Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rioloom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_B_C

After looking at the dp3 spoliers. I found this combo to be pretty good. I came up with the name by taking RIO from lucario and taking LOOM from breloom. To make rioloom.
And yes I will post spoliers
Pokemon 16

4 riolu
-
3 lucario
-
1 lucario lv. X

4 shroomish
-
4 berloom
------
Trainers

2 Team galatic's wager
2 castaway
2 scott
1 battle fronteir
3 tv reporter/Team Galactic’s Mars
2 hammal's research
4 celio's net work
1 night maintence
3 cessation crystal
2 crystal shard
3 pluspower
1 Phoebe's stadium
-------
Energy 18
12 fighting
4 double Rainbow energy
2 scrmble
---Spoliers----
Shroomish L.10 – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Headbutt: 10 damage.
[G][C] Poison Spore: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Breloom L.40 – Grass – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Shroomish

[F][C] Drain Punch: 40 damage. Remove a number of damage counters from Breloom equal to the number of Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[F][C][C] Homing Uppercut: 60 damage. If the Defending Pokemon’s retreat cost is 0, this attack does an additional 60 damage.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Team Galactic’s Mars – Supporter

Draw 2 cards. Then, without looking, choose 1 card from your opponent’s hand, and put it on the bottom of your opponent’s deck.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon, and discard it at the end of your turn.

Hamana’s Research – Supporter

Search your deck for up to 2 in any combination of Basic Pokemon cards and Basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon, and discard it at the end of your turn.
-------
Start with Riolu. Attach and flip heads.
Use hammal's research and get a energy and a shroomish -OR- use ceilo's network and get the turn 2 lucario on them.
Then start to power up breloom and just an all out attack.
------
This deck still needs to be tested. When the next set comes out.

Thanks for reading. Please post a your ideas.

Last edited:
There isn't much synergy between Lucario and Breloom other than them both using fighting energy. Also, there is a combo with running Phoebe's stadium with Breloom so Breloom hits any psychic pokemon (with 2 or less retreat) for 120 damage. You might look into that to curve your psychic matchups.

If you can somehow find a way to squeeze in Great Ball, Quick Ball, and/or Pokedex handy 910is, more power to you. Those cards were built for Stage 1 decks like yours.

- Croatian "mushroom power" Nidoking

There isn't much synergy between Lucario and Breloom other than them both using fighting energy.

we have an article about a pile of 60 cards called mario that is basically the same thing
the difference is, here the other pokemon is a stage 1, making it easier to bring him out =/

agreed with Cro_King, quick ball is your friend, try to squeeze 4 in if at all possible

There isn't much synergy between Lucario and Breloom other than them both using fighting energy. Also, there is a combo with running Phoebe's stadium with Breloom so Breloom hits any psychic pokemon (with 2 or less retreat) for 120 damage. You might look into that to curve your psychic matchups.
I have seen some stuff on that combo.
If you can somehow find a way to squeeze in Great Ball, Quick Ball, and/or Pokedex handy 910is, more power to you. Those cards were built for Stage 1 decks like yours.

- Croatian "mushroom power" Nidoking

I'll consider it. But what to drop?

Dear Brian,

As always, a creative (and probably very winning) deck. I am still a Holon Mentor fan especially with a deck that runs only 8 basics (besides which your mentors as you are aware would be searchable with scott or castaway). There are people like me who are still addicted to Electivire--is it worth playing that many stadium and tools given Electivire Level X and given that those of us who run Pokepower/body heavy decks tend to run 3 or 4 Windstorm?. I would consider dropping some of the tools and stadiums and make room for more cards that would help get your Pokemon out or increase draw power, but otherwise a dynamite deck.

BTW, aren't the Patriots 6-0 and to help the rest of us at tournament time, can't we put you back into the middle division and pretend you're not 15 yet!?

John

MadHatter: You might have me confused with someone who like Mario or plays Mario. I do neither.

I do feel 4 Castaways might be needed. I don't see crystal shard being that needed, so I'd replace them with strength charm.

Instead of BOOM, we have LOOM!

Hey, love the deck and good luck with it. I'll be using it too!

My Trainer list (28)

3 hamana
3 celio's
1 lake boundary
1 battle frontier
2 phoebe's
2 scott
3 oak's visit
2 tgw
3 castaway
3 cessation
1 night maint
2 switch

12 fighting
2 dre
2 scramble

what are the top 3 psychic decks to expect at cities? just for reference purpouses. 2 pheobe's seems like a reasonable amount because i haven't seen too much for psychic decks, i could see flygon being taken down for 2 prizes but i doubt that will have too much play, most flygon decks only have like 2 purple ones anyway,

why would a deck with lucario need a blissey counter? lol

as far as basics, i'd suggest 2-3 dual ball/great ball, 1-2 mentor

no quick ball, there is plenty of search, quick ball is subpar in a multi pokemon deck, like if you want to use it to get any basic on to your bench before a shuffle draw card, you'll probably end up getting an evolution you can't play than shuffling

i don't know about pokedex handy's, more draw supporters should be fine, i just don't see the "get a certain card at all costs" need, that would justify pokedex, if you plan on wasting your supporter on a card that discards a card from your opponents hand randomly, you might need the pokedex's to fulfil your draw needs

i would suggest 1 night mainteneace to be added to king gengar's list just to enforce the basic principle that lvl x needs NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back