Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DragonFly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamisportsfan45

This deck is based around Dragonite Ex and Flygon. I thought of this deck myself and considered it my rogue deck. The strategy is to have Flygon power up Dragonite and use Castform to draw and set this deck up as fast as possible. In the meantime, your powering up a load of other Dragonite and Dragonite Ex's on your bench for when your active pokemon is Ko'd. I named it and it's my list completely. Please list any thoughts, suggestions, and fixes. Thanks and Enjoy. Here's the list:

Pokemon
4 Holon Castform (Holon Phantom)
1 Dratini (Dragon Frontier-Grass)
1 Dratini (Delta Species-Electric)
1 Dratini (Delta Species-Electric)
1 Dragonair (Delta Species-Electric)
1 Dragonair (Delta Species-Electric)
3 Dragonite Ex (Dragon Frontier)
1 Dragonite (Delta Species)
2 Spearow (Crystal Guardian)
2 Fearow (Crystal Guardian)
2 Trapinch (Holon Phantom)
1 Vibrava (Holon Phantom)
2 Flygon (Holon Phantom)
Trainer
3 Holon Transciever
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Farmer
1 Holon Researcher
1 Holon Adventurer
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Lass
2 Windstorm
2 Holon Ruins
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Professor Oak's Research
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
Energy
5 Electric Energy
4 Delta Rainbow Energy
5 Grass Energy

Just a little deck idea that I thought I might try out. Any thoughts? Tips and Feedback Welcome and Appreciated. Please include any reasons as to why you posted the tips and fixes. Thanks.

Mods: I would appreciate this deck not being posted into the cardiology for I am hoping for this deck to not become a large archetype. (In other words, I'd rather not see any of this deck at any big events because of me posting this deck list). Thanks Mods. :thumb:

~MSF45

Last edited:
hey there.

holon engine gotta have 4 transceivers.
[REASON]: Well, why do you have 4 candies?

stick to one of warp point or switch.
[REASON]: no way to search for trainers. so for consistencies sake, you should play only the same ones, and adjust your play accordingly so instead of hoping to top deck any specific one, you outs is doubled.

4 delta rainbow
[REASON] with just one GL, and main attacker being dragonite, delta rainbow can do all the work here.

Oak research -> copy cat -> holon scientist
[REASON] Copy cat generally guarantees a larger hand. and scientist works better for holon engines

Flygon d EX
[REASON] just cuz you can. and just cuz its the only other stage 2 with no weakness. It is also psychic, a great type to have for weakness. it also do mad damage to basic-filled decks. o, and cuz you already run a flygon line.

Pokemon Reversal -> one of the things discussed above
[REASON] you dont have enough flipping cards in the deck to average decent luck every game. having unreliable things like reversal in your deck severely compromises your plays. also, dragonite is useful enough a sniper, reversal is hardly needed.

TV Reporter -> one of the things discussed above
[REASON] TVR just isnt part of a holon engine.

Sorry about that, let me explain that.

4 Rare Candies: 2-1-2 Flygon, 3-2-3 Dragonite? It just makes A LOT of sense to play 4 Candies.
2 Trancievers: I only have 2 at the moment but will definately play 4 when I have the chance
2 TV Reporter: Dont have any Adventurer at the moment and they sub for the missing Transcievers for now. only for now though. I would definately not play the list I currently have for any bigger events.
3 Delta Raindow: It's all I have until I get ahold of 1 more. Then I will play 4.

Your opinion on Copycat and Prof. Oak's Research is not valid. I can definately argue that statement. I am planning to use the Holon Engine so I have Scientist in there. Flygon is in as a safeguard substitute. Same with Reversals. 1 of Warp Point and Switch makes a lot of sense too.

Overall, with the changes I will eventually be making I think that the list is pretty good in general. Im just checking to see what other people think of it to see and make some changes and weak points from there viewpoints.

~MSF45

hey there.

holon engine gotta have 4 transceivers.
[REASON]: Well, why do you have 4 candies?

Sorry about that, let me explain that.

4 Rare Candies: 2-1-2 Flygon, 3-2-3 Dragonite? It just makes A LOT of sense to play 4 Candies.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't being clear. I couldn't think of a reason for suggesting 4 transceivers. I wasn't really asking about why you put in 4 candies. Putting in 4 transceivers would be the same reason that you play 4 candies. Consistency.

My opinion on copycat and prof oak is probably not valid. But I am curious about your arguments there.

2 Reversals will be wasted space. It's not something you can search for. It is very unlikely that you will draw them at the right time, Then, you still have the dice roll to deal with. If you put in full holon engine, I think you will find that you will be most of the time discarding them for holon supporters.

Switch and warp point isnt that big of a deal. The difference of putting 1 of each or 2 of one kind only shows once in a long while. Sometimes I do it too when I dont have 2 RH switches to deck.

Warp Point is basicly in there for when they either have 2 pokemon (serves as a free reversal) or for when they have a full bench of pokemon that I can OHKO and force them to bring one of them out for a free prize. Considering I attach 2 energy per turn and would be smart enough to have an energy attached to the pokemon ahead of time to do some damage to ko them. About Copycat and POR...I think that POR is a better card to use but have Copycat in there just in case. Copycat isnt always guaranteeing more then 5 cards. Your opponent may move so fast that he or she has less then 5 turns. I usually have less and most of the people I play at cities and states so far this year have had lower hands and copycat was almost pointless so im glad I used my head and played even POR and Copycat. Only this time I think I only need 3 shuffle cards rather then 4. Also, because the deck is so quick with drawing cards (due to castform, holon ruins, holon engine, etc.) your bound to have the Reversals by the time you need them. Plus, they serve as great discard cards in case your playing an archetype that you know of. So you'd know wether or not you'd need the reversals anyways. But yeah, Like I said, when I get the rest of the Holon Engine I will update the list above. Right now im only working with the cards I have at hand. Thanks though.

~MSF45

Here's a bit of contradiction. You claim that the deck is so quick with drawing cards, yet you run shuffling drawing.

This deck has no counter to any of the big format breaking heavy-hitters. Lugia, lati@s *. With all this acceleration, your damage still caps at 80. Without a proper stadium to lock in, dragonite d ex is half wasted. The brutal truth is, this deck prolly wont even make tier 2.

You might be able to tech in a mew d * or mew d POP 5.

check my sig. I haven't played in a while, So I can't tell you if any info there helps, but feel free to take what you can from my list. I'll check back, so tell me if you found anything useful there.

MP: yeah, thats always true. Should I run any safeguard pokemon? Also, should I run Deoxys Ex? I could 1H ko Latios Ex and Lugia Ex and a lot of other pokemon that break the format with Deoxys Ex alone.

LG: Thanks

~MSF45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back