Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best player not to qualify...even though it is not "official" yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PokemonD4:Just looked at your post and would like to know what is wrong with sitting out a tourney?Is it cheating some how?She didn't have a deck at the time and was at that point, 75pts higher than anyone else in the area and I didn't want her to risk her rating.Its a br come on.

While I'm with you that the deck checkers messed up on 61 cards, I'm sure you're gonna have Lawman come and tell you that the deck is the players responsbility to have the right contents in their deck throughout the whole tournament. So next time at a tournament, have her count her cards in her deck after her match to avoid another situation like that.

And about RC's coming out of the discard, I once had a situation at the good ole 2001 STS where I had setup before my opponent and he goes to place his prizes and his hand drags his whole deck spilling over my play area, and we're both playing with green sleeves and then I have to reshuffle b/c I had my hand down to and it is irreversable, but a judge never came so me being what like 7 or 8 doesn't know to call for a judge until after the tournament so I'm not rude to my opponent, much more mannered then than now:lol::thumb:, So after my first set-up being godly for my deck, I restart, draw crap and then lose.:mad:

It's not quite the same but relative.

Why do I need to Wag when you already did :wink:. Likewise, during the T4 Nats JRs match, both players were playing w/ the teal Japanese pokesleeves. One of the judges stated before the match to the others....they need to count their decks at end of match. So, at the end, I asked them to count (It was a mirror match too, Flygon) and sure enough, one ended up w/ a common stadium mixed up, giving them 61 and 59. We fixed it with warnings/cautions to each. Better to catch it there than in the finals!

Back OT: It is a shame Brian J missed out, 13th in masters is tough grapes to swallow.

Keith

Why do I need to Wag when you already did :wink:. Likewise, during the T4 Nats JRs match, both players were playing w/ the teal Japanese pokesleeves. One of the judges stated before the match to the others....they need to count their decks at end of match. So, at the end, I asked them to count (It was a mirror match too, Flygon) and sure enough, one ended up w/ a common stadium mixed up, giving them 61 and 59. We fixed it with warnings/cautions to each. Better to catch it there than in the finals!

Back OT: It is a shame Brian J missed out, 13th in masters is tough grapes to swallow.

Keith
Its not a big deal, since at least one RI player got in. I look at is a motivational thing for next season, to push myself even harder then this year. As for the topic, I would say James Flint should get an invite after his great season.

Not trying to be rude by jumping into the middle of this argument, but isn't it standard tournament procedure that any top cut matches that have time called during the second game end instantly with the win being awarded to whoever won the first game?

Whoa, time out!

I'm going to second Waliken/Aaron's question, because I think he's right.

It is my understanding that if time is called and a game has not finished, that game doesn't count. So if time is called and game 2 has not been decided, the winner of Game 1 is the winner of the match.

(I went back and re-read and I think Keith is in agreement with us. Incomplete games do not count. And APT below me is correct - when time is called, the player whose turn it is is allowed to finish their turn. It is my understanding that there are some judges across the country who do not allow that to occur. That needs to get fixed.)

Gorn: No "thinking" about it, it is the way I know the rule is. I kept trying to convince others of this principle.

Keith

Well Lawman, I'm talking about the fact that both angela and her brother told me that her opponent pulled off an illegal move that the judge did not handle, when though she tried to ask for help. Apparently the opponent even admitted to this illegal move after the match to both angela and her brother. I know that these kids wouldn't lie to me about this, I know that they are very honest so I doubt that this was any fault on her part...

CMT

Well Lawman, I'm talking about the fact that both angela and her brother told me that her opponent pulled off an illegal move that the judge did not handle, when though she tried to ask for help. Apparently the opponent even admitted to this illegal move after the match to both angela and her brother. I know that these kids wouldn't lie to me about this, I know that they are very honest so I doubt that this was any fault on her part...

CMT
Enough on Junior player rumor, not fair. Abe aren't you going to law school? You should know better. Don't public post any further debate/rumors/second hand accounts on any players integrity issues. (PM if you must.)

For Juniors I'd have to say Andrew C from Australia.
The only reason he never got an invite is because we dont have 1 million cities and states here in Australia.
And in the only states we had, there were no Juniors at all. No people = no points.
And at Nationals, he had the crappiest hands. Plus, we only get top 1 invites

For Juniors I'd have to say Andrew C from Australia.
The only reason he never got an invite is because we dont have 1 million cities and states here in Australia.
And in the only states we had, there were no Juniors at all. No people = no points.
And at Nationals, he had the crappiest hands. Plus, we only get top 1 invites

No country in the world gets a million cities or states.

