Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TRUK Engine

Mentor is great in Blisscat for two reasons:

1. It can put an energy in your discard pile T1 to be picked up T2.

2. It can get a tech/happiny, a chansey, and a skitty all at once.

And I love Quick Ball, Master Ball, etc, but I'd rather have the castaway-searchable reliability of Celio to get exactly what I want.

Jayson is actually much closer than anyone to our Pickup TRUK deck's trainer line. One thing that's off though, is that we don't play happiny, which cuts the mentor count to 1 by default (one to get with castaway).

There's a few other things off, but we'll probably do an article on this and Blissvire later, but Jayson's the closest anyone's been thus far.

It's clear that Jayson has actually done some kind of testing and thinking, unlike most of the other people demanding to know the trainer line. Congrats on that.

Yes, yes, but i'd rather use a TVR/Adv. Due to the Balls, i can still get a Blissey (if i don't have it), by using Master Ball, and still get a basic with Great Ball too.

It's what you prefer, i guess.

Yes, yes, but i'd rather use a TVR/Adv. Due to the Balls, i can still get a Blissey (if i don't have it), by using Master Ball, and still get a basic with Great Ball too.

It's what you prefer, i guess.

After setup and drawing a card T1, assuming no mulligans, you still have 46 cards left in your deck. If four are Blissey, that's one out of every 11.5 cards. Master Ball looks at 7. If a Blissey is prized, then one out of every 15.33 cards is a Blissey.

I seem to get what i need every time.. o_O

Also, i said _after_ using a TVR, but it doesn't make much difference, does it..?

No idea what the TRUK engine looks like but Balls engines are classics around here at the moment. In particular in insanity decks which run no more than four basics. Our trainer lists for Blissey based decks resemble the one below:

TRAINERS (32)

3 Team Galactic’s Wager (disable)
2 Time-Space Distortion (enable)
3 Holon Adventurer (draw)
2 Strength Charm (enable)
1 Holon Mentor (search)
2 Buffer Piece (enable)
2 Windstorm (disable)
4 TV Reporter (draw)
2 Pluspower (enable)
4 Quick Ball (search)
3 Great Ball (search)
4 Castaway (search)

The particular draw trainers vary from insanity deck to insanity deck. In non-Blissey based decks Professor Oak's Visit and Galactics Mars are much more common than TV Reporter and Adventurer. The particular tools and cards such as Windstorm vary too. Some use Cessation over Buffer Piece and some decks use stadiums instead of Windstorm. This choice depends on the current environment and the particular insanity line used (e.g.: Lucario, Ghosts, Blissey, Honchcrow and soon Eeveelutions). However the ones above are pretty much a template from which trainer choices are adapted to the particular insanity line. Not sure whether it is the ideal choice but it tends to work rather fine. I figure the extra Wager might take some by surprise. This is due to the fact that insanity decks are one of two popular choices here at the moment. Some also use 3-3, 3-3 stage one lines with a similar fast enine and there are also some nicer stage two decks. Thus mulligans can become an issue and you thus want to wager rather fast with an insanity deck.

Jayson is actually much closer than anyone to our Pickup TRUK deck's trainer line. One thing that's off though, is that we don't play happiny, which cuts the mentor count to 1 by default (one to get with castaway).

There's a few other things off, but we'll probably do an article on this and Blissvire later, but Jayson's the closest anyone's been thus far.

It's clear that Jayson has actually done some kind of testing and thinking, unlike most of the other people demanding to know the trainer line. Congrats on that.

Funny, but his trainer line looks a lot like my trainer line.

Hey! Maby I have bin useing the TRUK engine and not relizeing it. :lol:

I've said this before. There is no such thing as the "TRUK engine" Just seperate consistent winning engines for a variety of decks.

What's so special about TRUK decks then if they are just decks with consistent winning engines? Didn't all the other decks that won tournaments also have consistent winning engines too?

What's so special about TRUK decks then if they are just decks with consistent winning engines? Didn't all the other decks that won tournaments also have consistent winning engines too?

Well, Mario won, so the answer is a resounding no.

Except that you have no way of knowing exactly what the various Mario trainers look like in every deck. How can you know for SURE that a given Mario didn't have a consistent engine? I've played & played against some remarkably different ones trainer wise.

Except that you have no way of knowing exactly what the various Mario trainers look like in every deck. How can you know for SURE that a given Mario didn't have a consistent engine? I've played & played against some remarkably different ones trainer wise.

it doesnt matter
inconsistantly is inhierant in mario

Thank you sir. And congrats on those results; you all have very impressive records.

And on the subject of TRUK to ensure this doesn't get deleted as spam:
In my personal experience with BlissCatty, the trainer engine should look something like this:

3 Mentor
3 Celio
1 Bebe's Search
4 TV Reporter
4 Castaway
2 Strength Charm
2 Buffer Piece
2 Pluspower
3 Windstorm
1 Night Maintenance/TSD

But it varies depending on your techs, how many Catty EX you use, whether you use happiny, and how many holon energy tricks you use. If you only use FF/fire/fighting for a very anti-blissey metagame, you probably don't need maxed out castaway. If you use sableye(s) and happiny you might want a fourth mentor.

Personally, I prefer something similar to this but instead of Castaway, using Chingling. Let's go with a slightly modified list to start.

4 Wager
4 Bebe's
2 Mentor
3 Windstorm
2 Warp Point
3 Plus Power
1 Strength Charm
1 NM/TSD

--

4 Chingling

Overall that gives us one more slot (only 2 Mentor instead of 3, but I would change that in either list).

Good and bad...

Good
Nice starter, keeps away from Skitty starts.
Keeps your Chansey/Blissey undamaged until they're ready to come out, great against Mario.
If it dies it can activate scramble.
You can attach to it on the first turn to retreat with and then get the energy back with Blissey.
You can ALWAYS Mentor on your second turn, even if you go first.
You can then continue to Mentor and get your Bebe's or Wager in the same turn.

Bad
Could be considered slower than the normal Blissey build (though I don't find that to be true).

I'm sure there are other bads, but I'm in a hurry. I've found that searching for supporters later in the game isn't needed, as you'll just draw into them with Delcatty.

For those of you that noticed, you can discuss the Wager over TV Reporter issue too.

the reasoning to that is that mario is not a deck.
so it cannot have a consistant trainer engine:)
i mean...now luigi....THATS A DECK.

The thing is, Mario runs a stage 2 (for no good reason, can easily be replaced by a more effective stage one like blissey or dodrio or a stage two with more synergy like empoleon), requiring slots for candies, and does a pathetic 70 damage on a stage 2 without pluspowers and charms. It needs tools to do anything against most decks, meaning it has NO SPACE for draw, meaning it has an inconsistent trainer engine. The decks in the mario article thing have like 2 straight draw. That doesn't cut it in any deck, especially one where you NEED to get a stage two out with no setup by turn 3-4 to have any chance at winning.

Back