Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Secret Wonders @ Target. Early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy-chu

I was sure Secret Wonders came out on the 7th but I went to Target today & they had boosters, theme decks & more. I bought 2 boosters! Is this a mistake on Taget's part or what?

I think Target does it almost ever single set now......It is not the first time I have heard this about them.

Large chain stores, such as Target and WalMart, often put products on the shelves as soon as they are shipped in. The back-stock room in each store is rather limited, so they need as much space in the back as they can get.

This of course leads to products (such as Pokemon TCG) being sold before they are intended to be sold.

Large chain stores, such as Target and WalMart, often put products on the shelves as soon as they are shipped in. The back-stock room in each store is rather limited, so they need as much space in the back as they can get.

This of course leads to products (such as Pokemon TCG) being sold before they are intended to be sold.

Most big chains have vendors who stock those items. The vendors dont care and the Targets, Wally Worlds, etc of the world just want the sales.

Keith

Yeah, I have seen the lady (vendor, saw her today) who stocks the gaming stuff @ Target. Maybe she just made a mistake.

Yep. I was just going to post this.
My wife and son went to Target a little while ago, and he picked up 4 boosters with his money he'd been saving for Thursday's release.

Interesting. I think it cheapens it for our FLGS, only in terms that we didn't buy his four boosters there. We'll still buy boosters from our FLGS, just not as quickly as we would have later this week.

Good to know, though.

Oh and its Mesquite, TX.

Yeah Walmart and Target are guilty of violating street date, even though I'm not a big fan of having street dates existing in general. If a place has the product, great, that's where the business is going to flock to. Usually when one huge chain violates street date, all the other chains follow in order to compete and ensure their business isn't going elsewhere. What else could be done, it's all about competition....

As for the packs at these places, I no longer believe in buying them there. When Diamond and Pearl came out at Target 2 weeks early, I bought every pack off the shelf (they had around 40). I did not get a single LV X in any of those packs. I tried the same thing with other sets and still had no luck. I actually got junk cards in most of the packs and way too many doubles on junk rares that no one would trade for. I even have horrible luck in the promo tins and holo pop blister packs! It seems as if they know to put bad packs in the blister sets. Could it all be a conspiracy?? :lol:

As a serious collecter and avid player that wants to have all the cards and the best cards for the best rogue decks (what I think are the best for me anyway), I find it much cheaper and easier to get my boxes on Ebay. They are generally $70 with shipping from my seller, and you are guaranteed more out of one box than just taking your chance with individual packs on the store shelves, believe me from experience and losts of money lost in the process... Just my 2 cents.

I'd prefer Booster Boxes to buying single packs myself. But i rarely ever have the $90 on hand to do it. I went to my Target today, and they didn't have SW out yet. They don't even have a sign saying it's even coming out. I checked every store that sells Pokemon cards, and no one has SW out early. It probably depends on the store. I know PUI has busted them for early release in the past. So i don't think it's a corporate thing, as it's more a Store Manager thing. When RU/SA Ex came out, my Target released them early. After that set, they no longer release them early.

I just came online to post this, but nobody worry targets ablitiy over price packs will stop them from selling before the release date, but of course they do it with SW but not Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back