you leave and go SPAM somewhere else.

Yupp, way off. The Woodlands is about 3 hours South of Dallas and 45 mins North of Downtown Houston.

The Woodlands is 3 hrs from Dallas, but 45 min from Downtown Houston? how slow do you drive Clay? On a GOOD Day I get get from MY HOUSE to the Woodlands in 45 Minutes :O yeah yeah and I live in South West Houston yeah 20 Min south of SugarLand YEAH!:tongue:

Back