You gotta spread the word of Pokemon TCG around your country to get more young people to play. Don't just sit and complain, email POP or start a league at a library and spread the game.

PokemonD4:Just looked at your post and would like to know what is wrong with sitting out a tourney?Is it cheating some how?She didn't have a deck at the time and was at that point, 75pts higher than anyone else in the area and I didn't want her to risk her rating.Its a br come on.

There was no bad intent implied but the post is....best player not to qualify....and she did not get the points to qualify. I understand its a hard choice...but sitting while not in the top tier....it is a risk and she choose not to play....that was a risk she took, and missed the cut. That was my point..."And in the area"...there were people at that tourny that were not from the area.

Last edited:
Ok so how do you know she would've made the cut if she played at Rockford?All she needed to lose points is 1 or 2 game losses where she more than likely would've lost around 20 points a game.I could say, what if she played in another cc?Or dropped after the first day of nationals?Would she of made it? probly(dropping at nats would ensure the invite).Do you know that ahead of time?Of course not.

For people like Angela that had a high ranking coming of regs, had more to lose than to gain in BR's. The prizes weren't that great and going 4-1 would result in a minimal gain because of so many new players there.

Brain J. (Papi/Mani) in Masters.

Hands down.

He may not be popular or of the "elite" but he went 8-1 in swiss at Nats and lost in T32. He's 5 points from beating out G-Dog. Next year is his year.

Next, Mikey F. is amazing and is one of the best players I have ever judged.

Juniors: Peter, Mikey's little bro. He's brilliant but had some tough luck.

Steve

Anyways, I dont think I have listed my choices for the three division... XD

Juniors: the 7 year old, Jeremiah, if he had only gone to more tounraments, he coulda had it...
Seniors: Flint. Hands Down - He'll make it anyways at grinder :biggrin:
Masters: Pooka... or BigginZZZ :biggrin::thumb:

Wow. I didn't bully a 10 year old.I came to her asked her if she knew anything about the rare candy situation and she gave me this story that fits nothing with my sisters. I kindly asked if she could go to the judges to hear her side of the story. She says no.So then I leave.Is that bullying?You don't even know anything politoed so get out of this.

Btw Jeremiah isnt 6.I have 8 younger siblings and I have tried teaching them pkmn and it is almost impossible to teach until they're 8. 6 year olds cannot do hard mathematical equations or read to the extent you need to to play. Do a test and have a 6 year old kid read a card to you or do multiplication or addition problem like 40X2 or 30+20. He wont be able to do it by himself. You know lying about age is like cheating right?

This will be my last remark on this subject:
I had a witness /lady that came up to me and told me everything that you told my daughter. If it was as easy or nice like you make it out to be why did she make sure that what you were telling her was bad in her view as a parent. Believe me, you did not say to go tell a judge her side of the story but to go and tell the judge she cheated are 2 diffrenent things. You know what you did and don't think you can pull that off again. Bottom line is she won legit and your sister didn't. Get over it and try better next year. Try beating her brother at this game since I think you are in the same age group. See you at worlds or NOT!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Wow. I didn't bully a 10 year old.I came to her asked her if she knew anything about the rare candy situation and she gave me this story that fits nothing with my sisters. I kindly asked if she could go to the judges to hear her side of the story. She says no.So then I leave.Is that bullying?You don't even know anything politoed so get out of this.

Btw Jeremiah isnt 6.I have 8 younger siblings and I have tried teaching them pkmn and it is almost impossible to teach until they're 8. 6 year olds cannot do hard mathematical equations or read to the extent you need to to play. Do a test and have a 6 year old kid read a card to you or do multiplication or addition problem like 40X2 or 30+20. He wont be able to do it by himself. You know lying about age is like cheating right?

CMT

More homer backing. They will tell you that the sky is falling and you will more than likely look up. These are kids that didn't make it and will say whatever, if you weren't there let it go. My kids play str8 up and don't nedd to cheat. My family has been playing this game since it first came out and have been winning for a long time. This is her first nationals and she made top 16.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back