Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK NATIONALS CHAMPIONSHIP - BIRMINGHAM 3rd JULY 2004 - ROLLCALL

irwinmalek said:
Sorry Ian, but I think that there is nothing wrong with posting what you have seen someone playing... It is the nature of the internet, and it would be very hard to stop everyone posting what wins at different events...

If there is nothing wrong with it as you contend the even though we are close to Nationals why don't you put up and offer us your CC winning decklist?

amphyrules said:
this has not much to do with nationals but i would like 2 know why the london league does not recieve a substantial amount of prizes to support the whole league, also i would like to know y we do not get any UK promos e.g mudkips and torchics.
im not causin any trouble but i would like 2 know who i can contact for more info on y we do not recieve as much as other leagues.

plmk
sami

also i know im in the wrong section IAN/BEN, but did not knw where all the uk TOs would respond.

Well I can tell you that sanctioning 8+ player tourneys should win the promos but your league was months without sanctioning and now the promos have stopped! Repeated requests to TPfG result in us being told that PUI have not sent them.

From the Tourney locator we can see that London has not been that active and therefore no promo's .. if you want them you may have to travel to the Rainham events, we sanction as many as we can as can also be seen from the tournament locator.

Last edited:
ukpokemonpro said:
If there is nothing wrong with it as you contend the even though we are close to Nationals why don't you put up and offer us your CC winning decklist?

Everyone knows what deck I was playing... Someone posting their own decklist/someone posting their deck are two different things. I don't mind people knowing I was playing BAR. They can make a whole deck to beat it if they want, but at the end of the day, you know that I'll probably play something completely different (or then again the same?)

If someone has seen what I was playing, they have every right to post what they have seen, right? Now I WOULD have an objection to Freddy who has the decklist I was playing (because he was the TO) posting it on a website. The only reason he has the list is BECAUSE he is the TO.

I hope you understand what I meant. :)

I do see Irwin's point here, the snapshot is meant to be a reflection of the current UK metagame which will actually help all players who see the full list. No-one played their CC in the dark, the cards were there to see.

Besides a new set's been released which will have an obvious impact on the number of decks that are out there. Such posts listing what won where have been posted for a long time here on the 'Gym under posts made up by Mudkip.

Ah well....

~fK

I have really bad news!!!!! I can't come to Nationals!!!!
I have something on the Saturday that i can't get out off at school!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so angry!!!!!!

Well Steven since no invites have gone out, no official confirmation of the venue is on either the TPFG website or the Pokemon-TCG.com website maybe you aren't missing much??

yah you guys, may as well go somewhere else that weekend, eh... ;)

*pretends he's not trying to put people off turning up*

~fK

Jonathon Sanchez won 15+ at Romford today, 11-14 was won by Tommy Roberts, the under 11s was won by default as only one entrant in that age group ( sorry can't remember his name !!)

...ten days to go to this event...

People staying in the Britannia @ Birmingham -

Stephen Clarke (Hillingdon CC)
Myself (London CC)

Anyone else? And how are you guys going to make it there?

~fK

Toonpark said:
Jonathon Sanchez won 15+ at Romford today, 11-14 was won by Tommy Roberts, the under 11s was won by default as only one entrant in that age group ( sorry can't remember his name !!)
Graeme - does that mean you're up for judging this event then (or at least looking over proceedings)... I know it'll be undisputed if you were selected to be one of the judges on the day calling the shots in the tournament.

~fK

At least Graeme knows how Gold Berry is played ;)

However I do feel we ought to let TPfG put their money where their mouth is and run this on their own after all they keep telling us they know the game .. on second thoughts Graeme help ...

Well I'm going to Birmingham this weekend after all !! I'll be staying in the Britannia Hotel on Friday night. Who else will be around for play testing or failing that propping up the bar ?!?!? :D

I'm there Fri and Sat as is Stephen Clarke, his mum and the two girls 'll be there... it'll be just like Slough Poké league! I take it then you'll be passing opinion on the judging then Graeme - nice :)

~fK

Freddy K. said:
I take it then you'll be passing opinion on the judging then Graeme - nice :)

~fK

I have it on good authority that the judging at Nationals will be to the very highest standards !!!

Oh well!! For my sins, I've been roped in to judge this one along with Graeme.Since me getting into T8 was about as likely as the Pope giving out advice on birth control I thought I better take up the offer!! See you all there!

Back